Phobias

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Phobias

Post by Spartan »

I dislike needles but I haven't got a phobia of them.
I do have Agoraphobia a bit - which is a fear of large, empty, open spaces. And most people I know have the opposite ( which if you can't guess is Claustrophobia) when I feel really safe in places like that - I would be perfectly happy in a closed coffin ( as long as i wasn't buried in it :D )
I used to have this phobia of things touching my neck, If anyone touched the back of my neck I would freeze up and not move an inch. Now that's over but I still dislike stuff on my neck so I only ever wear round or v-necks.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

I think I might be claustrophobic-but not of turtle neck sweaters
and I have a MASSIVE phobia of bugs- bleh, i can't even type the word without being creeped out
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

I've got acrophobia, the fear of heights, as well as the fear of clowns..
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

Spiders! *shivers* & bugs that sting(Ie. bees, wasps, hornets, etc) they remind me of my next fear:

Needles! OMG! I'm the girl who is screaming while cowering in the corner of a room! Yes I'm 27 too! haha

Death...I'm not what you'd say afraid to die...afraid of HOW I will die; yes! I mean more like when someone I know has passed on...I can't stand being alone! Everything scares the crap out of me! A really good friend of mine passed away back in Sept 2007...I was so screwed up from it that I went to my parents house & slept with my Mom for almost 3 months! I'd even make her sit in the bathroom with me while I showered...I was terrified of being alone. As I sit here & type it I realize how rediculous it sounds...but seriously I was screwed up from it!

Lastly...CLOWNS! I REFUSE to go to the Circus!!! I love the animals & the trapeze artists & such but the Clowns freak me out! Even at fairs...I walk QUICKLY in the opposite direction!

Wow...I'm really lame! :lol:
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

needles are a big YUCK and NOOOOO!!!! for me. I hate them. I have to leave a room if I see a needle.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Just call me Bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by Just call me Bella »

I hate needles. But only getting shots, not giving them, that doesn't bother me. weird huh?
I hate heights. that is my worst phobia. I have a hard time looking over a balcony without feeling sick. oh, and just the thought of it.... can't take it.
Edward can bust my headboard, bite my pillows and bruise my body ANYDAY!
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I'm just REALLY scared of spiders. Not the little ones but the ones with the long legs. They scare the hell out of me. It has something to do with my youth. See, I've got this scary *memories* about that kind of spiders looking extremely scary. My sister says she has seen them do the scary thing too, but my mother says it was all part of my over-active imagination. Still, I could've sworn I really saw them.
Another thing I'm afraid of is jumping into water. When I go swimming with friends I'll glide of the water slide but I'll be worried the entire time. I just don't want them to know that. I won't jump in though. I always fear hitting that one moment where you go under water because I'm afraid to not be able to come up for air anymore.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Loads of people have mentioned a phobia of clowns so I'd like to say;

Well firstly - In the U.K they have these wierd adverts that are like little kids saying "I'm not scared of spiders - I'm scared of my Mummy and Daddy dying from smoking" Or something similar.

So I like jumped out of my skin when I went to the pool last week. I walked into the changing rooms and just behind the door was this MASSIVE picture of a really evil looking clown, and underneath it said "I'm not scared of clowns - I'm scared of My Mummy and Daddy Smoking" And Jesus it really scared the crap out of me. It was more of a shock thing though.

Also - for those who've seen Dead Silence, at halloween we were at my friend's who's terrified of Clowns ( So I of course, turned up as a clown ) we were watching the bit with the clown puppet and she kept like ahouting at the tv - "Never trust a clown. Never trust a clown. NEVER TRUST A DAMN CLOWN!" It was pretty funny.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Okay, I have emetophobia - fear of vomiting. Or rather, listening to people vomiting. I can't watch Greys Anatomy or House or any of those hospital shows because I'm terrified of hearing that retching sound . . . omg Breaking Dawn as a movie will be horrible for me, especially the birth scene! I'll have to bring earplugs. :?

And until I was about eight or nine I had this really, really weird phobia. If someone blew up/expanded (like in a TV show, or in Willy Wonka when Violet turns into a blueberry) I would absolutely freak out. I was watching Play School once and the guy George ate this medicine stuff and he turned all round and bobbed in the air. I rann into the other room saying "turn it off, turn it off!" Dad thought it was hilarious.
I was a bit anxious when Harry Potter 3 came out that I'd be scared when Aunt Marge blew up, but I was fine. Thank God. That would have been a bit embarrassing . . . :lol:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
emmettsbiggestfan
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmettsbiggestfan »

I have the fear of...

Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Algophobia- Fear of pain.
Hemophobia or Hemaphobia or Hematophobia- Fear of blood
Hobophobia- Fear of bums or beggars.
Lygophobia- Fear of darkness.

wow, that's a lot... :D
Proud Hand Laborer in EDC, Inc.
Private Vanessa Frost in Jasper's Confederate Army