Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by nafereti »

I don't care if the actor who plays Jacob is Dutch and Irish as long as he looks like Jacob. I wasn't the one bringing up his heritage, I'm only saying that while it is true MC is Filipino, TL is not 100% Native American either. I agree that's no reason to cast or fire an actor, but just as it's a bad reason to get rid of Taylor, it's a bad reason not to hire Copon, if he is the best for the role.
You may not care but the Native American fans that I have talked to do. and if people say "stay true to the book" well damn, stay true than. Obviously, Taylor has some Native & can actor the part.
Taylor is smaller than both Solomon and Krys. Younger too. There's much that can be done with both of those actors, who don't look young to begin with. Taylor's got a baby face, you've got to admit. There's no reason to have to re-cast Solomon and Krys- my only hope is that these two actors can actually act, since "The Cullens don't come here." isn't a whole lot to go on.
Taylor is 16, Krys is 17 & solomon is like 20 something. both krys & taylor have baby faces. that was the main reason why they were cast because they fit the role. if krys & solomon shouldnt be re-cast then taylor shouldnt either. i mean, solomon/sam was already supposed to be a werewolf/ shape-shiftier in twilight yet he did not fit the looks of it. krys/embry turns too in NM before taylor/jacob yet he's still there. im just saying, if summit is going to say all this stuff about taylor, well then look at the other two people as well.
End of story? Summit is going to do whatever they want. I am not the only fan they have to please, nor are you, or any of us. They have to find some way to make not only US happy, the fans, but those who haven't read the books and likely won't read the books. The boyfriends, the husbands, the skeptical co-workers we dragged to the movie, these people have to be entertained too.
you're right, they dont have to make us happy. but then again, we are the reason why twilight is so big. so they SHOULD make us happy. & to people who havent read the book and only watch the movie, i would think these people will find it strange to see one actor portray a role in the first only to see another play the same role in another film. in happens all the time in other films, then again, this is twilight!!
RPatz vs. Taylor Lautner?
they can totally pull it off. the stare at the end of twilight between the two, convinced me.

okay im done arguing. it was fun while it lasted. :D
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
katyc
Settled in Forks

Post by katyc »

i agree with cymbrelynn and everyone else on that side of things. personally, i'm getting really, REALLY tired of hearing about all of this. it's obnoxious--i'm sure that taylor has loved all of the support, but this issue is not in our hands. summit will do whatever they can based on their budget-yes, money-- and don't throw a fit about that either. they are a business first and foremost, and if they go bankrupt trying to make every fan happy then we don't get any more twilight movies. aslo, taylor is no match for rob--it's just not believable. the guys that play sam and embry in twilight actually look older and are both taller than taylor. CGI is too expensive for NM's budget when they are trying to make the wolves look good. they will hire a different jacob. there is basically no question. mtv and other reliable sources wouldn't be posting articles like what they have been posting the last few days if it weren't true. just deal with it. jacob's size and looks are a HUGE part of his character, and it needs to be shown in the movie. it won't be believable if he still looks 16 or 17. rob looks 22 or 23, and he's trying to pull off 17-- so whoever plays jacob needs to looks older than that for it to be realistic. i would suggest to just get over it and support the makers of these movies. they didn't have to make them. remember, no one else wanted to make the books into movies except for the little company known as summit entertainment. we should be thanking them for bringing the world that we love to life. stop complaining please.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Larry from MTV's Twilight Tuesdays posted this:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/16/mi ... ies-stars/

He says, "On a personal note: A lot of you guys have written to me in the frenzied last week, offering your opinions in favor of a person or against them. Some have tried petitions, others have begun Facebook pages, and most have asked for suggestions on how to make your voices heard.

Well if time has shown us one thing, it’s that Summit and Stephenie and the actors, as well as so many other people involved with the film, follow the “Twilight” news on MTV just as closely as you do. And in this pivotal time of casting, it’s never been more important to make your voice heard."

Let you're voice be heard!!

HELP TAYLOR KEEP HIS ROLE AS JACOB!!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Agreed! I think Larry is totally on Team Taycob... Let's keep being heard!!!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

I just watched 'P.S. I Love You' last night..
And I realized that it was Summit who produced the movie..
I know the Twilight saga, is nothing like that movie, but I loved it! If only they could stay true..
That being said - no one is ever going to be pleased at who they chose for the main rule, but Summit should at least look into alternatives before making any decisions ..
Shoot, if they can make Smiegel look so convincing in LOTR .. how hard is it to create 5' tall wolves and 6'7" tall men?

edit:
Rumours of new stars?
Michael Copon as new Jacob?
Ben Barnes as Aro?
I like Ben, but he better play a good Aro, cuz I hated that SOB .. as much as I envy his gift, and sorta annoyed with it at the same time.. he is quite a challenge .. so let's see who they can get to assume this role ..
Still not happy about the rumours tho .. :(
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

It surprises me that they are using Ben to play Aro, I always imagined that character looking much older than Carlisle, but maybe I interpreted what I read in the book wrong. I do like Ben Barnes, but as Aro? hmmm

I agree with everyone else about Summit, I hope they do make an announcement soon about casting and how things will go. I wonder if they are waiting until after the new year? I could see them doing that in January sometime. I also wonder how the impending strike in Hollywood is going to effect things. Anyone know if they have resolved things?
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think they are going to wait to announce new casting until after the 1st of January...I've been following the SAG strike possibility pretty closely and a lot of people in the Guild are speaking out against a strike because it would hurt more than help with the current economy...there is even a possibility that there is going to be an emergency meeting to call back the strike vote
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

For all of those worried about Taylor not coming back as Jacob, looks like there might be something positive. I found this link on the News Blogs here at the Lex. http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

HOPE LIVES! :) Give 'em hell on Friday, Taylor!

Yeah... this actor's strike is going to mess everything up. The entertainment community is still struggling to come back from the writer's strike last year, it really can't afford an actor's strike on top of that now (and add in the current economy - it's bad news bears).
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Hey Cullen_Kisses, I too saw P.S I Love you and the movie was great but as always the book was better (i still cried)

I can understand some people getting frustrated with the Jacob/Taylor situation but it is a concern. I also know Summit is going to do what they want to do no matter what the fans who made them millions want. Why not, if we have too, go down knowing we fought to have our voice heard? I for one would love, love, love Taylot to return BUT if that's not the case then I say PLEASE no Michael Copon!!
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...