Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KaGe
Settled in Forks

Re: Preface

Post by KaGe »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

At first I thought "Oh My God, Edward is going to kill Bella." Then in the next second I thought, :shock: "Stephenie is going to have Bella turn into a vampire by Edward." And that was it, I didn't think about why this was going to happen. Jacob never entered my thoughts, and I for sure had no inkling about Renesmee.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I thought Maybe it would be Victoria or something since she has always been trying to come after her and everything.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
Well, I was thinking that it would be Edward. I don't think she loves victoria. And I didn't know who else could be killing her that she loves.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
BeSafe
Learning to Love Green

Post by BeSafe »

I thought she would escape, although I must admit as I began reading the book I wasn’t so sure.

As others have mentioned I also thought it was about Edward turning her into a vampire
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

Um, it's Bella.. when is she ever not in danger of death? :)
I was biased cuz I read the wikipedia entry b4 I read the books, but still, you never exactly know til you read them! So it was a page-turner.
Yes, I was praying she'd get thru it, I mean, next to Romeo & Juliet, who else could I fall in love with.. but I also felt, scratch that, knew that Bela had to become a vampire evenutally, so if at the end she was going to face danger, at least I couldn't worry because I know she'd be joining Edward soon, by any means possible.

I swore it was Edward. Because in essence, everyday she's human, he's killing her - at least, he's in danger of killing her. And then, with her stubborness, I thought it referenced her wedding night when they consummated the marriage. Seeing how easy it was for Edward to turn the metal bedframe into dust - self-control or not, that would've been quite a task .. However, I was glad to see that i was wrong .. :)
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
Shakespeare
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shakespeare »

Haha. Bella die? Not in a million years.

Well...to tell the truth, I had already read the spoilers (which happen to be much funnier than the actual book ;) ), so I already knew it was the glowing sea serpent.
I'm actually an anti. I don't like the Twilight series at all.

I'm here because I enjoy discussing literature and I think it's often much more interesting to talk to people who disagree with you.

And yes, I have read the books. ;)
cara89felicia
Settled in Forks

Post by cara89felicia »

In the beggining i just thought it was just another cliffhanger, to make you hungry for more... i was curious about it though. the most interesting part for me was who i thought it was, which leads to the next question.

i thought she was talking about jake and the pack. i figured the story would end up that jake was so blinded by his loss for human bella that he would declare some sort of war where the two groups came to battle, but in the end bella would be able to convince him otherwise, by refusing to fight him. like her insistance on keeping the peace would show him that the real bella was still her. obviously that didn't happen lol but thats what i initially thought.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I was sure she would escape. I was convinced that Stephenie wouldn't let the main character die in this saga. But I was sure it wouldn't go without the usual trouble.

I thought it was about Edward changing her. In a way he would have to kill her as a human to change her to immortal state. So I thought it was all about that. She knows this is particullary extremly hard for Edward.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

KaylaMarieBlack7 wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I thought Maybe it would be Victoria or something since she has always been trying to come after her and everything.

Well, I was thinking that it would be Edward. I don't think she loves victoria. And I didn't know who else could be killing her that she loves.
Victoria got killed, ripped apart and every single piece was burned by Edward and Seth in Eclipse (which makes for vampires to not be able to putt themselves back together)? In the whole attac of the newborns thing?
So I don't see how Victoria would come up in Breaking Dawn again?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

To be honest, I thought she was talking about the change, or that, somehow, she was hurt. The preface is quite mysterious. I wasn't sure she'd live. She always does.

I kept changing my mind, motly because of the discussions here. Sometimes, I was sure it was Edward... others, she's talking about Jacob. The key word was "truely". It really gives a lot to specualte.
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Pft, asif. We all know stories like this always end happily ever after :D Anyways, SM would be silly to kill off the main character, therefore killing Edward in the process. It wouldnt make sense.

I can;t remember *looks embaressed*. Sorry. It'll come back to me :]
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)