Edward and Bella #1

stupid_lamb
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by stupid_lamb »

what's her name....that Irilse character gets burned for accidentally leaking lies to condemn the Cullens. I was so upset when she died even though she betrayed them!
That is a loss, not a personal loss for Bella and Edward though...But i still feel they definately had losses. It just so worked out Bella was born to this fate, she was so graceful and everything she wanted to be- as a vampire. I think that it was pure fate, that these "star crossed lovers" were to meet, and i for one are pleased of their happily ever after (but i would have liked a longer more secure ending- the volturi will return one day and the human friends will die, and what about Jacob and Nessie?? What happens when she is mature? Do they get married?)
Yeh....stuff like that.
But i kind of don't really see the depth of love in them, but Edward is very proper and romantic and hell i'll read these books just to hear him talk! lol. I don't see too much purpose in their love, but i see that they need each other. It is hard to see if because they are opposites, she is clumsy and needs him for protection, he needs her for love and faith in himself which he doesn't even have. But together they do work!
Ohh and the part where she shows him her thoughts and then HE is the one who couldn't control himself!!! HAHAHA!
Awesome!
Edward Cullen- "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Isabella Swan- "What a stupid lamb"
-Team Seth!
Plz check out my fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4571204/1/E ... y_Together
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

stupid_lamb wrote:what's her name....that Irilse character gets burned for accidentally leaking lies to condemn the Cullens. I was so upset when she died even though she betrayed them!
That is a loss, not a personal loss for Bella and Edward though...But i still feel they definately had losses. It just so worked out Bella was born to this fate, she was so graceful and everything she wanted to be- as a vampire. I think that it was pure fate, that these "star crossed lovers" were to meet, and i for one are pleased of their happily ever after (but i would have liked a longer more secure ending- the volturi will return one day and the human friends will die, and what about Jacob and Nessie?? What happens when she is mature? Do they get married?)
Yeh....stuff like that.
But i kind of don't really see the depth of love in them, but Edward is very proper and romantic and hell i'll read these books just to hear him talk! lol. I don't see too much purpose in their love, but i see that they need each other. It is hard to see if because they are opposites, she is clumsy and needs him for protection, he needs her for love and faith in himself which he doesn't even have. But together they do work!
Ohh and the part where she shows him her thoughts and then HE is the one who couldn't control himself!!! HAHAHA!
Awesome!
I don't think Irina counts. She was made antagonistic before she dies and I didn't really like her in the first place. Bella and Edward weren't her biggest fans either so it was almost a waste of death. (It showed the Volturi was evil so I guess waste is not the right word) It did hurt in a way because she didn't know she was wrong, but in all honesty that was the least of Bella and Edward's worried.

Any loss or strife the couple faced was met with and equal and sometimes bigger gain.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
jenny_devil
Settled in Forks

Post by jenny_devil »

Bella and Edward are so perfect for one another! There realtionship in the previous books are so sweet, romantic and tamed. In BD they are let loose and are put to the next level. I kind of missed the sweet romance between them and now all they do is the physical stuff lol... but i still love them together. I thought the ending was just so perfect that they are equals, and that edward could see how bella really feels. I know that there wasn't a big loss or sacrifice but im a sucker for a happy ending :P
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

I agree that they deserved it. Instead of making their love story light and easy, SM really portrays the difficulties of a relationship(just slightly different because one is a vamp and the other human, which has a whole other set of problems). They didn't just struggle through one thing to be together, they struggled through Lots! People should have noticed how hard it was for them and see that no matter the danger, they never wanted to part. Well deserved happy ending. period.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

YourFavoriteAries wrote: Their relationship is strong, and they did work for it, but I'm not completely ok with the fact that they got IT ALL.
thats weird, because i was completely ok with them getting it all. thats what i wanted. i wanted the absolute happy ending. its a story, and like i said before, they deserved it all. they worked hard to get everything they have, and thats what i wanted-them to have everything. i don't know why, but i became so attached to these characters, and i wanted there life to end up perfect. there are still complications, (jacob becoming bellas son, the volturi, etc) but they got the bulk of a very pleasant ending, and i loved it.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
YourFavoriteAries wrote: Their relationship is strong, and they did work for it, but I'm not completely ok with the fact that they got IT ALL.
thats weird, because i was completely ok with them getting it all. thats what i wanted. i wanted the absolute happy ending. its a story, and like i said before, they deserved it all. they worked hard to get everything they have, and thats what i wanted-them to have everything. i don't know why, but i became so attached to these characters, and i wanted there life to end up perfect. there are still complications, (jacob becoming bellas son, the volturi, etc) but they got the bulk of a very pleasant ending, and i loved it.
I know it's just a story but in life not everything works out like we want it to.
I can't even think of a time when they had to go to "Plan B".

There is always happy, then a problem, then they fix it, and everything is happy again.
To me, it's not really real. It's not real if everything just goes back to being amazing again.

I know this, cause I've been there. I've been there when everything is falling apart and you have no clue what to do and you're going crazy and then....It all works out. In a way how you felt before just doesn't matter. Usually, I laugh at myself for freaking out in the first place.

And I've been there when everything is, and does fall completely to the ground. There is no fixing it, there is no going back it's over. So what do you do? Move on. Get over it, get back to your life and eventually everything is as ok as it can be. You still regret not being able to fix or change what happen but you can't so you just have to let it go.

It's not fair that Bella and Edward didn't have any of the second scenario. The biggest down in their life, when they separated, was fixed so easily. Bella herself says "Not like it was healed, but as if the hole had never been there in the first place." They got back together, and everything was fine and dandy. Well then she was in love with Jake, but wait! That's fine to cause he imprints on Nessi.

The story always had an underlying...realness to it. They were always battling in the other books. Constantly battling and there was always some...strife to conquer. The big plot worked out but there were other issues there. In BD I just felt mad that all of a sudden they didn't have to, and it seems never will have to, sacrifice anything. The only thing left is the Volturi and from the looks of it they aren't that big of a threat.

So why exactly can everything in Bella and Edward's world work out when no one else's life is that simple?
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

because its a book.

if it were real life, we all know things wouldn't have turned out so great. other things would have happened to make it more complicated. but you know what, in make-believe land, you can do whatever you want. there can be problems that get resolved with the snap of a finger. thats just how it works. its fictional, and i accept that. i guess i just don't think of things quite as literal as you do. ;)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
yypark
Settled in Forks

Post by yypark »

YourFavoriteAries wrote: So why exactly can everything in Bella and Edward's world work out when no one else's life is that simple?
To me, Twilight is a book for escapism. I loved getting embroiled in their romance and the trials/tribulations that followed from that romance. The fact that they didn't lose anything really substantial just added to their story for me. Do I think it was tied up very neatly? Yes I do. Do I believe this happens in real life? Of course not. That's why fiction is fantastic! I enjoyed the fact that Bella and Edward got it all. If I want to read a "realistic" book I'll go and pick up the Kite Runner or anything by Tolstoy (nothing good ever happens with him!)
F-16
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by F-16 »

yypark wrote:
YourFavoriteAries wrote: If I want to read a "realistic" book I'll go and pick up the Kite Runner or anything by Tolstoy (nothing good ever happens with him!)
Hahah, so true.

But i agree with YourFavoriteAries, I didn't think the ending in BD fit with the rest of the series.
That is not to say that I hate the book, it was just such a departure from everything that came before.
Bella and Edward being together, that was what the books were about to me, and in BD there was HARDLY any conversation between the two of them. Which I can understand to an extent because a third of the book was from Jacob's perspective, and another third involved Bella's transformation, but at least in the first part of the book I expected there to be more Bella/Edward moments, the essence of their relationship.

The whole point of their relationship is that it's forbidden. And the only way that they can be together is for Bella to give up her humanity. But in the end, what did she give up? She got to keep Jake (albeit not in the way she would have wanted, but he's part of the family now), Edward got her Renesmee (he said at the beginning of BD that he hated to take the experience of having children away from her, but in the end, they had their half human half vamp baby), things with Charlie were more or less resolved (in that, she was able to see him, with the convenient excuse that he not ask any questions), and Bella's transformation into a vampire is so smooth, she's able to control her thirst.

I'm very glad they got their happily ever after, I loved the ending when she was able to share her feelings with him, which I thought was really monumental considering that he's been trying to pick her brain since he first met her, and finally after they've been through so much, and she's become his equal, it's possible for him to see into her mind. I loved that part. To bits.

But I just wish that the theme that had been carried out through the other 3 books could have remained. The whole concept of their relationship, and the fact that it's forbidden was lost, because nothing was a problem anymore, and the scary Volturi went home at the end too.

When people say that it's fiction and it's good that it has a perfectly happy ending, I understand that, and I also like happy endings, BUT if the whole series had been like that, without being rooted in realism, then I think that BD would have been better for me since it didn't have that feeling of reality to it.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Love wrote:Bella and Edward have a wonderful relationship together.
In most parts of Breaking Dawn, it seems their thoughts are perfectly synced with each other.

After the marriage, Bella becomes a whole lot braver in my eyes when she is with Edward. After the difficulties with the pregnancy, and the Volturi, everything is perfect.

I love their happily ever after. I think they deserved it after all the trouble they had been through to get there.
I agree! Much braver when she's with Edward! They both made sacrifices for each other. I mean, Edward risked his Clan, an Bella risked..well.her life and everything in it...even Charlie. I think they're great together all-in-all. A perfect couple.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett