Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by mandustries »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:At this point, I'm probably going to make my own stuff.

I don't want any Bella, Edward, or Jacob only stuff. I like the full cast shirt, but I don't know I'd have to see how well it fits me.

I think there may be some James stuff coming soon since there is a James computer wallpaper on the movie site....I'll THINK about that.

I really hope they expand to all the Cullens though. Even if it's by couples, I'd buy and Alice/Jasper shirt in a heartbeat (no pun intended) obviously...
:lol:
Making stuff is totally the way to go. :)

I'm thinking, YourFavoriteAries, that if they expand at all it won't be until the next movies (if they're made). I see this movie as focusing more on Edward, Bella and I guess James, than on the whole Cullen dynamic. Which stinks, because I too would love some Alice/Jasper goodies. :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

hmm well my calendar turned this morning literally 10 mins before i went to work, so i got to open it and look at it- nearly made myself late though lol, i made my self a few T-shirts cos i cant find them over here, in the UK, i might order some stuff from the US though because i really want proper merch
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

If they made Twilight character plushies, I would totally buy them! XD
I haven't gotten any Twilight merchandise yet, though! The only way I could get stuff is probably online, and my mom wouldn't let me. I haven't seen any merchandise in stores, and the Hottopic t-shirts only get shipped to the states, and I live in Canada! :(
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

i was on th hottopic website the other day to see if they just sell in the USA and it said they shoot internationally as well, so you should be able to get something sent to you if your only in canada
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

mandustries wrote:
YourFavoriteAries wrote:At this point, I'm probably going to make my own stuff.

I don't want any Bella, Edward, or Jacob only stuff. I like the full cast shirt, but I don't know I'd have to see how well it fits me.

I think there may be some James stuff coming soon since there is a James computer wallpaper on the movie site....I'll THINK about that.

I really hope they expand to all the Cullens though. Even if it's by couples, I'd buy and Alice/Jasper shirt in a heartbeat (no pun intended) obviously...
Making stuff is totally the way to go. :)

I'm thinking, YourFavoriteAries, that if they expand at all it won't be until the next movies (if they're made). I see this movie as focusing more on Edward, Bella and I guess James, than on the whole Cullen dynamic. Which stinks, because I too would love some Alice/Jasper goodies. :)
Yeah, I completely understand this. This is one of the reasons why, in my personal opinion, I don't think there should be any Team Edward/Jacob stuff out. Jacob has....3 scenes in Twilight? Not nearly as many as any of the other Cullen's acctually. Even Emmet who, to my knowledge has the smallest part out of the bunch. And there is nothing about this choosing or team business yet.

He's not big until New Moon so....He should wait till New Moon.
*dodges Jacob Fangirls*

EDIT: I think 4 scenes, I forgot prom.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I was thinking the same thing. :lol: I know they want to have stuff for Jacob fans but they could have character shirts without doing the whole "team" thing. That doesn't come into play until the next book. Ah well. It is called Show Business, after all. :roll: I think they need to make more stuff, though. I'm sure they will as the movie gets closer but I don't think they quite understand how rabid Twilight fans are and how we would totally buy whatever right now!
bella71
Settled in Forks

Post by bella71 »

I am hoping to find twilight hoodies somewhere I would love to wear it ...
CherylImage
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

vegasn8ive wrote:I was thinking the same thing. :lol: I know they want to have stuff for Jacob fans but they could have character shirts without doing the whole "team" thing. That doesn't come into play until the next book. Ah well. It is called Show Business, after all. :roll: I think they need to make more stuff, though. I'm sure they will as the movie gets closer but I don't think they quite understand how rabid Twilight fans are and how we would totally buy whatever right now!
haha! that's great "how rabid twilight fans are!"
It's SO true though!!!
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

twilighter1193 wrote:
vegasn8ive wrote:I was thinking the same thing. :lol: I know they want to have stuff for Jacob fans but they could have character shirts without doing the whole "team" thing. That doesn't come into play until the next book. Ah well. It is called Show Business, after all. :roll: I think they need to make more stuff, though. I'm sure they will as the movie gets closer but I don't think they quite understand how rabid Twilight fans are and how we would totally buy whatever right now!
It's SO true though!!!
I definitely agree with both of you. The necessity for merch, in my opinion, is why the Cullen Crest came into being. I mean, there wasn't too much to draw from, merch-wise, in the books. In books like Harry Potter, there is a ton of stuff to make to sell: wands, house gear, fake HP glasses, stuffies of the various mythical creatures, the list goes on. With Twilight, it's much more set in the real world, so there's not as much to pull out of the stories.

Perhaps we'll see a werewolf stuffie in the future? ;)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

mandustries wrote:
twilighter1193 wrote:
It's SO true though!!!
I definitely agree with both of you. The necessity for merch, in my opinion, is why the Cullen Crest came into being. I mean, there wasn't too much to draw from, merch-wise, in the books. In books like Harry Potter, there is a ton of stuff to make to sell: wands, house gear, fake HP glasses, stuffies of the various mythical creatures, the list goes on. With Twilight, it's much more set in the real world, so there's not as much to pull out of the stories.

Perhaps we'll see a werewolf stuffie in the future? ;)
However they are not selling the Cullen Crest.
See...I don't understand.

I know it's all business and I know they make money off of the Team stuff but the way I see it their marketing team is kinda made of fail. I like the HP example but Imma change it a bit. It might seem smart to make only Gryffindor stuff because the main characters are Gryffindor but No....they make merchandise for all the houses cause it makes more money. Those that do not like Gryffindor or don't feel they are Gryffindor will not buy Gryffindor stuff. Just like me, not relating to Bella at all and not particularly being in love with Jake and Edward will not buy their fan shirts. If they made other shirts, that I liked I'd buy them! Thus more money in their pockets. (And they are charging 22 bucks for a shirt that probably cost 8 to make so they get a profit even if I'm the only person to buy it :lol: )

So yes, Bella, Edward, and Jacob might be the most popular characters but it's just dumb to neglect the other Cullens. The key is make more of the Bella, Edward, Jacob stuff until you get an idea of how the other characters will sell. I could probably rank how popular they all are right now...

Alice
Carlisle
Jasper/Emmet (These two I think are pretty equal)
Rose
Esme

Yes that looks right to me. They should start with that.

They should make venom pops!
XD

And life size dolls. Yes, I would buy a life size Rob...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet