Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I know I recommended it, but I didn't know you'd read it already. Last I heard you were reading TTW. I'm behind on the Una news. I will get to reading Ashes this week. When I'm finsihed, I will announce it and when everyone's ready, we can discuss it. Sound good?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sounds great! Behind on Una news? That must be a failure on my part! Sorry! I thought I did share you to about my absolute breakdown when I finished TTW and how my hubby thought I was seriously damaged. :lol: Men just don't understand the need/power of a really good cry. Course, it was nice to have him baby me the rest of the evening. :twisted:

Sounds great, I hope to get the book soon. According to the library website (I just checked my account) they are still "ordering" it. Three libraries are getting it and I'm in waiting stall 8. Hopefully I will have it in a month. Grr...I hate the waiting.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:I will get to reading Ashes this week. When I'm finsihed, I will announce it and when everyone's ready, we can discuss it. Sound good?
Get on it would ya?!? ;)

I asked for a pre-order of City of Glass for my birthday. :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Ok OK..bossy much, Nima. Sheesh. I guess I can't read it if I'm forever on Lex or chat. Perhaps I will wait until my Twin gets it, so we can read it together. Awww.

I am excited about it. I really like this series.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

I've read City of Bones and really want to get my hands on City of Ashes, but it seems like everytime I go to a bookstore I can't seem to find a copy. Grrr. I don't really know what is going to go on with Clary and Jace being brother and sister...I want them to be together! And I want Simon for myself. :D
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ashes is better than Bones. I didn't predict the relationships in Bones and I love to be surprised. I'm really looking forward to City of Glass.
Banner by Fry
BettingOnAlicexX
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BettingOnAlicexX »

I LOVE this series!!
It is so frickin awesome!
I cant wait for the next book...Im so excited.
I used to be MyLifeAddictionEdward
Banner By Mayde
Oli Sykes is LOVE
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Cassandra Clare: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by Twilight<3 »

I really love authors like Cassandra Clare (by the way, it's spelled Clare not Claire in the topic title) because they don't go the way fans are expecting. They go the way the story calls for. So while everyone is all hoping Jace and Clary gets together, Cassandra Clare goes and makes them siblings, supposedly. There are just so many twists in the book, which I love. This is definitely one of my top series, I probably like it even more than Twilight. However, the thing I don't like the series, is the second time you read it, it's not that great. I tried to start reading City of Ashes and it was just kind of boring for me.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Twilight<3 wrote:This is definitely one of my top series, I probably like it even more than Twilight.
That's some kind of blasphemy, isn't it? Punishable by caning or flogging or stoning???

My only real criticism of the "city" books is because I'm an adult and the characters are teens. Too many times, especially in the first book, Clarey gets overwhelmed, throws up her hands and walks out of the room during important explanative conversations. It seems a lame way for the author to hold back information.

Character: Clarey. Author: Clare. Coincidence? I think not.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

nissanmama wrote:Character: Clarey. Author: Clare. Coincidence? I think not.
I had the SAME thought when I was reading Bones. Also, as an adult reading, I found it a tad disturbing, there are several moments when Clarey should have acted and didn't. For as intelligent and strong-willed as she is, sometimes she struck me as incredibly unobservant and dense. Moments when it clicked for me as a reader and it went over her head, moment where I would have sprung to action and she just froze. Now, I can assume this is because as an adult, I have more life experience and would act. But occasionally it did frustrate me but I chalk it up to her youth. However it is still a great story (with good twists), but not better than Twilight for me.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!