A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Re: Epilogue ~ Treaty

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?
No, Edward and Bella's connection is too strong to let a little time apart make it awkward between them.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?
I hoped that Bella and Edward would eventually marry, and that he would eventually bite her so that they could be together forever. I also hoped that he and Jacob could somehow stay friends through all this and if she became a vampire. (when I first considered this at the end of NM I knew that this was very idealistic so I was very happy when everything worked out at the end of BD).

3. What did you think about Jacob giving Charlie Bella's motorcycle?

I was so angry that he did that to Bella, but I also understood why he did it.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
I kind of saw this coming so I wasn't too surprised about it. I was still upset though that the treaty said bite and not just kill.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?
No I was extremely happy and I expected it to be the same for the most part.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?
No I thought it was fine and I thought they should stay like they are and hoped they could get along one day.

Oh I was soo pissed at him for doing that. I didn't think that was right. At least he apologizes later.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
I wish the treaty wouldn't say bite and it would have said kill. In his eyes both are bad. But in Bella's situation first of all there really wan't a choice and second, she wanted it and it wasn't like they were doing it for bad reasons and would not do it to anyone else, unless of death or whatever the circumstances near death blah blah blah. He really pissed me off at the end of the book.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
FoundMyEdward0510
Settled in Forks

Post by FoundMyEdward0510 »

I wasn't suprised at all. They're not just dating, they're friends. So it made sense that things went right back to normal.

I think for Bella it is her safest option to be with both. :lol: I'm not sure how it can be resolved. Maybe they can accept her being friends with both. I was hoping Jacob wouldn't be such a jerk honestly. I mean, I understand he is hurt, but she wants to be his friend too. I was hoping things might mellow out, but of course there would be no Eclipse if things were that easy ;)

That was SOOO MESSED UP!!!! I get he wanted to protect her, but JAcob knew Edward saved her life many times. Jacob should have accepted that even though Edward's a "bloodsucker", he will protect Bella. And even if that's not the case, he knew Bella loved Edward. He should have respected her and backed off.

He thought Edward would try to change her without her approval. I think when she said it's none of his business, it clicked that Bella wants to turn into a vamp too.
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

No not really surprised..because i knew Bella couldnt hold a hateful grudge against Edward for leaving her..especially when he said he would never leave her again..and explained the torture he went through..even identifying with her pain.

ok..so 1st off i know how it feels to be abandoned by someone you feel u can never live without..im still personally dealing with it..so i wanted Bella to continue with her thoughts of Jacob as a romantic possibility,because he was new and loved her.I also half expected some all out battle between Jake and Edward lol...but hey Stephanie Meyer is all about increasing the peace and having everything be mental battles which i also love lol

that was straight up and down bish-arseness lol

That he knew what Bella would do in order to stay with Edward forever..and all required was for him or any of the Cullens to bite her to make her immortal to break the treaty
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?

1)Yes & no. We are talking about Bella and Edward here. These two have and need to be together.

2)a. Possibly. b.It could not be resolved, at least not on Jacob's part. c. That there could be peace between all three and Jacob to let it go.

3)That he was a jerk!!

4)The point was that this treaty was very specific in its entirety. NO BITING - for food or transformation; nothing. Jacob was reminding Edward that if he thinks he can have Bella - forever, he had another thing coming.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-No, I knew once Edward came back things would be the way they used to be.

-Yeah, I thought Bella was being a little dumb with being friends with a werewolf and dating a vampire, it's not how its suppose to be. At the same time, I had nooo idea how that would be resolved, I knew it would get worse before it would get better.

-It was so mean ! If he really did love Bella like he said he did, he wouldn't of wanted to get her in trouble, no matter what the reason.

-Jacob was trying to remind Edward exactly what the treaty entails; no killing for food, and no biting to change mortal people into vampires. Jake was just making sure Edward wasn't going to forget that.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I didn't expect anything less. The Cullens have always found it easy to just slid in and out of the picture. Besides, things just weren't right for Bella without Edward around, so now with him her, things just sort of fell back into place like their supposed to be.

I was hoping that Edward would allow even just the tiniest bit of friendship between Jake and Bella, but I knew that it was not going to happen in a million years. I thought that Jake would try has hard as he could to be friends with Bella again, but I never thought that it would work.

I was furious with him. Bella and him used to be best friends and that there just killed it. But I could see where he was coming from. He was angry and wanted to do something to get Bella in trouble.

It got me upset because I knew Jake meant that Bella couldn't become a vampire without starting a war between the Cullens and the pack. I was trying to find a loophole, but the treaty was plan and simple and there was no way getting out of it.
Alani
Settled in Forks

Post by Alani »

Things don't really go back to "normal" - Bella was changed in the small part of her that loves Jacob and the loss of Edward; while Edward was changed by the pain of "losing" Bella - now knowing that he must be with her, fight for it, work for it; the indecisiveness and conflicting desire to save her for/from himself is gone. They have reached a new level in their relationship.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book? She isn't "playing a game" - Jacob brought her back from the edge of the abyss and helped her to survive. The book is also quite clear about imprinting and soul mates - it is always obvious that Jacob may love Bella, but he never imprinted on her; likewise, Bella is saved by her relationship with Jacob, but Edward was, is and always will be her other half. She is incomplete without him. Therefore, the resolution is obvious, if not exactly as expected. Renesmee was a bit of a plot twist :)

It was understandable, if somewhat immature. Agreed that a phone call would have been a simple solution, but who thinks rationally when they are so upset/emotionally vested? Was he trying to let Charlie know that there are things about Bella that he needs to be aware of in order to keep her safe?

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making? It's a fine distinction that makes the repercussions of both Bella's and Edward's choices more dangerous.
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

I don't think it's that easy...Edward needs quite some time to convince Bella that he really loves her and that she's not dreaming. And I'm kinda glad that she has this epiphany to convince her. Were it not for that, the process would probably take a longer time.

yeah, cos they're mortal enemies. and i believe it could be worse.

He's a jerk for doing that but at the same time i can't blame him. Bella has been playing with his feelings...giving him hopes whenever she feels he's going to leave her but push him away immediately when she doesn't need him (read: when Edward is back). No wonder he feels cheated and angry.

it sure makes everything more complicated.
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- i was kinda hoping for a bigger reunion, but it turned out fine.

2-definetly, i would have just dropped jacob, so annoying. i think that the way it was aresolved, was the way i wouldve done it too.i hoped that edward and jacob would stay away from eachother, and that bella would be happy.

3- i got really mad at him and was just ticked off that jacob would do something like that.

4-i dont remember, i need to reread.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!