Twilight Saga Q&A

Cocoa

Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by Cocoa »

Have a question about the series? Confused about something inparticular?

Post your question here and be answered by other fans of the series.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Woohoo! First post. I actually posted this little question on another thread because I couldn't find anywhere else to put it..So here it is!! *Its not really a question so much as an observation..

This is random and kind of amusing if you think about it but, does anyone else think that the Cullens could be neat-freaks? I mean, sure they have all the time in the world to clean so thats easy..I was just looking at the trailer with Bella and Edward in the Volvo and they both reach for the radio. I was like, "Man his car is all nice and clean.." Then I got to thinking, I wonder if they clean throughout the night since they don't sleep at all. I know there was a cleaning crew at Isle Esme, but the prior books never mentioned the Cullens possibly having staff at their Forks home.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I think part of it is that Edward is OBSESSED with cars...so I can't imagine he would allow his *shiny volvo* to get dirty.
I also remember in BD Alice fidgeting with the flower vases...going to replace the flower cause it was a touch wilted...adjusting them to be in the center of the table...etc....so maybe it's Alice, needing to have perfection in all her decorations :) Plus it seems to help her concentrate when she's having her visions.
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

Thank you for this thread, Cocoa, that's exactly what I wanted :)

I agree about this question, I think it's not so much the cleaning, though I'm sure Esmee cleans the house regularly, as not letting anything get dirty in the first place. I mean, vampires don't have skin, so there won't be as much dust in the house. Spiders probably won't come in because they have instincts not to come near vampires (or are spider too small to have such instincts?). Mud won't come into the house or cars because they're too careful, and don't walk into mud when they can avoid it, I guess. They don't cook so the kitchen needened to be cleaned. And so on.

Okay, my questions:
---> Is it normal that human women who are pregnant with a vampire's baby love the baby more than anything else and can't not have it/let go of it? See Bella in Breaking Dawn, and what the sister Huilen says about Pire, Nahuel's mother, on page 735 paperback Breaking Dawn: "But she loved the child inside her. She called him Nahuel, after the jungle cat, when he grew strong and broke her bones-and she loved him still." So my point: do they love the children because the fathers are so beautiful etc.? Or is there some kind of magic, like Bella believes? Or is it a coinincidence that they both love their children so much?
---> What would Edward have done if Bella would have died? He said he wouldn't want to stay alive, but wouldn't he have taken care of Renesmee?
---> Why did Bella still have to go onto the toilet after drinking blood? Did Renesmee not take in all of it?
---> If the womb was like stone, how could Renesmee take in the blood? It means there'd have to be a hole somewhere. Well, why did Carlisle not do his tests there or at least talk about it? Or am I just too bad in Biology to understand this?
---> Did Stephenie ever say what then happens with Renée? Will Bella see her again, or will this stay a mistery unless Stephenie writes more books?
---> Did Stephenie say how come Mike and Jessica are together again? Or will this simply stay food for our fanfics?
---> If Bella would have stayed a human after the birth (yes, ok, unrealistic idea, but whatever), would she have had the capacity to breast-feed, although of course Renesmee doesn't need it and would have bitten Bella instead anyway?

Rock on :D
kpeery1
Settled in Forks

Post by kpeery1 »

I have a question about the play list for all the books.
Has Stephanie ever told us what pages these songs were for in the books?
Thanks
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I think that the love that Bella had for Renesmee was instinctive. It is the love that a mother has for her child, although I believe that it is stronger than any human love possible. Such as Edward's love for Bella.

My question is does anyone think that Jacob's "love" for Bella in the beginning of the series have to do with him imprinting on Renesmee? Did he really have those feelings for Bella or was there a stronger force in play that caused him to be in love with her and stay in her life even after she chose Edward?
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I think that the love that Bella had for Renesmee was instinctive. It is the love that a mother has for her child, although I believe that it is stronger than any human love possible. Such as Edward's love for Bella.

My question is does anyone think that Jacob's "love" for Bella in the beginning of the series have to do with him imprinting on Renesmee? Did he really have those feelings for Bella or was there a stronger force in play that caused him to be in love with her and stay in her life even after she chose Edward?
Thats funny when you think about it..Jacob imprinting on an egg in Bella's ovary.. :lol: I'm a dork..but yeah, that is a strong possibility, but I'm kind of iffy about it.

I really think that Jacob DID have real feelings for Bella. They spent a great deal of time together, especially when Edward left, so I think it was only natural for him to grow more affectionate and infatuated with her and then of course jealousy and anger when she is still madly in love with Edward when he temporary "kicked her to the curb" so to speak, and didn't fully return her affections towards Jacob..
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Is it normal that human women who are pregnant with a vampire's baby love the baby more than anything else and can't not have it/let go of it
Being a mom of 3 boys 4 and younger....I have to say it IS more of a mom thing then a vampire thing. Bella had faith it would work out in the end...and lemme tell you there are lots of women who go through dangerous pregnancies. Mom instinct totally!
What would Edward have done if Bella would have died? He said he wouldn't want to stay alive, but wouldn't he have taken care of Renesmee
I think SM would only know for sure...but my opinion is...he would have seen part of Bella in Nessie, that, and knowing bella would have wanted him to care for Nessie would have made him stay alive for her.
Why did Bella still have to go onto the toilet after drinking blood? Did Renesmee not take in all of it?
Again SM would know vampire biology more...but, It went into Bella's body...the baby absorbs the nutrients...whatever was left was waste. I look at it as drinking water...
If the womb was like stone, how could Renesmee take in the blood? It means there'd have to be a hole somewhere.
Hmmm...I'm sure, as with human babies, she was still able to absorb nutrients through the placenta...
Did Stephenie ever say what then happens with Renée?
I think at the end of Breaking Dawn they were going to keep her in the dark...She seems to like to be oblivious anyway so it seems...
Did Stephenie say how come Mike and Jessica are together again?
No she didnt give specifics that I can remember...it seems like an on again off again thing :)
If Bella would have stayed a human after the birth (yes, ok, unrealistic idea, but whatever), would she have had the capacity to breast-feed, although of course Renesmee doesn't need it and would have bitten Bella instead anyway?
Interesting! Wonder what SM would say! I know normal human breastmilk changes day to day depending on what the baby needs...would that include blood nutrients? And if so, wold Nessie even like it, or would she just crave blood?
I think he loved her in a human way...but I think they were thrown together for the greater purpose (nessie)

SO...my question

In BD it says that a theory is that the wolves imprint to those who would make better wolves....Is that why Jake imprinted on Nessie cause she was part vampire? Does that mean her "Pups" will be immune to vampire bites?
pennylainex3
Settled in Forks

Post by pennylainex3 »

in BD when edward changed bella.
how did he get his venom into the syringe?
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

pennylainex3 wrote:in BD when edward changed bella.
how did he get his venom into the syringe?
I wondered the same thing at the time...but I read a question put to Stephenie about vampire body fluid and she said, " They do sort of have saliva–the venom makes their mouths wet, at least."
I guess thats how they did it...a syringe full of Edward spit...???