General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Bella's Dreams

Post by E&BForever »

I looooved her dreames about Edward in Twilight!!!! :D loved the one scene in the movie when she had a seductive dream about her biting her! EEEEEEK!!!!
:D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

E&BForever wrote:I looooved her dreames about Edward in Twilight!!!! :D loved the one scene in the movie when she had a seductive dream about her biting her! EEEEEEK!!!!
Chantell
Yeah, that dream was pretty insane! I loved the part where Edward was in her room and she woke up and he was standing at the end of her bed. She sees him, doesn't know what's going on. Then she turns on her light and he's gone. I loved that part! :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
E&BForever wrote:I looooved her dreames about Edward in Twilight!!!! :D loved the one scene in the movie when she had a seductive dream about her biting her! EEEEEEK!!!!
Chantell
Yeah, that dream was pretty insane! I loved the part where Edward was in her room and she woke up and he was standing at the end of her bed. She sees him, doesn't know what's going on. Then she turns on her light and he's gone. I loved that part! :D
That's terrific! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

It bothered me that Bella had dreams about Edward and Jacob fighting in their supernatural forms before she knew they were a vampire and a werewolf. Well that wasn't the part that bothered me, it was the fact that I really thought that eventually Edward and Jacob were going to have a reall fight over Bella. Throughout the books the tension grows between them and yet it doesn't occur. I definately would not want them to fight but after the foreshadowing dream it was kind of disappointing. I wonder who would really win...
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

^^^^^ You know, I thought the same thing!! I thought it would come down to a fight between them for Bella. When I read the chapter titles in "Eclipse," and came to "Fire and Ice," I thought, "This is it- the big fight between Edward and Jacob." How wrong I was; and how glad how wrong I was!! :D
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

I agree...I was sure that fight was coming but I am so glad it didn't! I don't think my heart could have taken it! haha

After reading the series again, I am really disappointed that Bella's dreams were never really explained--it does seem like they were more significant than made out to be...did SM ever address it?

I'm sorry if someone has asked this already!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

she has way to many nightmares alot its kind of scary
jettabugfox
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jettabugfox »

I was reading New Moon again yesterday and stopped right after Edward left Bella in the woods (depressing, I know). I was just reading Twilight today (left New Moon at school, and we had a snow day), and I am at the part (page 68) where she is describing her first dream of Edward. The dream reminded me of Edward leaving her...

"In my dream it was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Edward's skin. I couldn't see his face, just his back as he walked away from me, leaving me in the blackness. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up to him; no matter how loud I called, he never turned. ... After that, he was in my dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery, never within reach."

Some people have commented that some of Bella's dreams have seemed almost precognitive. I think this one is especially so, and it introduces us to the vividness of Bella's dreams. I was just so struck by the similarity of the two scenes in the book - one a dream, the other reality - from two different books. There wouldn't have been any "foreshadowing" on SM's part, as she has said when she finished Twilight, she had no intention of Edward leaving. So is this just coincidence?
Don't compromise yourself. You are all that you've got. - Janis Joplin
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

jettabugfox wrote:I was reading New Moon again yesterday and stopped right after Edward left Bella in the woods (depressing, I know). I was just reading Twilight today (left New Moon at school, and we had a snow day), and I am at the part (page 68) where she is describing her first dream of Edward. The dream reminded me of Edward leaving her...

"In my dream it was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Edward's skin. I couldn't see his face, just his back as he walked away from me, leaving me in the blackness. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up to him; no matter how loud I called, he never turned. ... After that, he was in my dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery, never within reach."

Some people have commented that some of Bella's dreams have seemed almost precognitive. I think this one is especially so, and it introduces us to the vividness of Bella's dreams. I was just so struck by the similarity of the two scenes in the book - one a dream, the other reality - from two different books. There wouldn't have been any "foreshadowing" on SM's part, as she has said when she finished Twilight, she had no intention of Edward leaving. So is this just coincidence?
I just have too hard of a time accepting that her dreams are not precognitive...there is just too much overlapping between her dreams and what happens to her

I don't think that she could ever use her dreams to see the future like Alice, but I wonder if it has anything to do with her shielding abilities..she just seems extremely mentally powerful

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
slightly_torn_page
Settled in Forks

Post by slightly_torn_page »

I, too, believe her dreams were somewhat precognitive. I also was waiting for a "fight" between Edward and Jacob resulting from her dream. After thinking about it though, perhaps her dream didn't signal a physical fight as much as it did a mental or emotional one. Edward and Jacob definitely were at odds with eachother, even if it wasn't physical. She had that dream numerous times, and wasn't she always in the middle of them or trying to protect Edward? I don't have a book in front of me now...

Also, after Edward left in NM (and throughout) Bella had screaming nightmares. This was such a huge focus on the book, frequently being revisited.

For as detailed as SM was, I am surprised she didn't address this or at least blog about it later after questions arose. There definitely seems to be more to it.