Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I figured that he went to hunt, I just didn't know what but I had a pretty good idea from what Charlie said Bears.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I knew from the first day of school that she didn't like Bella, it was really rude of her to do that but what can I say I knew a couple of Lauren's in my time at school and the best thing to do is to ignore them. Otherwise they'll make you misserable.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked Jacob, I knew that he was interested in Bella right away, but he was just another unlucky guy to fall for someone that wasn't interesten in anyone else.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Because he thought that they were just stories not based on anything real. Plus I think that he thought that believeing them would make him sound crazy.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
No I didn't I didn't focus on that part at all so was very surprised when they did. Although it makes sense if one piece of the legend is true then all of it should be.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
Yes, I thought he was lying to Bella and that he was going to be doing something else.

I didn't like how openly mean she was--although I figured she was just jealous of Bella's popularity.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I thought he was just going to be a side character, some one who gave Bella answers. I figured he was going to fall for her, especially since she was flirting with him and leading him on to get what she wanted.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I'm not sure. Obviously if he had believed the legends then he would not have been able to tell Bella about them, so I think that Meyer made him unwilling to believe--if that makes sense.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
No not really. I totally didn't expect Jacob to become one.
twilightaholic1216
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightaholic1216 »

I thought that his family was different in a way, and that they had something to hide. But I also wondered why he would go there, if it was dangerous.

I didn't like any character in the story that didn't like bella (except for Rosalie). But I figured that Lauren was just jealous of the fact that so many boys liked Bella.

My first impression of Jacob Black (even though it changed later on in the story) was that he was an ordinary guy, nice smart, and funny. I didn't think much of him. But yes, I figured that he liked Bella more than a friend from the first moment he talked to her.

Because he hasn't seen or been around the cullens to see how inhuman they acted.

Yes, and I thought that Jacob would be a warewolf.
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Post by biteme21 »

haha, well when Charlie said that it was dangerous to camp because of the bears, i wasnt really suprised. I had a feeling that they were "hunting".

Honestly, Lauren was a friggen ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch. i hated her. she was so rude and horrible to Bella.

well, I realllly liked Jacob Black. He was soo cute and so nice to Bella. and obviously in love with her. But he was such a innocent genuine person. i liked him a lot :)

Jacob didnt believe in the legends as readily because Bella already had the suspicion that Edward was something more than human and she knew that they were true. Jacob didnt believe because he didnt have any inclanation that Bella was taking it seriously and he had heard the stories so many times that he didnt believe them and didnt have a reason to suspect them.

I did. when jacob was talking about his people descending from wolves and talking about the men who changed into wolves, i kind of had a suspicion that they were going to be part of the future books. when i was reading new moon i thought "oh wow vampires and werewolves how cliche" but the way Stephanie Meyer explained it was so unique.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I just assumed he was doing something dangerous.

I didn't like Lauren and I thought she had no right to act that way. Ugh.

I liked Jacob at first, and I thought they could be good friends. I saw that he was more interested in Bella than she was in him, but I didn't really think anything about it.

I think he just thought they were myths. Hw often to old legends really come true in reality? So I think his character was more naive really than anything (for the story at least).

I didn't think anything about it to be honest. I just thought they were trying to give more legends to kind of accompany the ideas of the cold ones.
Last edited by natterss707 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Once again, in the beginning of Twilight, Edward was just a big mistery. I didn't know what to think at first!

"If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!" XD
Thats how I felt. I just hate it when people are judgmental, if you see someone as a threat, address them, don't be mean!

I thought, "AWWWWWWWWWW, he is cute!" I liked him a lot, I just thought he liked Bella as a girlyfriend, rather than just a friend. Which was cute, seeing as how Bella was older than him...still is!

I think people don't believe stuff, until they have reason to believe, generally speaking...and part of it probably had to do with the fact that he was young..he was probably thinking "Who cares?!"

Honestly, no! I expected something else, but not werewolves.
ImageImage
E<3B
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? When he said that I sort of knew that Edward wasn't camping.. it was sort of obvious after that lol No clue WHAT he was doing tho.. something not good or dangerous.

I thought it was quite typical of high school.. people are going to be like that no matter where you go.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I liked him at first.. until I started to realize that he was getting a thing for Bella.. then I didnt like him, because I liked Edward more. :0

Im guessing that Jacob grew up with it... and assmued they were urban legends because his people
"hid it " so well... Thats what I would be like too..

I DIDNT! I knew it was abook about vampires.. but not werewolves! That was crazy!! But in a good way.. it put a fun unexpected twist in things! :D
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i'm not really sure what i thought then, i cant remeber haha.

-ugh, it really made me hate lauren. i wanted to like sew her mouth shut hha.

-in twilight i did like jacob, althought i knew he had like a little crush on her.

-jacob never had a reason to believe the legends. he hadnt seen a "cold one" before, so he thought all the stories were just myths. bella, on the other hand, had expirenced and seen exactly what jacob was discribing, so she knew right away the stories were true.

-no. actually, i kinda forgot all about them haha.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Edward and his family are vampires. I didn't wasn't really concerned about where they were, even if it was with the grizzlies. I was more concerned about why they were up there. And for that question, I had no answer.

I just thought that Lauren was being an unfair jerk and that she was jealous of Bella. But other than that, I never gave Lauren much more thought.

I thought he was a really sweet kid with a fun-loving personality. Of course, I liked him right away. And, YES! He definately was attracted to Bella. But, then again, what guy wasn't?

Just think about it. If your father told you some crazy story that was trying to convince you that your tribe was related to wolves and that the town's local family was vampires, would you believe him? And, besides, Bella has completely obsessed over Edward and his secret. Jake hasn't even met one Cullen.

Yes! And I was very excited about it.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

Since we already knew that he was a vampire it seemed kind of obvious to me.

It seemed like typical high school pettiness to me.

I didn't think much of him at the time because he was such a small character and I didn't realize that he would become so important.

Because unlike Bella he has not seen "out of this world" things as Bella has seen with Edward.

No I didn't it totally went over my head.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun