Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Billy Burke as Charlie Swan

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I thought Charlie was one of the highlights of the movie! He got played up because MR has such a soft spot for him. And he provided some great relief. Definitely better looking than "real Charlie" but I wont begrudge Summit that. I thought it was real obvious that Charlie loves and cares for Bella: getting her the new tires, running over when she slips out front of the house, the mace, eating the cobbler every Thursday night because it was Bella's favorite...In the book I never particularly felt heart-wrenched when Bella leaves to escape to Phoenix but in hte movie I was cringing and saying "Nooo. You can't hurt Charlie!!"
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Cymbrelynn wrote:I thought Charlie was one of the highlights of the movie! He got played up because MR has such a soft spot for him. And he provided some great relief. Definitely better looking than "real Charlie" but I wont begrudge Summit that. I thought it was real obvious that Charlie loves and cares for Bella: getting her the new tires, running over when she slips out front of the house, the mace, eating the cobbler every Thursday night because it was Bella's favorite...In the book I never particularly felt heart-wrenched when Bella leaves to escape to Phoenix but in hte movie I was cringing and saying "Nooo. You can't hurt Charlie!!"
RIGHT! Movie Charlie is so much better to book Charlie for me. I wasn't heart wrenched either in the books, but seeing the movie it was painful to watch! I thought the same thing. Poor Charlie.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

I LOVED HIM! Really, the perfect Charlie. When he was casted, I was like "WTH? Who is this guy?" but He was awsome... very funny and awkward. I cracked out with he was with the gun and said "Bring him in." :lol:
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

He doesn't fit what I imagined him. I think he looks too severe, he doesn't have crinkles around his eyes.

Still, to every cloud, there is a silver lining, and the silver lining is that he is very funny and perfect at playing the over-protective dad. Can't wait for the 'Charlie-esque fits'
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

he's too cute to be charlie..
well i think he needs to be equally attractive (human level ) as carlisle (vamp level)

and i really find him funny on the shot gun and pepper spray scenes.. :lol:

and he really looked hurt when bella left.. :(
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

Yeah Billy Burke was really funny. But I just dont like him as Charlie isnt Charlie kind of short and plump? The gun and pepper spray stuff was great but ehhh. Didnt Bella get her clumsyness from Charlie? I think Billy Burke was a bit to... comfortable.
Image Image
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Billy's "da bomb" he's just as "down with the kids" as Gil. Loved 'em. And he sports a bit of a beer belly, a start of a lil' kegger there. And the police issue mustache.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Haha. I loved Billy Burke. He was great. I really can't wait to see him in Breaking Dawn when he gets all smug, thinking Renee won't approve of the marriage so Bella will HAVE to hold it off.

I had a problem with him being too cute, too, but... He's perfect... :3 Which is why I'm glad TST is doing their "Belt It Out For Billy" campaign. He'll see 15 seconds of my face, which will lead to him wanting to know my name, which will lead to me getting signed on a record label, which will lead to me getting money, which will lead to donating and... OH, sorry. FANTASY WORLD THERE!

I was also really pleased with how dedicated he was to the role. He took the time to think about the character beyond what was on the page, saying how he felt like Charlie would want to come home and get out of his clothes as quickly as possible. He was really dedicated to the part that Charlie played.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

Billy Burke did a pretty good job as Charlie. In some ways I liked him more in the movie than what I did in the book. He says some funny things. I like the part were he is cleaning his gun and says to Bella to "bring him in". Alot of people in the cinema laughed at that part.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I was watching Untraceable the other day and even though I've seen it before, I had forgotten that Billy was in it. When he came on the screen I shouted "CHARLIE!". My brother was like "what?" I was all "Oh..um...he plays Charlie, ya know Bella's dad, in Twilight". He looked at me and just shook his head and said "you're gay". He doesn't understand. He's male. Lol.

I loved him as Charlie. I like the movie Charlie better than the book Charlie. (Sorry Stephenie!). He was so funny and so parent-like. It was great. He's awesome.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮