Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! »

twilight1909 wrote:As for SK2, I don't think you could pay me to watch that. :lol: As for Copon, I didn't even know who he was until his name was brought up on the boards.
Now I am confused..i thought you were pro-Micheal :? so are you pro TL, MC or you just don't give a crap?? :lol:
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

switzgal wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:
As for SK2, I don't think you could pay me to watch that. :lol: As for Copon, I didn't even know who he was until his name was brought up on the boards.

Yeah me too. Never heard of him before. Actually this fact is what I feel is the root of all this talk.

I think Summit is just being cheap and realizes that Taylor is going to cost more than MC (not because of the CGI necessarily) but because of his popularity.

Who knows, maybe Copon will settle for a lot smaller check. Which will make Summit bite because Summit is looking really cheap, especially considering how much Twilight is making and still going strong as it just opened in the UK this weekend.
I had no idea who he was either! And he is...-shudder-
ImageImage
E<3B
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

When did I ever say I was pro-Michael? I was speaking for those that support him, not myself. I don't know anything about his acting skills, so I have no opinion.

Might I add that I'm not a Jacob fan, but I still want him to be likable and good-looking. I think Taylor fit the bill perfectly in Twilight. As for the NM Jacob, he does change drastically in a short period of time, so it's appropriate to think "WHOA, he looks...different." Whether Taylor can portray that or not isn't my decision. I won't make assumptions until I see the movie. (I made that mistake with Twilight.)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Renesmee101
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I think its so disgusting how cheap Summitt is. Lord knows they have the money to pony up. They have no reason to be stingy other than the fact that they're pathetic. The fact that they're even considering another actor because the one they picked in the first place is too expensive is sickening.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
TeamJacob!

Post by TeamJacob! »

twilight1909 wrote:When did I ever say I was pro-Michael? I was speaking for those that support him, not myself. I don't know anything about his acting skills, so I have no opinion.

Might I add that I'm not a Jacob fan, but I still want him to be likable and good-looking. I think Taylor fit the bill perfectly in Twilight. As for the NM Jacob, he does change drastically in a short period of time, so it's appropriate to think "WHOA, he looks...different." Whether Taylor can portray that or not isn't my decision. I won't make assumptions until I see the movie. (I made that mistake with Twilight.)

you never said you were ..i just assumed cos you were kinda talking in supporting of those who support him...wow dat was a mouthful,well my bad :D
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Really...you guys never heard of michael copon??
Well I always knew him from Raven Symone's music video "backflip"
& from "Bring It On In It To Win It"

Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sigj-F2KpU

Bring it On (He's the one in the green shorts!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnT8TXJD ... re=related
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

nafereti wrote:Bring it On (He's the one in the green shorts!!)
Wow. Well now I know why I've never heard of him. That movie looks horrible. I avoid all things "Bring It On." Wasn't he also on One Tree Hill? I don't watch that either. :|

TeamJacob! - I guess it came off that way. I just disagreed with your initial statement. :)
TeamJacob!

Post by TeamJacob! »

nafereti wrote:Really...you guys never heard of michael copon??
Well I always knew him from Raven Symone's music video "backflip"
& from "Bring It On In It To Win It"
the popcorn but was funny :lol:
Bring it On (He's the one in the green shorts!!)
That just made my head hurt (nothing to do with MC)...i really liked bring it on but that just wasn't the same..i didn't even know there was #2.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Renesmee101
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I avoid all things cheerleader-esque. I have a special place in my heart for hating them. (Sorry if anyone here is a cheerleader, but the ones I know are horrible.) I also avoid bad acting, it irks me too much, mainly because I always wind up watching the movie saying to myself "I could so portray that better.". So pretty much, I haven't seen anything Michael has been in except the PR shows. :P
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Renesmee101 wrote:I think its so disgusting how cheap Summitt is. Lord knows they have the money to pony up. They have no reason to be stingy other than the fact that they're pathetic. The fact that they're even considering another actor because the one they picked in the first place is too expensive is sickening.
Now, now. I don't think we should totally bad mouth Summit. At least they're making our beloved books into movies -- something none of the big names would do. I'm still really frustrated with the low budget for Twilight, I mean imagine how much better they could have made it, but it's wrong to say there's no other reason for being stingy other than being pathetic. Summit is a small business that's trying to make it. They need profit for more reasons than just New Moon. Since when are they considering a replacement for Jacob because Taylor is too expensive? I'd like to see that one in writing..