Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby nafereti » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:37 am

TeamJacob! wrote:
nafereti wrote:Really...you guys never heard of michael copon??
Well I always knew him from Raven Symone's music video "backflip"
& from "Bring It On In It To Win It"


the popcorn but was funny :lol:

Bring it On (He's the one in the green shorts!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnT8TXJD29E&feature=related


That just made my head hurt (nothing to do with MC)...i really liked bring it on but that just wasn't the same..i didn't even know there was #2.


actually...that's not even Bring it on 2....MC was on bring it on 4!!
Image
Image
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
User avatar
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 am
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby Renesmee101 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:50 am

twilight1909 wrote:
Renesmee101 wrote:I think its so disgusting how cheap Summitt is. Lord knows they have the money to pony up. They have no reason to be stingy other than the fact that they're pathetic. The fact that they're even considering another actor because the one they picked in the first place is too expensive is sickening.


Now, now. I don't think it's right to bash Summit for being cheap. At least they're making our beloved books into movies -- something none of the big names would do. I'm still really frustrated with the low budget for Twilight, I mean imagine how much better they could have made it, but it's wrong to say there's no other reason for being stingy other than being pathetic. Summit is a small business that's trying to make it. They need profit for more reasons than just New Moon. Since when are they considering a replacement for Jacob because Taylor is too expensive? I'd like to see that one in writing..

Please. They've got money coming out the Why are we talking about a donkey? because of our beloved Twilight movie. Even when they divy up the money for the actors paychecks, the budget from the first movie, and all of the other shoot that goes with making a movie they've got more money than they know what to do with. What other reason do they have for holding onto that money other than out of pure stinginess? I'm glad that they're making the books into movies, but I'd rather not have them be made at all than have it done halfass. The Twilight movie was far from spectacular, I think thats something we can all agree on. And even though I know of people who've seen it multiple times (I myself have seen it twice, and plan to see it again tomorrow), the main reason for that is the cast, Rob, Kristen, and TAYLOR. He brought in tons of viewers, and to deny him the chance to really spread his metaphorical wings is heartless. He's got the acting chops to bring every facet of Jake's changing personality to life if Summitt would just give him the chance. The only two logical reasons for Taylor not being allowed to return are that Summitt doesn't think he fits the role physically (in which case they shouldn't have hired him i the first place) or he's got too high a pricetag now. You said yourself that Summitt is smaller, so they could probably only afford smaller names at first, which is why they picked a bunch of essential nobodies out of the acting oblivion and made them superstars. But now they've got the money to afford to give both Kristen AND Rob a huge raise, and raise the budget (however minimal that raise in budget may be), so they've got the money to afford Taylor. So essentially, Summitt as screwed themselves over, and pissed a good majority of the Twilight fanbase off at the same time.
Image
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
User avatar
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby twilight1909 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:14 am

^
Twilight definitely made Summit a load of money, and I'm sure there's a LOT they're planning on using it for. Not just New Moon. I don't work for movie producers so I can't give you specifics, but there are plenty of reasons for holding onto your money. A single expensive film could diminish their Twilight profit. They're hoping to make a bigger name for themselves...I would hope they want to improve their movies. We agree that Twilight was far from spectacular. You say the movies are better left unmade if they're halfassed, so are you also saying it would be better off if Twilight was never made? Replacing Taylor doesn't mean they're going to slack on NM. The movies should only go up from here. And I'm not arguing against his ability to play Jacob. Summit definitely made a mistake by choosing Taylor if they think he doesn't fit the role physically. I wonder how that even happened -- didn't anyone read New Moon and say "hey, we might have a problem here." Guess not. But now they are concerned about it, so what can we do other than trust their judgment and wait to actually see the movie? I don't get why you think Taylor has such a high price tag now. I severely doubt that they would give Rob/Kristen a raise so big they can't "afford" to have Taylor on board. Or whatever the reason is that you attribute it to.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby Renesmee101 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:30 am

I would like to try and go against my nature and be optimistic, but Summitt isn't helping much. I don't think that it wold have been better off never having been made because as an up and coming actress myself, I know how pivotal it's been for the cast. It was an extremly wise career choice for them to have pursued it, and I wish them the best. That being said, they can only work with whats given to them, and Summitt hasn't given them very much until recently in the way of money. I think that Summitt should stick with the decisons they made in casting. If they didn't take everything into account, that's their mistake and they should have to live with it. But I really don't think that there would be any harm in keeping Taylor.
Image
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
User avatar
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby shavei7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 am

hmmm They (Summit / director) couldn't really cast a "mature" and taller actor for the Twilight Jacob because that transformation didn't happen until NM...so....

Is Steven Strait really expensive?
I'd have thought K.Stewart would cost more considering she's worked with bigger actors before.
I've read that CW want Copon although I can't imagine why. Sure, Copon may fit the Jacob description, but my biggest concern is, that guy can not act at all! I mean, c'mon, Scorpion King 2 anyone? The movie he bragged (J-14 interview) that he carried.... yeah...more like sleepwalked. The acting (and not just him, almost all of the cast) was just too painful to watch that I didn't even finish the movie.

As for Taylor, I think he's a great actor. I'm not a Taylor fan but my only concern is... if they're going to replace him, at least replace him with somebody who can act. That's all I'm asking...If Scorpion King 2 is the extent of Copon's "acting" (since he practically bragged about it in the interview) then I don't think I'll be able to watch NM more than once. It may even be a stretch for me to finish it because it'd be painful to watch Copon act (or sleepwalk).

btw, I'm glad this topic moved here where I can express my opinion about Jacob / Taylor / and Copon without worrying that somebody will get on my case about being "rude" for merely stating my opinion about Copon ;)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Image
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
User avatar
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby TeamJacob! » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 am

shavei7 wrote:hmmm They (Summit / director) couldn't really cast a "mature" and taller actor for the Twilight Jacob because that transformation didn't happen until NM...so....

Is Steven Strait really expensive?
I'd have thought K.Stewart would cost more considering she's worked with bigger actors before.
I've read that CW want Copon although I can't imagine why. Sure, Copon may fit the Jacob description, but my biggest concern is, that guy can not act at all! I mean, c'mon, Scorpion King 2 anyone? The movie he bragged (J-14 interview) that he carried.... yeah...more like sleepwalked. The acting (and not just him, almost all of the cast) was just too painful to watch that I didn't even finish the movie.

As for Taylor, I think he's a great actor. I'm not a Taylor fan but my only concern is... if they're going to replace him, at least replace him with somebody who can act. That's all I'm asking...If Scorpion King 2 is the extent of Copon's "acting" (since he practically bragged about it in the interview) then I don't think I'll be able to watch NM more than once. It may even be a stretch for me to finish it because it'd be painful to watch Copon act (or sleepwalk).

btw, I'm glad this topic moved here where I can express my opinion about Jacob / Taylor / and Copon without worrying that somebody will get on my case about being "rude" for merely stating my opinion about Copon ;)


Like twilight is a movie i am still watching over and over again, yeah it wasn't perfect but i still love it.
And i am actually looking forward to NM more than twilight if that's possible and i would like them not to make it so painful that i can't even watch it once. I could so get over TL not being 6'7 or watever but you can't overlook BAD ACTING.
Image
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
User avatar
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Moving out of Switzerland to join the wolves

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby twilight1909 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 am

Renesmee101 -- I agree with you there. But calling Summit disgusting and pathetic if they're wanting to save some dollars is rather unreasonable. We don't know what their plans are for their future projects or the rest of the Twilight movies. Like I said though, I don't think finance has anything to do with replacing Taylor.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby shavei7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 am

TeamJacob! wrote:Like twilight is a movie i am still watching over and over again, yeah it wasn't perfect but i still love it.
And i am actually looking forward to NM more than twilight if that's possible and i would like them not to make it so painful that i can't even watch it once. I could so get over TL not being 6'7 or watever but you can't overlook BAD ACTING.

Oh definitely! I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently looking forward to NM but if they ever cast Copon...gawd. I don't know... I'd be more than disappointed. I would then be dreading NM, but I'd still watch it....it'd be like testing my pain tolerance.

I've watched Twilight 5 times now (my friends think I'm crazy) and like you said, it's not perfect but I love it all the same because there were several scenes that are just so beautiful and heartbreaking that I can almost forgive the other bad parts. Evertime I watch it, the more scenes I notice where you could CLEARLY see the edges of the contact lenses (Bella and Edward especially). How in the world could they overlook that on post-production? :(
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Image
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
User avatar
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby shwarzloewe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:49 am

I would like to put my two cents on Rob/Stewart being quiet. they're quiet because they are already paid, thus as an employee you don't bad mouth your bosses nor do you disagree with them because its just bad publicity, and bad publicity would mean a low income for summit. Imagine what the tabloids would say if Rob/Stewart made their opinions heard. And even if their opinions were pleasant and good like Ashley's, tabloids would make up their own drama like " actors being difficult on set" or " Director and actor feud", he said this they said that. So basically they don't want that specially of Rob/Stewart fans.

As for the money that Summit shelled out, with the economy as it is and getting worse, I'm starting to think that it is actually decent enough. But I still think with a higher pot money that they could do the movie justice.

And I don't think that they're replacing Taylor because of his price tag, they can always renegotiate on that with agents(well you all know that Taylor and MC's agent are one in the same). I think Replacing Taylor is the Director's and studio's preference. And they probably didn't take in to consideration on how much Taycob fans are out there. Because if they would say that the main reason for replacing him is because he doesn't fit the part physically as described in the book then they should also replace Emmett(supposed to look like a big body builder), Laurant(supposed to be olive tone skinned not black), Sam(supposed to be big), Alice(supposed to be 4-foot-10) and a whole lot more stuff that goes against the book.

there... :D
Last edited by shwarzloewe on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
shwarzloewe
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm
Location: on a clearing in the forest howling at the moon.....

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby DarkMuse » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 am

Too bad they couldn't give a statement at midnight. It's 4am here now and I'm wondering exactly what time they'll be doing anything? IF they do anything today that is. I hate waiting. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. Lol. *prays for Taylor to stay*
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
Image
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
User avatar
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
 
Posts: 2053
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 am
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

PreviousNext

Return to The Cast List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron