Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by buffygrl3 »

SenorGimp wrote:I'm kind of interested in starting a new thread, or whatever you call it, or at least opening this up for discussion...
I didn't read through all the posts on this thread yet, so this may have already been brought up, but I'm kind of curious...

How is it that Carlisle Cullen, a Vampire with what any human would feel to be ice cold skin, is able to operate on and interact with (that is to say, lay his hands on, on a regular basis) so many people without ever even a hint of a risk of exposure?

I never thought about it before, but I'm reading the partial transcript SM has posted on her website for Midnight Sun (I just got to the part in the hospital when Carlisle is inspecting Bella), and when he touched the bump on her head she flinched. Supposedly because her skin is tender from having suffered such recent trauma, but wouldn't the chill of his not-quite-human skin cause a similar reaction??

Anyone who has any input or feedback on the subject, please, let me know, because in hingsight it seems like a rather obvious plot hole to overlook...

Not putting the series down at all, just curious = )......

Thank you for your time
Well... like other dude said, Doctors kinda usually have cold hands. I have cold hands, lots of folk have pretty chilly hands and its usually not something people really notice. At least not something they'd notice as abnormal. Not to mention that these vampires don't really match any other notion of what a vampire is. (except the blood thing) so discovery would be kinda hard without the help of our lovely Jacob Black. :) Bella sure wouldn't have got it, I probably wouldn't have either...

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

This mite have been mentioned before, but i wonder where and how did Carlisle meet The Volturi?
and
how has he been a doctor for all these years with the same name?
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

carlisle is the best to not kill people and to be able to be around blood he just rocks go carlisle!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

DumBumm wrote:This mite have been mentioned before, but i wonder where and how did Carlisle meet The Volturi?
and
Carlisle traveled for many years in Europe before going to the USA. He met the Volturi while in Italy to study. I think that he may have heard about them and decided to visit them or something. He stood with the Volturi for some decades.

I guess no one really knows. I asked pretty much the same thing on the "Illegal Activities" thread and people think that the Cullens disappear with all their files and hack computers so no one will have their information once they leave.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Sammi Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Sammi Cullen »

I really adore Carlisle and everything about him.
His character is just such a huge part, and he's truly one of the
vampires that they really look up to. There's a lot to be admired,
he basically "raised" himself as a newborn vampire and learned exactly
what he wanted to be. I don't know, you guys get what I'm trying to say, right?

He's just so strong and resiliant and to do what he does, as a vampire..
Take's a lot of strength.

"I can't live in a world where you don't exist.."
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:
DumBumm wrote:This mite have been mentioned before, but i wonder where and how did Carlisle meet The Volturi?
and
Carlisle traveled for many years in Europe before going to the USA. He met the Volturi while in Italy to study. I think that he may have heard about them and decided to visit them or something. He stood with the Volturi for some decades.

I guess no one really knows. I asked pretty much the same thing on the "Illegal Activities" thread and people think that the Cullens disappear with all their files and hack computers so no one will have their information once they leave.
Interesting, thanks...
wouldn't it be weird if they did hack the computers to get the files... i think someone would probably notice... by now.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

DumBumm wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:
and

Interesting, thanks...
wouldn't it be weird if they did hack the computers to get the files... i think someone would probably notice... by now.
Not really. They're probably really good hackers so no one would know their information.
People will notice that the files are gone but the Cullens will also be so no problem.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
TwiOLightLife
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiOLightLife »

Personally, I love Carlisle. In the books, he is always a family oriented kind of guy. The amount of pride and happiness he has for his family members is astounding throughout these books, and though he can be somtimes cryptic, you can tell he's always ever only doing what is right for his family. Plus, to have the strength to be a doctor and keep down the thirst for blood, is an amazing feat all on it's own. He's a father figure everyone wants. Man, I wish he was my dad! xD
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

He. Is. Amazing. What I love is the total love and respect the rest of the family have for him "I wouldnt want to disappoint Carlise" "Carlise was right" even Bella considers his opinion to be the most importnat.

I think with the cold hands thing, yep most doctors have cold hands. Its one of those running jokes isnt it? My question would be "does he have bad handwriting?" beacuse THAT would be a giveaway if he had beautiful script like Edward! :lol:

Also if your ill in hospital its likely you may have a temperature so the cool hands would actually be soothing and you'd be less likely to question it.

He also seems to have such a wonderful gift for medicine. I'm like Bella - faint at the smell of blood (though touchwood luckily not as accident prone!) but I think like her I could cope if her were my doctor - hes so calm, methodical and understanding.

I know not quite relevent but I didnt picture him as so good looking when I read the books and when I saw the film he was one of the few characters I was happy didnt look how I imagined - gave me a much better perspective!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

SarahGoddard wrote:I think with the cold hands thing, yep most doctors have cold hands. Its one of those running jokes isnt it? My question would be "does he have bad handwriting?" beacuse THAT would be a giveaway if he had beautiful script like Edward! :lol:
LOL! I had never thought of that! haha!
I think that he can fake a doctor-like handwriting.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss