Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book? The Hpst without a doubt!!! And I haven't really read any other sci-fi books besides that one!

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling? No, not really

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault? I expected something like that would happen at some point. I don't think anyone was at fault but I do think Paul overreacted a bit...

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3. I think that she is more comfortable talking to her mom...

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of hmmm.... that's a hard one... I don't think there is one that he couldn't think of a solution to...
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?

I don't read many sci fi books, so I really don't know any .......

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?

I knew it was a deeper issue, but no I didn't even think of Bella being a vampire....

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?

Not really, they both are hot headed. I kind of blamed Paul just because I don't like Jacob's werewolf pack

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.

Bella seemed more relax with Renee and lie she could talk more about personal stuff. Charlie seems like he doesn't really get Bella....

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.

The engine overheats and he cools it down with his ice cold hands.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
I like the X-Men and Spiderman movie novels.

Nope.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
I think it was Paul's fault, Emmett more than likely wasn't over the line.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
Terroists want to blow the plane up mid air.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

Yeah The Host!!!

Yeah, I knew he would be checking up on her.

I wasn't really surprised. I wasn't really sure.

She's more comfortable with her mother.

I don't really know haha. I'm not that creative.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I don't know, I never read much sci-fi.

No, I just thought that he was upset that Bella had dissapeared for a few days with Edward.

No I wasn't very surprised, both of them always seem to be itching for a fight. I don't think either of them was at fault, that's just the way they are.

She has an easier time talking about boys with her mom because she was always closer to her mom, plus, its always really akward having the talk with a guy.

I don't have a very good imagination, so...
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Lots of thanks to Cocoa for these!!

1)Who knows.

2)I thought he wanted to make sure she wasn't a vampire.

3)No. I think Paul over-reacted to Emmett. Emmett was only trying to get Victoria when she evaded his lunge and Paul 'lost it' on Emmett.

4)She loves her dad, but they do not communicate very well with each other. Her mom, on the other hand is someone she can talk to about everything.

5)The landing gear won't come down and the hydraulic fluid is out and he has to use his brute strength to steer the plane and control the rudder. They land safely.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I don't think Renee would like any of the sci-fi books I read. They'll mostly werewolf and vampire stories. I think that I'll go with the Host. After all, who can't love anything that SM writes.

No. I thought that maybe he was going to start trying harder to see Bella again.

Paul is known for his less than perfect control. Emmett was just trying to get at Victoria. Paul just overreacted. As usual.

Right now, Bella and Charlie's relationship is strained quite a bit. But her relationship with Renee doesn't contain any of the drama that has been going on in Forks, so they are really friendly and care free around each other. Thats probably how its always been.

Uh, I don't know. Give me a day or two and I think something up. But, honestly, he's be able to make it out of anything. Somehow or another. He always manages to.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-Hahah I have no idea! Sci-Fi is not usually one of my favorites so I don't have much to recommend.

-Yes! I thought he was checking to make sure Bella was still human, but it turns out I was wrong.

-Learning about the fight between Emmett and Paul was definetly shocking. It's hard to say who was at fault, because both sides think it was the other side who started it.

-Bella is definetly able to talk to Renee about things that she wouldn't be able to with Charlie. That doesn't mean she doesn't love them both in different ways though.

-Hahah ! Edward already figured out what would happen if a plane was crashing. I'll leave it to him.. haha
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
rachelcullen86
Settled in Forks

Post by rachelcullen86 »

not sure which book... not a massive fan of sci fi sorry

i thought the same as bella that he thought she had been checking to see if she had been turned

probably neck and neck for fault... paul does have a tendancy to fly off the handle though... i was suprised... didn't see it coming to be honest

Bella & her dad clearly love each other, but their problem is that they are too similar... they are both awkward around people... especially each other, Charlie is the parent & does his best to watch out for her and keep her safe... Bella & her mum are two completely different people, Renee has a character that can't be tamed whilst Bella is very tame, Bella is the parent and watching over her mum...as soon as her mum starts getting parenty Bella easily pushes her mum's worries aside

hmmm..... the Volturi have taken over the plane & Alec & Jane are focusing all of there energies into keeping Edward occupied whilst Dimitri is closing in on Bella....
"You smell just exactly the same as always. So maybe this is hell. I don’t care. I’ll take it." Edward Cullen - New Moon
Kimmygirl23
Settled in Forks

Post by Kimmygirl23 »

not sure if I can ask that here...but the "request a topic" topic is locked....

anyway, I have a question...in this chapter (or was it chapter 2/4?) Jacob comes to Bella's and Edward's school
to "have a talk" at one moment, Jacob thinks of something about Edward leaving Bella that hurt Edward.

what was he thinking? was he thinking only about the fact that Edward left Bella, orrrrr was Jacob thinking about how close Jacob and Bella where when Edward was gone? (and the almost kiss they had)
~TEAM EDWARD~