Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for the following questions!

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
1) It does not bother me one bit. It's facinating.

2)Yes. Yes. It is something that they can not control at first, so when it happened to Sam, he naturally freaked out. I would too.

3)No. Even though it was cruel on one hand, Edward, I feel, needed to see just how bad Bella was after he left.
To see that his leaving did not help her like he wanted to believe it did. Of course, I think he figured that out in New Moon.

4)Yes. If she had been really honest with herself and realized how her actions could really set her and Jacob up for a fall, she should have backed off and draw lines with Jacob. She was weak in this area.

5)Advantages - communication and hunting. Disadvantages - They hear and see everything.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

It's a little unusual, and I found it strange how all Jacob's feelings for Bella just disappeared as soon as he imprinted. I personally would not like dealing with that.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
It does make me feel compassion. It must be so terrifying, especially for Sam, who had no one to help him.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Not really, because they are his thoughts and he should be able to think about whatever he wants. Edward needed to know.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
Yes, to Jacob, it makess him think that she does love him. Their relationship is very complex

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

It's good for communicating, but bad because you have no privacy
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I think its really unfair, though also convient in some ways. Depending on the sotuation you're in at the moment, it could either end in love or heartbreak.

It made me feel more compassionate toward Sam, who was the only wolf I had a problem with at the time. Other than Paul, but I never did grow to like Paul any more than a annoyance.

Yes. The torture on Edward's face was terrible to read about. He feels guilty enough for it without having to see images of the damage he had done. That was a knew low. Even for Jake.

Of course. Jake is still after her for something more than friendship and even if she doesn't mean them in that way, he will take anything that will help him proof that she loves him.

When in an emergency, though don't have to waste time explaining the situation to each other. But it is a disadvantage because they probably don't look at each other the same again after hearing some of their thoughts.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I think it's definetly an interesting subject, although it might not always work out the best for some people, like Leah for example. If you get the long end of the stick though, I could see why it could be an amazing thing.

-For me, hearing Sam's story, it made me feel kind of bad for the wolves. I definetly feel more comapsionate towards them because again, imprinting is just another thing in there life they have no control over whatsover, whether it works out for better or worse.

-Actually, I thought it was right to show Edward the images of Bella. Even thought I love love love Edward and do not like seeing him in pain, he needed to see what happend to Bella when he left her and how awful it was for her; so he would know he could never leave her again. At the same time, it was a low blow from Jake.

-YES! I was SO MAD she did this throughout Eclipse. UGH I wanted to smack her! Even though I still love Bella, I felt she was totally betraying Edward and leading on Jacob, by promising him things and holding hands with him etc... Although, I don't think these were Bella's intentions, it still made me mad.

-I don't really see any advantages of wolves seeing each others personal thoughts, but I guess it is handy when they need to speak to each other quickly. The disadvantages are that everyone can see and feel what you are thinking, even if its super embarassing.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
twilight4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight4eva »

well yes i think jake was wrong jake is always wrong whats new?
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~im not exactly sure yet. i think its really interesting and kinda cool.

~yes, i felt very passionate towards Sam and the wolves from reading the story. I love hearing about new characters histories.-

~yes, it was very cruel. edward already knew the pain that had taken place for the both of them.

~yes she is encouraging Jacob, though she does not always realize it.

~they are described in the book. sorry, im too lazy to get the book out. lol 8-)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Ellie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ellie »

Honestly? Like it's a very tidy plot device. :D Okay, as a concept, I like it, but I feel very sorry for anyone who's supposed to find their soulmate via imprinting, and never happen to meet them.

I had no problem feeling compassion for the wolves, and definitely not for Sam. He had a rougher road than any of them. He was first of them to undergo the change and had no guidance, no one to help him. And he was the first to have imprinting wreak havoc in his personal life.

Not at all. Edward was always kidding himself that there was no way that Bella could love him as much as he loved her, couldn't possibly miss him as painfully as he missed her, etc. I was rather pleased that Jacob let Edward traverse his memories of Bella's misery. I thought, Well, maybe Edward will finally grasp that Bella's love is just as deep and vulnerable as his.

No, but I can see why Jacob would misinterpret them.

Ack. That's too much to write about. I'd go on for pages...
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? It's strange, but I've gotten used to it.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? It doesn't make me more compassionate; he does have Emily now after all.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? YES!!!! STUPID JERK FACE!!!

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? Yes, I think it does hint more toward flirting.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? Well, they do become more a like a family but that would be annoying. And you can't hide, which is both good and bad.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

i was like it would be complicated if you were married and then imprinted on someone else. i wouldnt want it hapening to me.

yeah i was like thats so sad! :{

it made me mad towards jacob and sympathetic towards edward

yes. i kinda wanted to like hit her or something. im like dumb youre leading him on even though you say youre not!

advantages: it gets them closer to each other, create a bond
disadvantages: its like someone reading your journal or diary. its kinda an invasion of privacy in a way

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I think it must be nice to know that there is someone out there who is *destined* to be with you. It could get depressing of course if that special someone happens to die of course ... :? Overall, I'd go for sweet though.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
Yes, it makes me feel like they might actually have a reason to hate the vampires. They changed their lifes for the worst after all.

No, not really. It will make him thing twice if he ever gets that idiotic idea of leaving her again.

Maybe not to her, but they certainly aren't helping Jacob getting over her.

They know each other through and through. They know who is doing what and they can work very closely together without wasting time on any other form of communication. This way there are no misunderstandings like there could occur by talking or writing. The disadvantages are quite obvious of course. The lack of privacy seems to be one of the main reasons of fights in the pack.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana