General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by pennybug84 »

I absolutely LOVE them as a family! After I got over the shock of Bella being pregnant I was sooo happy! I think it's so awesome that they were able to have a baby together.

At first while I was reading BD I was a little sad/disappointed in Edwards parenting & nurturing of Renesme. It seemed like it was always Bella or Jake who had her & was taking care of her. I really wished to read/see more of him being a father. But after reading some of the posts here I can see where Edward really was fatherly. Especially when he was reading her mind when she was still in the womb. (Which was weird at first but so cool!)

I love that they had a happy ending and have their family forever.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

I can't believe when I first read BD I thought Edward was shirking his responsibilities as a father! I read it again, and I realised he did love his daughter, although its just that everyone else has a more physical way of showing it.

I would love to read about Nessies teenage years. We saw how Edward reacted to Bellas pursuers out of jealousy. I wonder how he will act out of fatherlyness. The unlucky first boyfriend is going to get the crap kicked out of him ... ok, maybe not, edwards too much of a gentleman. :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

It was like, now the only thing that means anything to her is Nessie, and that was kind of sad for me.
Nonsense. I specifically recall what happened when Edward was walking into the midst of the waiting and mailicious Volturi (specifically Jane, the little sadist) to share his thoughts with Aro. Having had great difficulty separating it from herself before this point, Bella managed to break all of the restrictions on her shield, hurling it across an impossible distance, and therefore, from that point on, making ALL the difference in the outcome that the trial took (i.e., Had they not been so unsure that they could win, the Volturi would certainly have done their evil deed long before Alice showed up to save the day). The absolute horror with which she thought about Edward being harmed, and the resulting impossibility of her miraculous immediate total control of her "special power" proves that Edward still means the world to her... She merely has two worlds now, Edward and Renesmee, if you truly care to separate them...

I personally love picturing them as a happy family...

Besides, Edward's always been the subtle composed one, in regards to everyone who isn't Bella anyway, so his seeming unconcern for his child shouldn't seem to unexpected. I do think Bella and Edward should, perhaps, hold off on the crazy lust thing a little, just because they only have seven years of parenthood before Renesmee is an "adult", and will probably be doing her own crazy lust thing with Jacob. sorry, didn't mean to go there..

Um, I think they are a great and loving family, and don't see how that fact could ever have been put in question.
Thank you for your time
= )...
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

i don't think it was just bella and edward parenting their daughter it was all the cullens and jacob and maybe a bit of zafrina too. it's like the family's daughter since the others can't have kids so their sharing rennesmee in a way :lol:
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I love Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family. I would really love to see more of their family, not necessarily just from Bella's POV but maybe Nessie's. Seeing how Edward dotes on her and what happens with Jacob. They're the perfect family. The fact that all of the Cullens are so caring and pretty much all of them raise Nessie and are super close Aunts/Uncles and Grandparents is great.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I adore their family. I never thought of Edward as a father, but I think that he makes a great one. And Bella. Bella is so caring of Nessie. She would die for a child that she didn't even know yet. But, all she knew was that she was hers, and she didn't care if she died.
Renesmee. Nessie is the cutest kid that I have ever met. She is so sweet and kind and she loves her parents so much. Her power is amazing and she uses it well.
As a family, I think that they are awesome. :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

When it comes to Nessie, you have to rember that she's the first Cullen baby. Ever! So she obviously gets a lot of attention, and even though Bella & Edward are her parents, there's a line behind them of the rest of the family waiting to hold her, feed her, play with her, etc. So I never thought that Edward or Bella were shirking their responsibilities. (I can just picture Edward holding Renesmee and Rosalie come up to him and complaining to him like "It's my turn to hold her!" and he gives her this "are you kidding me?" look. lol :lol: ) Someone wrote a while ago that Nessie brings out the best in everyone, and I totally agree with that. One of the sweetest moments between Edward and Renesmee was a memory that she showed Bella. It was when Bella was still in her vamp-coma and Edward was holding Renesmee and was singing to her. That was so SWEET! I loved that. Bella, Edward, and Nessie make a great family and it's made even better by the fact that she has Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Jacob, and Charlie as most of her family. I'm gonna start happy-crying soon :D / :cry: ! jk. But it's still really sweet. :)
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
BiteMeEdward.
Wandering Through Town

Post by BiteMeEdward. »

I like them as a family.. but i understand where everyone's comming from with the edward not being in the story enough as a father and in bella's thoughts. He didn't feel as big a part of the book once Jacob told the story and then when Nessie was in the picture.. it didn't feel like there was as much of edward and bella talking and expressing how they love each other thoughout Breaking Dawn.. just them making love. idk. just my opinion.

Team Edward. Until the end of timee. <3
katie95b
Settled in Forks

Post by katie95b »

im so glad that bella got to have a child with edward. i thought she was passing up that chance by becoming a vampire, but im glad she got bot(immortality and a baby) plus edward! :D

i also thought it was very sweet how edward was willing to let bella have a baby with jacob. im glad she didn't have to though.
rey
Settled in Forks

Post by rey »

I think the three of them make a great family.

Edward had mentioned to Bella after telling Charlie about their engagement that on some level he wished Charlie's assumption was true - that Bella was pregnant and that the possibility of having a family together was an option. His reaction to the pregnancy however was purely from his ingrained need to protect Bella from harm at all cost. But once he realises that the 'fetus' is not a monster and loves Bella, obviously how can he not fall in love with his child? Edward dotes on Nessie after her birth as much as everyone else and will protect her from his 'newborn' wife as well (remember him snatching nessie out of bellas arms when she remembered drinking blood?). I liked the bits when Kate was stalking Nessie and Nessie was reassuring Bella that 'Daddy was in on it'. And whenever Nessie did something advanced it freaked edward out and he would throw himself into research about half-breed legends.

Bella, while she never really thought of motherhood, was born middle-aged and has never really been a teenager. so i don't think its a great stretch to imagine her being a mom, especially as she sees her baby through the pregnancy as edward's child.