Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Special Effects

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

DumBumm wrote:That sparkling noise i heard was horrible... he wasn't even sparkling, it looked like someone chucked a bucket of glitter on him.
And the running, it looked like he was hovering off the ground...

I wasted 15 bux to watch Twilight!
I was laughing at the sparkling noise effect, seriously does that need to be there. Now it is like his own personal theme music. Edward in the sun... dingle, dingle, dingle. Does that only go for him or for all the Vamps, or do they each get their own unique dingle sound effect, LOL. It was very corney. Plus, the sparkle it self was super dissapointing. Steph was dissapointed by it too, she said something in an interview if they can CGI a dragon, you think they could make a man sparkle correctly.

No what I had pictured at all :(
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

The sparkly was okay... but I was imagining that he would be illuminated in light around him... not having a whole bunch of glitter on him. It makes him like kind of girly in my opinion.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:The sparkly was okay... but I was imagining that he would be illuminated in light around him... not having a whole bunch of glitter on him. It makes him like kind of girly in my opinion.
agreed not glitterly at all it is sort of girlie. You know how you catch the reflection of light off of someone's engagment ring and it sort of blind you, but you still can help but stare, that is how I imagined it to be. His sparkle effect reminded me off those carpets that you see in the jewlrey stores that have glitter spces in the trying to be diamonds, but just aren't.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:
DumBumm wrote:That sparkling noise i heard was horrible... he wasn't even sparkling, it looked like someone chucked a bucket of glitter on him.

I was laughing at the sparkling noise effect, seriously does that need to be there. Now it is like his own personal theme music. Edward in the sun... dingle, dingle, dingle. Does that only go for him or for all the Vamps, or do they each get their own unique dingle sound effect, LOL. It was very corney. Plus, the sparkle it self was super dissapointing. Steph was dissapointed by it too, she said something in an interview if they can CGI a dragon, you think they could make a man sparkle correctly.

Lol... "do they each get their own unique dingle sound effect", i thought that was funny! :lol:

Me and my friends (and people behind us) were the only one that had noticed the dingle sound and had laughed... i spotted it out, i said to my friends "do you hear that?" and we all started laughing, and so did the people behind us.
People told us to shut up, but its okay for them to SCREAM every time Edward came on the screen! that was so annoying! :x... i think it's mostly why i didn't like the film, no one wouldn't shut up... i couldn't hear anything... I'll wait till it comes on pay TV to watch it again.
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:

Have to agree with you there. I too was actually LAUGHING when he started sparkling, it was so bad! And the stupid sound made it ten times worse. Dingle dingle dingle OMG I wanted to kill whoever was in charge of that. If they can use CGI to create incredible effects that make animated humans seem real, surely they can make some guy sparkle properly?!?!? I will never get over that stupid dingle sound. Completely corny. GRRRRRR I was so angry. The meadow scene was actually just completely butchered
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I agree, I really didn't like the sparkling.
It should've been more like a really heavy reflection of the sun. Like when you point a piece of class directly in heavy sunlight. It's shouldn't be like there were 10000 diamonds glued onto his body.
I didn't like that.
Also the walking fast and the running with Bella wasn't what I expected. It completly seemed a bit lame on the special effects. I didn't wanted them to overdo it either. But it could've been better. It had to stay not to clear that it was a special effect but at the same time you really had to see the special talents of the vampires better.
Hope they have a better special effects team with New Moon.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I think the sparkling wasn't very good, it looked like he was sweating. The noise was terrible, and the running was quite slow. I know it must be hard to do all the effects, but was that awful sparkling sound really necessary?

At least it was funny!
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I never heard the dingling what is a dingling . but they were on a budgetso the special effects stunk
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

funny....I never noticed the "sparkle" sound (dingle?)...I was mainly concentrating on not to cringe too much during that "sparkle" scene hahah maybe I was concentrating too much that I blocked out the sound

but I have to say I love the movie as a whole...the Prom, bedroom/kiss, piano/lullaby, when the Cullens first waled in the cafeteria, when edward sucked out the venom, and baseball scenes sealed the deal for me. Oh, and of course, the cast was amazing...Alice, Carlisle, etc.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I heard the jingles and it was horrible, the sparkling in the first place was not as spectacular as i thought it would be , i mean come on he has to sparkle so much the the volturi want to kill him when he wanted to expose himself in the sun in front of the people.

The running looked so fake, his feet wasn't even touching the ground when he was running!