Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Summit Entertainment

Post by Nena »

Discuss here everything pertaining Summit Entertainment.
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Heehee, first post. :geek: . Okay, so far this thread has had lots of views but no replies. I'll try to get the ball rolling...Summit looks like it has a lot of promise. Summit was smart enough to see that Twilight might make a good movie. If nothing else, it's bringing the sage we love to life.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
AliceXxJasper
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceXxJasper »

Ok yes it has brought us twilight... but
I think summit entertainment is rushing it.
I dont know i just seem to think to its all going to fast, i mean new moon finished by november next year seems physically impossible.
Before we know it the twilight fandom is going to be over in the next couple of years with the speed it going.
I know we all wanna see the movies but i rather they spent some time on it to perfect it then it being rushed.
im sorry if im being pessimistic. I just want to see the movies done to the best the director can do.
im sorry but summit entertainment made over 200 million from twilight and now new moon has a 50 million budget.
Rob and kristen are both getting paid 12 million salary now so thats 24 million gone. You also have to pay for the other actors and actresses as well as all the animation in new moon as well as the trip to italy (if they include volterra.)
Team Jazz- Cause we all like a man in uniform
Team Alice- Cause she steals expensive cars :)
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

^^ @AliceXxJasper

Pattinson clarified it on several interviews that he is NOT getting paid $12Million, or 11, 10... he said so himself that people just make this up. I think he and Stewart are more worried about making the film good/better (higher expectations now because of Twilight) than how much they're getting paid :)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

I don't think it's being pessimistic to say Summit is rushing the movies. I agree with that. I would much rather they take their time and do it right than have them rush and muck it up. I know Summit is trying to cash in and get the movies out quickly before the audience gets bored but I don't think that would happen. I think I may be rambling a bit and repeating myself but you get the point.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ Exactly. Summit is underestimating our undying LOVE for these books. We will be patient and wait for a good movie and will not get tired of it anytime soon!!! LOL They SHOULDN'T RUSH it.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:^^^ Exactly. Summit is underestimating our undying LOVE for these books. We will be patient and wait for a good movie and will not get tired of it anytime soon!!! LOL They SHOULDN'T RUSH it.
They are 'hard-up' for cash. They don't give a flying #@*! about whether this thing is rushed or not, they just want cold, hard returns. Sad. You can't rush a great thing. Too much will end up on the cutting room floor and we'll end up with another crap movie.

New Moon is complex enough as it is and with it being the least likable of the books in the saga(personally, I love it and see great beauty in the midst of all of the pain), you have to create a script that ellicits that pain and shows the audience WHY Bella is hurting and show the wonder of a new relationship between Jacob & Bella, the phasing of the wolves, etc. You get the point.

We'll know when it comes out. *shrugs*
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I love Summit Entertainment.
I think regardless of anything and everything, they will always be the greedy little studio to us. I mean, that’s just a fact, all movie studios are greedy (Warner bros. is living proof) but I suppose it’s in their nature to be that way, since rolling in money is the a must with movie studios.
I adore that Summit wanted to bring Twilight to the big screen. I appreciate that they were willing to risk their money to make us something we love in a different medium and so far they succeeded just with trying to make the fans happy, because happy fans = money = happy fans with money spent at the theatre = happy fans with money spent at the theatre brings money in the bank hence the whole “rolling in money” thing.

and why does everyone think they are rushing it?
Honestly, the greatest of movies (harry potter) are done in less an year.
The reason twilight took so long to finish was that post-production, poor hardwicke had only one editor. To make New moon they can have several editors. Pre-production consists of 12 weeks for new moon. that's THREE months. I think that's enough time, i mean clearly the more time the better, but 12 weeks are fine. And then i am pretty sure they are going with a 50 day shoot for new moon as well, that's enough time as well. and since Kristen is 18 that's good, except we still have the jacob issue.
but all in all, i think the whole thing will work out smoothly and that Summit isn't rushing anything. Why would they want to rush something if it will turn out bad, their own money will be at risk. If anything, i think they want to take their time and secure their money.
It doesn't feel rushed, though time passes very fast these days.
AliceXxJasper
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceXxJasper »

switzgal wrote:^^^ Exactly. Summit is underestimating our undying LOVE for these books. We will be patient and wait for a good movie and will not get tired of it anytime soon!!! LOL They SHOULDN'T RUSH it.
I agree with this i mean have they seen how many twilight fans there are and how much we love these books. I think they just know that the fans will go to the movie whether its good or not because we are fans and thats what twilighters do
Team Jazz- Cause we all like a man in uniform
Team Alice- Cause she steals expensive cars :)
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

They should. We as fans might be patient enough to wait like Harry Potter, years and years between movies, but the average person isn't. The actors will age. Anyway with the SAG looming, you might just get your wish. Too bad the consequences will be so high.