General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Sam's Decisions

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Twilightlover101 wrote:I've always had mixed feelings about sam, and i didn't like the way he tried to force them to fight their friends in such a situation, but in saying so i do understand that he was just worried about protecting his family and friends but I still wish he dealt with the situation better.
I agree with you. Sam could have made a totally different dicision instead of jumping to conclussions. He could have confronted the Cullens and asked them what was going on or he could have asked for a meeting with all of the Cullens...there were just so many options out there that he could have made.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I don't really know if I like Sam or not. I don't like how he forced the others into accepting something so big, so fast. But, he also did help them when they pack members did phase for the first time. But, he also forced Jacob to keep just about the biggest secret of his life hidden from Bella. I don't see how it would have affected her any differentenly. She already knew that the Cullens were "cold ones" and for her to find out that the Quileutes are actually werewolves. It just doesn't make sense.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

I was not angry at Sam for his choiced, he ordered everyone not to tell anyone about the pack. So Jacob was under a blanket order he did not specifically tell him not to talk to her. Jacob had to avoid Bella because Sam was worried he would end up hurting her, the first 6 months-1 year are a dangerious time for a shape shifter because they are so easily angered and can transform like he did to Emily. It nearly killed him to hurt emily and he didn't want Jacob to be hurt like that, Bella to.

The order to kill the baby was not one he made lightly. Remember he got all his info from Jacob's memories. Jacob saw that the Cullens where confused and scared of what the baby might be, they were scared to lose Bella but Jacob could not see that, because of his bias against them. So Sam made a choice on bad information, happens all the time. Even if he had known they where just scared to lose Bella he would have made that same call, a newborn Bella is one thing, 7 other vampires can keep her in check, the baby is a unknown will the baby be a total monster uncontrolable or will it have some humanity in it. What if it escapes while they are trying to keep Bella alive? Its to many risk, I do not think he wanted to kill the Cullens, he would rather he could get past them, but invading their house to kill one of theirs he knew would start a fight so he had to think of that.

I like Sam, he has had a hard life and sometimes leaders have to be the bad guys by making the hard choices that we others could not.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
Leah™
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah™ »

Sam made choices that were right and just for his pack. They screwed over Jacob, Leah, and Seth in return, however. I don't blame Sam for his decisions, but I blame him for not seeing the whole truth. He had a vendetta against the vampires because it was in his blood. Not his heart/mind. But his blood. That was the reasons he changed.
"Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield. That was pretty ****ing ninja."
"This is so colossally retarded I can't even say anything."
Moonlit Sunlight

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

i think that when sam made his decisions he was thinking about his pack and about his tribe.... nobody had ever been faced with something like this before and he was scared just thinking about safety and his people.... i don't think he made the best decisions because he could have made better ones.... but i also don't blame him for reacting how he did. it was wrong but he was thinking about his family...sacrifice few for the good of the people.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think he is a little bit controlling on the rules the wolves of the pack can do and what they cant do it gets on my nerves..
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I think Sam is the male character I loath the most after Edward. I mean he is such a jerk :evil:
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic