1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?I really just think of Renee as a ditzy, airhead type. It would drive me nuts if my mom was that way; it would have made me want to move to Forks, too.
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?I got it all the first time and found myself having the same questions Bella did. I'm pretty sure I'm stubborn enough to have made Edward promise to explain himself later too.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?It seemed to be proof that he really, really loved his daughter, despite the years of distance.
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?Hello gorgeous? No, I'm kidding. I thought he was going to be a calming influence through the rest of the books, and he kind of was (though not literally, like Jasper).
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?I'm a freak and they intrigued me, even though I knew I should somehow be bothered by some of their exchanges.