General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
katee
Settled in Forks

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by katee »

twilight I am preaty sure twilight book cover represents the forbiden fruit. that fruit being bella
new moon I am not sure
eclips to me the thread represents bella being torn between jacob and edward, and the thread being riped apart is like her heart being riped in 2 different direction
Breaking dawn i read that the small pawn represents the week and vulnerable bella and the stong queen represents the new and powerfull bella
TeamCullenRocks
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullenRocks »

Twilight, of course, is the Forbidden Fruit, as all of you have said.

I know the cover had nothing to do with the series, New Moon, to me, means this:
Throughout Twilight, characters mentioned that Bella smelled "floral" in some way. Therefore, the flower on the front of New Moon would be Bella herself. And the flower seems to be splattered with blood, so to me that could represent her falling apart with the loss of her lover. (What do you guys think? Does that sound plausible?)

Eclipse's cover showed Bella's difficult choice between Edward and Jacob--her life was going in many different directions.

Breaking Dawn--Well, at first, it seemed, since it showed the queen on a chess board, that it would represent some very strategical decisions. Like the queen (Bella again, of course) was cornered (checkmate), and a wrong move could cost her and the ones she loves their lives. I don't know. That's what ran through my mind.
"It makes me... anxious... to be away from you."
-Edward, Twilight, p. 188
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I think;
Twilight - the forbidden fruit, like in the story of Adam and Eve, with Edward being forbidden
New Moon - The flower is Bella, and the red is Jacob, and the white is Edward, and they're both getting closer to her heart
Eclipse - Bella's choice between Edward and Jacob
BD - Bella's change from least important, to most important person

Not sure if this is right :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
pollypollypolly
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pollypollypolly »

I love how the Breaking Dawn cover represents Bella's growing strength in the book.
She becomes the queen rather than the delicate pawn, fantastic.
“This hostage stuff is fun.”

maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

AH! I absolutley love the covers!
With thier secret meanings and all...

I love how the covers are so memorible and they always stand out against other books..
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

maddy<3twilight wrote:I love how the covers are so memorible and they always stand out against other books..
When our school librarian asked us for recommendations for the display case, she asked for books with attention-grabbing covers, in bright colors. In the end all of the books' color schemes were orange or teal and none would catch your eye, except for the stark black cover with the red ribbon, looking like a solid rock in a sea reflecting the sun.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I only like Breaking Dawn's cover. I like the other covers, but they seem insignificant and kinda pointless. Like they have nothing to do with the books at all. But, I like the look of it all. So I guess I shouldn't say anything.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Legally Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Legally Bella »

The cover for Twilight I assumed had to do with temptation. Before the preface, it states; But of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest therof thou shalt surely die.. Genesis 2:17 I thought it represents the knowledge of good and evil and the choice Bella makes.

For New Moon, I never really guessed. Somebody mentioned a few posts earlier that it was Bella's ripped heart. I like that one and it fits.

In Eclipse, I think the split ribbon represents Bella's innocence.

I'm not really sure about Breaking Dawn except I thought the white queen represented Bella. I'm not sure about the red pawn though.
Legally Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Legally Bella »

The cover for Twilight I assumed had to do with temptation. Before the preface, it states; But of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest therof thou shalt surely die.. Genesis 2:17 I thought it represents the knowledge of good and evil and the choice Bella makes.

For New Moon, I never really guessed anything for it.

In Eclipse, I think the split ribbon represents Bella's innocence.

I'm not really sure about Breaking Dawn except I thought the white queen represented Bella. I'm not sure about the red pawn though.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

I'm just curious but if you could change any of the covers (perhaps for a reprint i dunno...or maybe a cover for a collected edition or something) or if you were going to pick something for the cover of Midnight Sun what would you like to see and why?