Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by soozabooza54 »

About A Boy is awesome. I netflixed it a while ago and can't make myself send it back! :)

TGC...*shudder*... just read the books eventually. They are awesome.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

I saw the last couple of scenes of ABOUT A BOY today. It is hard for me to watch at times - Hugh Grant reminds me of an old boyfriend. But it was funny and tender. New Moon has a lot of funny and tender scenes. I think we are going to be fine . . . . and you who know me, know what is coming next.
KEEP TAYLOR
TAYLOR IS JACOB
TEAM TAYCOB!!!!
Thank you for your indulgence.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^ Here, here! :) Team Taycob! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

I just want to run amok to all the forums shouting TEAM TAYCOB!!!!!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

JodeenSings wrote:I just want to run amok to all the forums shouting TEAM TAYCOB!!!!!
too much caffeine? hahhaa ;)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

does anyone know if Chris has read the books? Or how / where can we direct him too read them!!!
Becz
Settled in Forks

Post by Becz »

Hey All,

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in... I honestly have a slight problem because every time I think Chris Weitz all I can picture is American Pie :lol:
I did quite enjoy TGC and thought he did a good job of directing, however I would prefer to sit down with the book. With that aside I hope he does New Moon justice because its my favorite book purely because of Jacob. So he better keep Taylor, otherwise I'll join the army mentioned previously that are willing to hunt down Weitz.

Like most I'm scared about the change in directors, I personally think Catherine has a very unique style of directing, and wether you have seen many of her movies or not you will notice that something is different between twilight and New Moon. Just look how Harry Potter changed between 2 & 3, the third Harry Potter was terrible compared to two, and 3 was my favorite book, so I'm little nervous, though excited none the less, so maybe slightly confused, where's Jasper to make sense of my emotions when I need him? :lol:

Ok I'm done babbling and pretty sure I contributed to more then 2 cents, whoops my bad :D
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

^I completely agree about the noticing of different directors. I was just watching... What was it. Oh, I was watching HP 3 & 4 a week or two before Christmas and there was a definite feel. Just little things were different, like the look of the dementors, the location of the Gryffindor common room (and the Fat Lady), and even the Death Eater masks were different. Ugh. I have a habit of picking at little things like that.

I'm beginning to have a little faith in Chris. Not for any particular reason. I think I'm just too excited to be too afraid anymore. And 'anymore' happened like...in the span of one day. xD My opinions can change quickly.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

ugh I hate this. Why does everyone think Chris owes us something? like, if he doesn't do new moon in this perfect, stylish way, then he needs to be trashed. (that's not towards anyone in particular, just a vent towards posts i've read in the past weeks) I feel bad for him, i love Chris, i think he's an amazing director, actually no, he's a multitalented person. He's a scriptwriter, producer and director and am sure other things.

His script for the golden compass was the most truest and best out of the three that were written (he wrote the script for the golden compass), until new line tampered with it. He wrote and directed about a boy (although i haven't watched the movie) i heard it won or was nominated for "best screenplay adaptation".

I recently watched the golden compass, and it's a fantastic movie. I really loved it. The directing was just wow and the colours and angles...beautiful. The ending was an annoyance but that's not Chris's fault, but i don't care either way. I haven't read his dark materials, i plan to soon though. Actually, i take that back, it's not an annoyance, well, it annoys you because you just want to find out what happens next.

One thing i really hoped for that he would be the one to write the script for new moon. I am sure he is capable of staying true to the book than that Rosenburg woman. Considering his past scriptwork, i wish he would write the script for new moon.

at any rate, i am excited to see what he does with new moon regardless of everything. He is a very promising director.

and the harry potter films, well PoA is my favourite so far, i love it (HBP will be my favourite <3333). I didn't really notice much difference between the movies, i don't pay much attention to little details.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

malaz wrote:ugh I hate this. Why does everyone think Chris owes us something? like, if he doesn't do new moon in this perfect, stylish way, then he needs to be trashed. (that's not towards anyone in particular, just a vent towards posts i've read in the past weeks) I feel bad for him, i love Chris, i think he's an amazing director, actually no, he's a multitalented person. He's a scriptwriter, producer and director and am sure other things.

His script for the golden compass was the most truest and best out of the three that were written (he wrote the script for the golden compass), until new line tampered with it. He wrote and directed about a boy (although i haven't watched the movie) i heard it won or was nominated for "best screenplay adaptation".

I recently watched the golden compass, and it's a fantastic movie. I really loved it. The directing was just wow and the colours and angles...beautiful. The ending was an annoyance but that's not Chris's fault, but i don't care either way. I haven't read his dark materials, i plan to soon though. Actually, i take that back, it's not an annoyance, well, it annoys you because you just want to find out what happens next.

One thing i really hoped for that he would be the one to write the script for new moon. I am sure he is capable of staying true to the book than that Rosenburg woman. Considering his past scriptwork, i wish he would write the script for new moon.

at any rate, i am excited to see what he does with new moon regardless of everything. He is a very promising director.

and the harry potter films, well PoA is my favourite so far, i love it (HBP will be my favourite <3333). I didn't really notice much difference between the movies, i don't pay much attention to little details.
I think Chris is an excellent director, and I agree the Golden Compass is a wonderful move, as is About a Boy. I wish he was writing the script! Rosenberg is the one who I hold responsible for the movie being not so good....
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX