Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

CG: I liked learning about the returning of the hunter's soul the way I did in Kyrian's book. It was romantic and scary. If I'd known about it before I read it in Kyrian's book, I would have felt differently.

Also, I like how all the way up to Alexion's book we have seen glimpses into Ash & Artemis' relationship. It builds interest and mystery. Now thanks to that one short story I know a lot more than I did...unfortunately so. I don't enjoy having it laid out for me so early.

I like it more Ocean's 11 style. I want to see it happen and enjoy it as it happens. Later, you can tell me how it all unfolded and why.

Where was "In the Beginning" listed?

I would enjoy the short stories more if I knew they weren't spoilerish.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm a over a quarter of the way through Wulf's book, hubby is bugging me to leave for dinner but I had to check in! Is it just me or does the timeline of Wulf's book overlap Talons? Did you guys find that a little confusing? Maybe it will make more sense as I continue - just thought I'd pop in with my current progress!

I'm back to reading!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Talon's and Wulf's books not only overlap, but are occurring at the same time. I thought the phone call at the beginning of both books was really cool. I enjoyed reading both sides of the same conversation. Also, the books let you know that things are happening every where and not just in New Orleans.

The end of Wulf's book is really nice.

I will read Dragonswan tonight. I read part of it last night. I take it that Sebastion is Vane's brother, right?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

So far I find it really interesting. It really adds to the complexity of Ash's job. To think while he is doing and handling what we already know that happened in New Orleans, this is going on at the same time somewhere else.

This series is just getting better and better in each book to me.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I hate to say it, but I TOLD YOU SO! I begged everyone to read them. Some people (spoon and cherryknots) aren't bending to my will fast enough. Hahahaha
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:CG: I liked learning about the returning of the hunter's soul the way I did in Kyrian's book. It was romantic and scary. If I'd known about it before I read it in Kyrian's book, I would have felt differently.

Also, I like how all the way up to Alexion's book we have seen glimpses into Ash & Artemis' relationship. It builds interest and mystery. Now thanks to that one short story I know a lot more than I did...unfortunately so. I don't enjoy having it laid out for me so early.
I completely understand how you feel. I dunno, I didn't think it was so clear cut. After the reading the end of Talon's book, I still don't think Ash and Artemis' relationship is clear and layed out. There's a reason why he's almost the last book of the DH. According to the ebooks, this was listed as DH 2 and Dragonswan was listed as DH 3. Vane isn't even mentioned in Dragonswan, not that I recall at least.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Hi all,
Sebastian (Dragonswan, aka DH2) isn't Vane's brother. Vane has Fang and another one (honestly, all these brothers, sisters, half-brothers, cousins - I'm going to need a family tree soon!)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Katalakis is what I was going by. Thanks, Di.

Kenyon doesn't even mention "In the Beginning" on her website. The reading list I copied came directly from www.sherrilynkenyon.com

It has to be a part of an anthology,the guide, or something. Where did it originate?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

Goodness, please don't confuse me further. Unlike usual, I'm so under the warring influences of cold and medicine - it doesn't take much to throw me off. However, I'm over a quarter of the way into Brides book. *Sigh* I'm thoroughly loving Vane - he has such a sense of honor and duty and loyalty. I think GNE is right - Bride and I have way too much in common. I'm glad that she and I are not look a likes, otherwise it would be WAY awkward. However, the humor is priceless - some of Bride and Vane's banter I've read to Hubby - he agrees.

Nima, I'm out of the office until Jan 3rd - but send them! I'll eagerly read them. I have Dragonswan from the library and will read it when I finish Bride's book since that's all I have currently. Then I have the next three Nightworld books and two (or four) anthologies to read. The library loves me. :D
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Una, I love Vane's book too although my heart belongs to Zarek. Any man who is hot and still loves a woman for what she's worth and not what she looks like makes me go all mush inside. Humors good too. I love to laugh. :lol:

Ok, I'm bowing down to the GNE. She was so right about this series.