Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks, CG. That's awesome. For you -> video.

Variety: I'd love to smell that hot lemonade, but I don't know if I could drink it. I'm imagining theraflu.

Poor Una!! I hope you feel better soon.

It's awful being sick during vacation, but it's a bit better than being sick during work. At least you can fully rest without having work hanging over your head.

What time should we start the NYE festivities?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

GNE- I love that song! I'm sure it'll be stuck in my head when I get to the Outlander series.

LOL, I thought of thermaflu too when Variety talked about hot lemonade!

Una- You are welcome! I'm glad that brightened up your day.

I'm trying to research about laptops. I'd like to buy myself one for the New Year. I think I deserve it. My head is spinning from reading the Dell website. I think I may have to check out the Consumer Report or PC Magazine to get a better grip on these things. Anyone have any tips or laptops they love? I'm really looking for one that I can do basic operations: word processing, burn cds, internet surfing, etc. I don't care about the games and other hoop-la. The basic, the better, is what I say.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Ah, CG and GNE - thank you for the 80's videos... getting us ready for New Year's Eve? Hubby and I think we *may* be going out with his cousins, but not so sure. We have a babysitter lined up, but if it's just the two of us... We'll probably just stay home. I like to watch the ball drop, so I don't mind waiting until just after midnight EST to get together - that would be before the New Year for a lot of you out there...

QOTD: It depends what kind of sick... If it's bad head cold - tea is about the only thing I like.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Okay, so I've got the karaoke and virtual drinks - CG will be our video DJ (do they still call them VJs on TV still? This is Gen X - the one place I can say "VJ" and people will know what I'm talking about!). If spookybell is correct, then a bunch of us could remotely hook up our Wii machines and play (in Wii Fit, I realize I have terrible balance and need to do a lot more yoga - but I shaved 9 years off my Wii Fit Age today!) If anyone knows how, let me know! Christina, EB Games is a genius company - the way they hold their miniatures tournaments and various events keeps people in and keeps them buying. I'll have my headphones at the ready too.
We can start 11:30 EST (my time) and I don't mind holding on until Central or Pacific to celebrate the various New Years with the Lex Pals.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

We're only 5 pages away from our third Gen X thread. When we get closer remind Nena that it's Gen X and not Gex X. LOL Although I kinda like "GEX."

I thought of our dear thread yesterday when watching the Hottest Hotties of the 90's. Ethan Hawke was described as the hottie representing the Gen X crowd in Reality Bites. I laughed.

QOTD: What female and male actors do you think represented us in the 90's?

Female: Winona Ryder Read the mini-biography. Very interesting.
Male: Matthew Perry

Oh, and I think the movie, Singles, was the epitome of Generation X. I watched it again a few weeks ago. I loved seeing Alice in Chains and Soundgarden perform. I always squee when Cliff is in the diner with Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell. Squee!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Female: Bridget Fonda
Male: John Cusack

A movie I thought epitomized the 90's was Reality Bites.

P.S. Hubby helped me...the only movie I could think of was Gross Pointe Blank and I think that is more of the most nostalgic movie for us.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

GNE your taste in movies is impeccable. I LOVE Singles and I also squee when Cliff is with Eddie and the boys in the diner.

una, Reality Bites is also in my top ten movies of the 90s. My roommates and I used to watch it so much in college that we almost had it memorized.

Sigh. I have had a thing for Eddie Vedder for the past 16 years. He just gets better with age.

I downloaded The Best of Rick Astley last week and can't seem to stop listening to Never Gonna Give You Up. I think i'm broken.

So NYE...while I can't join in on the Wii fest (unless i hijack my brother's which so won't happen) count me in for the rest of the party. I'll run out and buy some Grey Goose and rescind on my promise not to drink until my friend comes back safely from Afghanistan. Uhm, maybe i shouldn't...I'll load up on diet lemonade and get buzzed on the aspertame!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I love Singles. It's perfect. Reality Bites is really good, too. It has a different vibe. Then again, it's Cameron Crowe, and he's a god.

I have more questions to ask, but maybe I will save them for another day.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Alrighty, I'm going to be slapped with raw bacon, but I'm gonna say it anyway:

Winnoa Ryder gets on my nerves. She always has since the time I saw her in Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and don't get me started with Little Women.
Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:We're only 5 pages away from our third Gen X thread. When we get closer remind Nena that it's Gen X and not Gex X. LOL Although I kinda like "GEX."

I thought of our dear thread yesterday when watching the Hottest Hotties of the 90's. Ethan Hawke was described as the hottie representing the Gen X crowd in Reality Bites. I laughed.
Ewww. I couldn't stop cringing when I saw that movie. I just wanted to push him into a shower. He looked so greasy!

Female: Jennifer Aniston
Male: George Clooney

I don't remember Singles. Is that the one with Eric Stolz?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

cullengirl wrote:I don't remember Singles. Is that the one with Eric Stolz?
CG - I'm so sad! I guess you are the 80s girl, not 90s! Singles had the best soundtrack. It took place in Seattle and it was about a group of singles, all trying to make it. Hmmm.. There was Matt Dillon, Bridget Fonda, Kyra Sydrick (can't spell her name, sorry), um, who else? Cameron Crowe. Go get it now!

Actors of the 90's: I have to agree with the cast of Friends vibe! (Does that include Tom Selleck :lol: )
Hmm... I'm sure I could think of more, but I'm too tired... It's midnight. Time for bed.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!