General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Bruises

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I think it's almost 100% certainty that the bruises were from Edward. Even if Jacob had bruised her at the wedding it would be nothing to the bruises covering Bella after the first night of the honeymoon. Jacob bruises or not, Edward would still be tormented by what happened.

This particular aspect of the saga is one that is brought up time and again by critics. They are disturbed by the fact that Bella gets bruised and then just brushes it off as if nothing had happened. How do/would you respond to such criticism?

My own reaction was kind of horrified, kind of thinking like it was "too far". But I suppose it was realistic. It's just not possible for a human and vampire to mate without the human coming out damaged somehow. The first time anyway. And I know Edward was horrified so it's not like a "he's abusive" charge. Haha...that's the last thing Edward is! I think I was more bothered by Bella's reaction, like it really was no big deal. I mean, granted, I've never had Edward so maybe I'd react exactly like Bella, but I know in a normal situation I'd be absolutely horrified. I suppose I wish Bella had taken it a bit more seriously. Like "Geez, I better be more cautious about this next time..." and not so casually dismissed it.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Cymbrelynn wrote: My own reaction was kind of horrified, kind of thinking like it was "too far". But I suppose it was realistic. It's just not possible for a human and vampire to mate without the human coming out damaged somehow. The first time anyway. And I know Edward was horrified so it's not like a "he's abusive" charge. Haha...that's the last thing Edward is! I think I was more bothered by Bella's reaction, like it really was no big deal. I mean, granted, I've never had Edward so maybe I'd react exactly like Bella, but I know in a normal situation I'd be absolutely horrified. I suppose I wish Bella had taken it a bit more seriously. Like "Geez, I better be more cautious about this next time..." and not so casually dismissed it.
Yes, but she dismissed it because she had felt none of the pain behind it. She couldn't understand where they came from because all she felt was the pleasure. She remembered Edward holding her tight but at the time it was exactly what she wanted him to do.

Her pleasure sensors far outweighed her pain sensors, enabling the bruises. SO, why should she feel badly or "horrified" by bruises she didn't even know were there until they were brought to her attention by her loving, adorable, sexy and over-protective husband who put them there? I would have laughed too if it came from that source, cuz I knew that no malice was involved.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I am sure that the bruises where from Edward, because if they were from Jacob, Bella would have noticed in the shower. Or Edward would have noticed at some point, because he has good sight, so he wouldn't have missed it.

Although, it's strange how Jacob didn't leave any marks on Bella. :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

duh bella got bruises!!!! they werent given to her in a malicious way so i dont see the problem with them. it is realistic. and she finally got what she had been waiting sooo long for and to her it was perfect she had no reason to complain and when she did notice them she DEFF. didnt want edward to feel any worse so no way she would say anything. Also, steph said she had to tone it down when it was dubbed a "teen" book so who knows what really happened. and for all the critics of their "desperate need for sex" THEY ARE TEENAGERS!! name some who dont have raging hormones!!!!!
lambcullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by lambcullen »

i wouldn t complain about Edward Cullen giving me bruises :oops:
Hugs
Stacey
xxxx

Stephii58
Settled in Forks

Post by Stephii58 »

When i first read that part, I thought they were from jacob. But then as I kept reading I realized they were from edward. Maybe some of them were from jacob, but I think they were mostly from edward.
nightmarecrow02
Settled in Forks

Post by nightmarecrow02 »

I actually thought about that when I read the books
Zina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zina »

The thought that Jacob may have given Bella the bruises never crossed my mind.
It is an interesting thought, however I do believe the bruises were the result of the night before with Edward. Nothing more
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Wouldn't she have noticed it beforehand if they were from Jacob? And what would Jacob have done to inflict THAT many bruises on her? And like previously stated, Edward would have seen!
ImageImage
E<3B
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Wouldn't she have noticed it beforehand if they were from Jacob? And what would Jacob have done to inflict THAT many bruises on her? And like previously stated, Edward would have seen!
ImageImage
E<3B