How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: How do you talk?

Post by BeautifulVeins »

I know!! I think lots of New Zealanders talk super fast and squash all of their vowel sounds together.
And heaps of Maori language is just slipped into everyday conversation like Kia ora and Puku.
:] Does anyone here watch Flight of the Concords? That pretty much what I sound like.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

lol me too! i love flight of the conchords
yeah--my mum complains i slur my words
i dont talk in maori much--slip random french words in though like merci, tres, peutetre
thats what learning french does to you
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I tend to speak very fast, so that others always tell me to slow down because no one understood me! It's silly, but I can't help it
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I suppose I speak with my New Yorker accent, but I never really notice it unless I go out of state or upstate. Even so, it's not a very heavy accent. I have lived in New York all my life, yes, but I'm weird and hate improper grammar. I always like to - try - to speak correctly, so when I do speak, I don't always sound like a New Yorker. :lol: It might just be because I'm used to hearing myself, haha. I talk too much. :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

I have a light Boston accent. I live far enough away from the city that it's not as strong. I do say wicked. I have to catch myself to keep from typing it. Also, the r sounds don't always come through. We also have grinders (submarine sandwiches) and frapes (milkshakes without malt)
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

Hahah there was this little girl at the fair who was sitting in front of me on a ride, and she was talking to me and stuff.
And so when the ride is over we get off and shes like, THAT WAS WICKED. It was funnny.

I was wondering, alot of girls think that accents are hot, especially British ones and stuff. So do British people think American accents are hot, or are they like, ew look its an American.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
jamielikewhoa
Wandering Through Town

Post by jamielikewhoa »

Pel wrote:\

i hate the new york accent it is sooooo innoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o I'm a New Yorker (Brooklyn whoop whoop) thats so funny and hurtful at the same time lol. Do we really talk that annoyingly? I drag out my words just a little, and everyone always tells me that they love my voice. My voice is in that grey area between deep and high...its medium i guess.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I am from MN, but I lived inTexas for a couple years, so I do once and a while, or my friends say once and a while that I have a curve when I talk. Otherwise, I talk really fast. I also, like all of my friends, pronounce my "O"'s very loud a clear.
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

^Oh yeah my German teacher was talking about how Minnesotians or whatever pronounce their O's like that.
Cause thats how you are supposed to pronounce them in German, or the O's that have the little thingy over them...I can't remember, it was a while ago.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

Well, I don't really have an accent. But I suppose I talk a bit surfer-ish, I blame my best guyfriend for that, aw well he is rad anyway ;)
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"