Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by shygirl1 »

Does anyone know if Chris has read the series!? If he has not then I am worried but if he has then he might be able to pull it off.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

I watched About A Boy yesterday again, and it made me even happier to know he's in charge of New Moon.
I cannot wait to see what he does. I know it's gonna be amazing.
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

I will admit when i first heard that CW was directing NM and that he had been the director of GC i was ready to grab my pitchfork there and then but after reading earlier posts that it was Studio meddling which caused the travesty that was GC i relaxed slightly and considering what people have said about how he did originally film GC close to the book i feel ok about him doing NM. GC was a pretty epic film (if you ignore the hideous plot snarls) so i think CW will do well at getting the SFX right and if we're really REALLY lucky someone will accidentally burn all copies of Rosenburg's script and CW will redo it himself keeping it as close to the book as he can manage.
Hopefully the effects people will remember the distinction between the "werewolves" in NM which technically are shapeshifters and not actual werewolves . They should not look human in any way except maybe making the eyes look intelligent if they can but other than that they should just look like rather large wolves.
Someone said earlier that NM should be more action-packed frankly i think it should be the opposite for the most part of the book its all about the emotions that Bella is feeling and her relationship with Jake- its only towards the end where there is some action. It would be awesome if they could wangle the budget to allow for location work in Italy for the Volturi stuff cos otherwise they've gotta try and recreate realistic looking sets in a studio or digitally put in Italian looking buildings over the top of footage filmed in America.
right i've been rambling on for far too long now i shall cease my babble
p.s. TAYLOR FOR JACOB!!!
done now :D
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

What I am concerned about is Summit meddling in this movie and wanting third-rate quality just to get a movie in the theater for the fans that they think would take any piece of crap they dole out with the New Moon moniker.

I hope the fans everywhere make themselves heard & known that WE want New Moon realized with the in which it was written.

We'll see.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

LadyViolet -
I think it was me who said that NEW MOON ought to be more action packed. I guess I thought that Jasper attack, bloody stitches, cliff diving, motorcycles, hurling (that's some action for Mike, right?), wolves in the meadow (although Bella doesn't see that, Jacob recounts it), "fursplosions", Victoria, Bella's cannonball, near drowning, jacob/Baywatch rescue, flight to Italy, stealing cars, running through the Piazza, Volterra Vampire smorgasboard . . . all that seemed like a bit more action than Twilight.
But I also said that I want the right balance between action and actors developing character through dialog. The thing I loved most about Twilight was the banter between Bells and Jake, how they joked about who was "older" - now if that is missing from the script I will be marching with a pitchfork in one hand and a torch in the other (two in each hand if I can manage it!)
That being said, I think CW is the guy to do this. And hopefully he understands that the wolves are more shapeshifters than your typical werewolf.
And for the record . . . . wait . . . here it comes . .. .
TEAM TAYCOB!!!!! TAYLOR IS JACOB!!!!!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

OK fair does there is more crazy stuff going on its just all the emotional stuff sticks in my head better as long as CW doesn't sacrifice those parts in favour of lots of action i shall keep my pitchfork to myself :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

All i hope is that CW isnt a dummie and sticks to the story line. I am team edward 100 percent but i think that more edward would be over selling the "edward cullen" persona and a lie to the book... make it new but keep it true.

LOVE CAM
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I hope they let Chris have a say in some of the storyline but unfortunately the screenplay was written before he signed on...
estela
Settled in Forks

Post by estela »

shygirl1 wrote:Does anyone know if Chris has read the series!? If he has not then I am worried but if he has then he might be able to pull it off.
I think he said he read them, if not he's in the process
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

JenJen2112 wrote:I hope they let Chris have a say in some of the storyline but unfortunately the screenplay was written before he signed on...
Don't the director have any say at all regarding the script? I mean, I think they're allowed to make tiny changes...right? :?:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..