Boarding School

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mz.cullenn
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Boarding School

Post by mz.cullenn »

Boarding school sounds alright. I'd like to go to one but I love my family and friends and just home in particular to much to leave. If it was Boarding school in another country though and it was temporary (Like 2 months or something like that) I'd leave in a heartbeat. I really want to experience life in another country. I'm considering doing Student Exchange one day, just for a little while.
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

JasperRocks3000 wrote:It sounds cool to me . I'm homeschooled so its really boring because I don't like being at home . but I couldn't deal with being constantly surrounded by nothing but girls . I've always fitted in better with the guys . I mean i get along with girls okay . I just get along with guys too . so I guess if it was Mixed gender with internet access I would love to go . Mom wouldn't let me go though .
I've considered homeschool, but then theres that downfall where you're near your family 24/7. What's homeschool like? Does your mum teach you, or does she hire a tutor or something? I can never imagine my mum teaching me. She can't even spell 'R.E.F.R.I.D.G.E.R.A.T.O.R' (I think thats how you spell it :P)

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

My mom teaches me but theres programs where you have a video tutor that tapes the lessons so you can watch them when you get to that lesson . Homeschooling does have it's downfalls 1the lex and church are where I get the majority of contact with people from outside my family .
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

was thinking going up to NYC for senior year to go to a borading school.. ya know to make good connections for my futre (i'm hoping) in fashion design and textiles...
or a borading school in pairs.
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

JasperRocks3000 wrote:My mom teaches me but theres programs where you have a video tutor that tapes the lessons so you can watch them when you get to that lesson . Homeschooling does have it's downfalls 1the lex and church are where I get the majority of contact with people from outside my family .
Wow, your mum must be very intelligent ^_^ Unlike my mother.....

Whats wrong with the lex?? Aren't you allowed on it??? Do you get lunch breaks??? Aren't you allowed outside of your house, during home school hours??? Do you get to stay in your Pajamas???? Do you have to call her Miss???

Sorry for these questions, it just makes me curious. :P
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

Miista Cullen wrote:I've considered homeschool, but then theres that downfall where you're near your family 24/7. What's homeschool like? Does your mum teach you, or does she hire a tutor or something? I can never imagine my mum teaching me. She can't even spell 'R.E.F.R.I.D.G.E.R.A.T.O.R' (I think thats how you spell it :P)

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
LOL! My mum couldn't spell 'volume' the other day. =/
I'm homeschooled. It's great. My mum doesn't teach me though. I have teachers. I can call, E-mail, or go see them. They send me one booklet per subject, per week. All I do is fill it out and send it back.
Easy as.
There is the part about being with my mum all day every day...
I just spend a lot of time in my room. =) Or I go to he libray or something.

Boarding school has always appealed to me. I used to LOVE going away on camps.
I think maybe because they're a change of scenery.
I don't kow much about them, but have always been infatuated.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

I've had friends that were home-schooled and they've all faired much better than me academically but I couldn't handle it.

Ever since Harry Potter I've wanted to go to boarding school. Which, I realize, is a ridiculous misinterpretation/conception but I guess it's like hoping your hot chem lab partner is a vampire *shifty eyes*.

I think I'd enjoy taking a whack at it.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I'm applying for a boarding-school type school. It's an "elite public school," so you have to be accepted, but you live on campus. I'm really excited and hope I get in! :) Here's a link to it...

http://www.lsmsa.edu
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee