Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Bizarre Star »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Ha ha :lol: thanks Bizarre Star I feel so special!! Yay! Today is a good day. :D

^_~ You're welcome!
BellaJen wrote:Hello! Can I pop in here and say hi? *waves*

For those who don't know me, I'm Jen, I'm a 24 year old married mom of 2 kiddos! :) I saw this thread, and thought I'd stop by and say hello!

I'm 24, but most days feel 100 :lol: . Kids, work, school will wear ya out!

I look forward to chatting with everyone!
Eek! I can barely handle a full time job and school. I don't know how I would manage if I had kids on top of that.
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

Lizzie wrote:I'm 21 - AND my boyfriend, who is 21 as well, saw the Twilight trailer recently and said "Uh, that looks cool. Let's watch that movie together..." and I was like "WHAT?? Seriously??" (he usually is more the "action movie without plot"-type).
He didn't read the books, though. Maybe, one day...
LOL my boyfriend said the same thing when he saw the trailer. He hasn't read the books either. Me on the other hand read them many times :D when I read a chapter he's like what happen. Trying to get him to read them.
Well I'm 21 and he's going on 24.
BellaJen
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaJen »

Bizarre Star wrote: Eek! I can barely handle a full time job and school. I don't know how I would manage if I had kids on top of that.
LOL yes, somedays I wonder how I am even functioning! It's o.k. I wouldn't change it for anything! It's fun, and busy, and I love it!
Nessa645 wrote:
LOL my boyfriend said the same thing when he saw the trailer. He hasn't read the books either. Me on the other hand read them many times :D when I read a chapter he's like what happen. Trying to get him to read them.
Well I'm 21 and he's going on 24.
Wow! See, my husband hasn't seen the trailer. And I just told him to watch and he said "Um no. I don't want to watch your vampire boyfriend. I don't want to see Forks, or his Volvo. No, I don't want to hear how hot Cedric whatever is, or how you wish you were that chick who he loves, Bella or whatever."

:lol: I'm DYING. I'm dying even more that he hasn't read them, seen the movies, NOTHING but knows all of the above because of how much I talk about it. Oh man, good times. :lol: :lol:
We've got your back, Stephenie!
Nessa645

Post by Nessa645 »

BellaJen wrote:
Wow! See, my husband hasn't seen the trailer. And I just told him to watch and he said "Um no. I don't want to watch your vampire boyfriend. I don't want to see Forks, or his Volvo. No, I don't want to hear how hot Cedric whatever is, or how you wish you were that chick who he loves, Bella or whatever."

:lol: I'm DYING. I'm dying even more that he hasn't read them, seen the movies, NOTHING but knows all of the above because of how much I talk about it. Oh man, good times. :lol: :lol:

The only thing my boyfriends says is how can you read so much and the same books so many times. I'm like hey if it's good I'll just keep reading and reading. I want him to read them but he's not really into reading books. He's just asks about them. I give him like chapter by chapter summary.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Nessa645 wrote:The only thing my boyfriends says is how can you read so much and the same books so many times. I'm like hey if it's good I'll just keep reading and reading. I want him to read them but he's not really into reading books. He's just asks about them. I give him like chapter by chapter summary.
It's the same exact way for me. My boyfriend doesn't exactly understand why or how I read the same books over and over again, mainly the Twilight saga, and I'm pretty sure it's because he's jealous of Edward. He honestly gets angry over my swooning--but I tell him, "Jeez love! He's a fictional character! It's not like it's some guy who works at the grocery store that I'm kind of falling in love with and parading around in front of you to make you mad!" and that usually shuts him up. But, despite his Edward hatred (envy?) he always asks me, every 20 minutes or so, what's going on in the book, how it's panning out. He used to be entirely disinterested....so I can tell that something has sparked!! And he IS going to the movie premiere with me!! :lol:
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I don't even know if I am generation Y.... I think I might be too old? Is 26 too old for the Gen Y? But anyways, I know exactly what you all are saying about getting boyfriends to read the book. My boyfriend is defintely going to the Twilight premier with me but he says he "doesn't read". Haha, so I'm going to get him the book on tape. Then he'll have no choice lol
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Nessa645

Post by Nessa645 »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I don't even know if I am generation Y.... I think I might be too old? Is 26 too old for the Gen Y? But anyways, I know exactly what you all are saying about getting boyfriends to read the book. My boyfriend is defintely going to the Twilight premier with me but he says he "doesn't read". Haha, so I'm going to get him the book on tape. Then he'll have no choice lol
lol the book on tape sounds like a good idea. Hmmmm maybe I'll do that also.
meganleann
Settled in Forks

Post by meganleann »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I don't even know if I am generation Y.... I think I might be too old? Is 26 too old for the Gen Y? But anyways, I know exactly what you all are saying about getting boyfriends to read the book. My boyfriend is defintely going to the Twilight premier with me but he says he "doesn't read". Haha, so I'm going to get him the book on tape. Then he'll have no choice lol
I tried to con my man into that one... he didn't go for it. He claims he started reading the book, and then admitted that he didn't get past the preface!

But the movie is a different story all together... ;)

Oh! And I'm 21 and have never been infatuated with a book series until I started reading the Twilight books. It just sucks you in!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi...I'll be coming here to try and get to know everyone and I jsut wanted to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jen, I live in Salt Lake City, UT, I am 23 and I just got married in July. I will be moving in October to Bakersfield, which bums me a little because I have lived in Salt Lake all of my life minus 4 months. No kids, but I have a pug, Mr.Jiggles, who is like a kid, but all wrapped up in fur. I am working on a BS in Political Science, but I don't think I will ever really use it in real life. Right now I am trying to decide if I want continue to pursue acting as a career, or if I want to be "responsible" and get a real job.

If you want to chat, PM me, and I hope to get to know y'all a little better here!

Oh yeah...I love me some Edward!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

awesomejen1 wrote:I just wanted to pop in and say Hi...I'll be coming here to try and get to know everyone and I jsut wanted to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jen, I live in Salt Lake City, UT, I am 23 and I just got married in July. I will be moving in October to Bakersfield, which bums me a little because I have lived in Salt Lake all of my life minus 4 months. No kids, but I have a pug, Mr.Jiggles, who is like a kid, but all wrapped up in fur. I am working on a BS in Political Science, but I don't think I will ever really use it in real life. Right now I am trying to decide if I want continue to pursue acting as a career, or if I want to be "responsible" and get a real job.

If you want to chat, PM me, and I hope to get to know y'all a little better here!

Oh yeah...I love me some Edward!

Hya Jen, congrats on your wedding. I'm always with surprise when some marriages near my age (22). I do not feel ready yet :oops: (hope you get this right: this is no judgement, thats just how I feel for myself...)

cya -meteor
Last edited by waiting for a meteor on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider