General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jasper's Response to Bella's Change

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I felt really bad for Jasper. He had so much trouble with being a newborn and Bella acted as if she had been a vampire for many years. I think he felt so useless all the time or as if he was causing the others trouble.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

I felt bad for Jasper, but I don't think he should have reacted that way. He drank human's blood for like 100 years so of course it would be harder for him than for any of the other Cullens to survive from animal's blood. Bella always knew that to stay with Edward she would have to drink animal's blood, so humans were never an option for her.
I was surprised by how he reacted. He should have known that Bella would be different from the other newborns he used to relate with.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

"He's tired of being the weakest link"

It would have been hard for him to accept how easy it is for her, as he has been on the veggie diet
for much longer, and still has problems
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I think Jasper's response to Bella's change was exactly like mine. I mean having Bella become a vamp and master it so easily screams cop-out
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Well clearly Jasper is insanely frustrated and confused by Bella's "easy" transition since (based on Bella's birthday party alone), Jasper still has no control over himself when there is human blood near him

I completely understood his reaction--it's not anger with her it's anger with himself...it was obviously going to be harder for him, but it would have been a little easier to handle if Bella had struggled AT ALL which she definitely did not

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
gossipgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by gossipgirl »

leahroselover wrote:I think Jasper's response to Bella's change was exactly like mine. I mean having Bella become a vamp and master it so easily screams cop-out
Wasn't it mentioned that it was a gift/talent that Bella was able to control herself? Like Edward's reading minds, Alice's seeing the future, etc?
I don't need a knight in shining armor. I'd settle for a vampire in a silver Volvo.
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

gossipgirl wrote:
leahroselover wrote:I think Jasper's response to Bella's change was exactly like mine. I mean having Bella become a vamp and master it so easily screams cop-out
Wasn't it mentioned that it was a gift/talent that Bella was able to control herself? Like Edward's reading minds, Alice's seeing the future, etc?
Her gift was her magic shield
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:I felt bad for Jasper, but I don't think he should have reacted that way. He drank human's blood for like 100 years so of course it would be harder for him than for any of the other Cullens to survive from animal's blood. Bella always knew that to stay with Edward she would have to drink animal's blood, so humans were never an option for her.
I was surprised by how he reacted. He should have known that Bella would be different from the other newborns he used to relate with.
I agree with that, except for the ending. I wasn't really surprised by how he reacted... shown through his bet with Emmett, Jasper obviously hoped that Bella would have a hard time adjusting. He is definitely tired of being the "weakest link" and even though it was a slim chance that Bella was going to be especially bloodthirsty, I can see why he would react the way he did. And besides, Bella's control was a complete and total surprise. Even if Jasper imagined that she eventually would gain better control than him, he was still counting on those crazy newborn years-- and they didn't even happen.

But still, like you said, he drank human blood for 100 years and that would make it harder for him to survive on animal's blood.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
alicewhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by alicewhitlock »

Not really. I mean he was around new born vampires for quite some time. He said they were all blood thirsty and having problems controling their emotions. When he finds Bella hardly having any trouble he should be shocked. He was also kind of upset becouse Bella resisted human blood while she was hunting while he barley can. I would be upset and shoken too.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I gotta say, I loved his reaction. I loved how their relationship developed because he was drawn to her happiness. So cute!
ImageImageImageImageImage