Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceXxJasper
Settled in Forks

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by AliceXxJasper »

Lol mostly i just want them to make a great movie (better than twilight) which stays close to the book and isnt rushed :D is that too much to ask :)
Team Jazz- Cause we all like a man in uniform
Team Alice- Cause she steals expensive cars :)
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

While I'm extremely grateful to Summitt for bringing our beloved books to life, I'm worried about 2 major things with NM:

1. Taylor's future with the movies. In my opinion, he's pretty much perfect for Jake, especially personality-wise. But he's also so eager to play the mean, harsh angsty Jacob, and most of the fans (who control how much money gets spent on Twilight merchendise) want Taylor to stay as Jacob. Money talks, I'm just praying that Summitt listens.

2. I want them to really capture and showcase just how much pain Bella lives through, and how much her relationship with Jake changes from just a carefree friendship into an intense love that niether one is very sure of at first. The pain and worry and charactor development far surpass the action in Volterra in importance. While Volterra is important in that it seals Bella's fate by way of making her and Edward see that at some point she has to become a vampire, its not as important as the love triangle that develops between Edward, Bella, and Jake.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Renesmee101 wrote:While I'm extremely grateful to Summitt for bringing our beloved books to life, I'm worried about 2 major things with NM:

1. Taylor's future with the movies. In my opinion, he's pretty much perfect for Jake, especially personality-wise. But he's also so eager to play the mean, harsh angsty Jacob, and most of the fans (who control how much money gets spent on Twilight merchendise) want Taylor to stay as Jacob. Money talks, I'm just praying that Summitt listens.

2. I want them to really capture and showcase just how much pain Bella lives through, and how much her relationship with Jake changes from just a carefree friendship into an intense love that niether one is very sure of at first. The pain and worry and charactor development far surpass the action in Volterra in importance. While Volterra is important in that it seals Bella's fate by way of making her and Edward see that at some point she has to become a vampire, its not as important as the love triangle that develops between Edward, Bella, and Jake.

I totally agree with you. Taylor is the perfect Jacob. And they don't get Jacob right...well things won't end well. :D
I totally agree with you on #2. Bella really goes through a lot of pain, and he relationship with Jake really grows during New Moon. I think that that accpect of the book and movie are really important.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

shavei7 wrote:^^ @AliceXxJasper

Pattinson clarified it on several interviews that he is NOT getting paid $12Million, or 11, 10... he said so himself that people just make this up. I think he and Stewart are more worried about making the film good/better (higher expectations now because of Twilight) than how much they're getting paid :)

I totally agree about Rob & Kristen wanting to make the film as good as they can. They've both seen first hand how rabid the fanbase can be, and how, (unfortunately), an unhappy fanbase can affect their future careers. I think that having them as the two leads will help the franchise from becoming Hollwood crapola/tweenybopper romance.
ImageImageImageNM p.201
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter_alice »

I really think no Movie Producing Company could do a better job with Twilight Series than Summit.
They keep as close to the book as they can, impressing my entire family and pack of freinds.
Congrats to Summit Pictures for sticking to the real Twilight, not giving the Cullens and Hales 2 inch fangs. :D
estela
Settled in Forks

Post by estela »

I totally agree with malaz. I think Summit Entertainment may have its flaws but they are doing good. They did stick pretty close to the Twilight book and its a heck of a lot better than that other version of Bella being a track star and the Cullens getting chased by the FBI or whatever :( .
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

^^Exactly.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

^^^@twilighter_alice

OMG. Can you imagine the fans' reaction if they gave the Cullens and Hales FANGS? hahaha :twisted: :lol:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

^^ the fans would definitely have been pissed. How much, there is no telling and it's probably better that way. Eww, fangs on the Cullens....
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
estela
Settled in Forks

Post by estela »

oh wow fangs would have sucked, no pun inteded...im just happy no one turned into a bat and flew away