12%
The Seeker
No votes

Total votes: 108

blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Re: who is your favorite character?

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

My favorite's Melanie. I really liked Mel because of her attitude, mostly. The main reason I liked her was because she had this soul inside her body (who she hated and who hated her back) and she was in there too, with no control over the body or anything. Despite this, she fought and stayed alive and positive (mostly). I also was fascinated by her memories of Jared, Jamie, and her human life. She was almost a mother to Jamie which really just showed that she was a good person. Also, she was self-sacrificing, kind, and passionate without being over-the-top like the way I felt Wanda's character was. I've always liked Bella (not to bring Twilight into this... oh, well, too late) and I felt like Melanie was similar to her. Wanda was just... too perfect or something. Not that I didn't like her... I just liked Melanie more. It seemed to me that The Host was centered around Melanie and Wanda's relationship and what it means to truly be human more than the Mel-Wanda-Jared love triangle or Wanda and Ian's romance or the Seeker etc.

And...I didn't really like Ian. (Don't kill me!) But I mostly didn't like him the beginning, he was giving me these bizarre Mike Newton-y vibes. I have no idea why... he just reminded me of Mike Newton. So he wasn't in my good books right off the bat. And then for some reason, because I thought Wanda was also thinking of him as a Mike Newton, I was completely surprised when they started falling in love/kissing/whatever. But then I realized I had to look past the fact that I couldn't stop picturing him as Mike Newton and began to see that he was a good guy who was in love with Wanda. So I liked him more towards the end, but in all honesty could never compare his to Edward. I don't really understand why people are comparing him to Edward. Because he can't compare. In some of his good scenes, he had the essence of Jacob, though, which is still a compliment.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I liked Jamie the most . . . it was nice to see someone in the books who was a little closer to my age, and just a little more relatable for me. I liked how he was very loving towards both Melanie and Wanderer.
I also liked Ian. His devotion, and love for Wanda despite her being unhuman was beautiful.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

xxxjanebeexxx wrote:edwerd
i love him
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is for the Host. Not Twilight :D
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

Ian is amazing. He is adorable, and lovable, and just amazing. *sigh*
I also really like Wanda, Jamie, and Melanie. In that order. After Ian, of course :]
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
Isherwood102
Settled in Forks

Post by Isherwood102 »

:D :D :D :D :D
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

MELANIE! i dont know i am only half way through but melanie seems to be a strong hard headed character like bella or rose of the twilight saga. wanderer (wanda) jamie and JEB!!! i LOVE jeb he is soooo cool:D

LOVE CAM!
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ment2be134 »

Yeah so Ian is my favorite....though Jamie, Jeb, and Wanda come into a close second. Melanie i like but not really that into, always knew she would have her happy ending plus i find it really hard to relate to her. Jared was just a jerk in the beginning i started liking him toward the end a little bit but that was mostly because i felt sorry for him. Jeb is just so crazy it's hard not to love him. Jamie is always so happy, he reminds me a little of Emmet, Happy and always wants to join in the "fun". Wanda i relate to a little bit plus she has such a good soul (No pun intended) :) . Ian is like the Best of both worlds compassionet , not wanting to harm things, loving despite everything, and yet he can make jokes and have fun.
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

ment2be134 wrote:Yeah so Ian is my favorite....though Jamie, Jeb, and Wanda come into a close second. Melanie i like but not really that into, always knew she would have her happy ending plus i find it really hard to relate to her. Jared was just a jerk in the beginning i started liking him toward the end a little bit but that was mostly because i felt sorry for him. Jeb is just so crazy it's hard not to love him. Jamie is always so happy, he reminds me a little of Emmet, Happy and always wants to join in the "fun". Wanda i relate to a little bit plus she has such a good soul (No pun intended) :) . Ian is like the Best of both worlds compassionet , not wanting to harm things, loving despite everything, and yet he can make jokes and have fun.
I have to agree
Ian
Jamie
Wanda

Of course, you start off liking Jared due to Melanie's memories of him and not liking Ian after his first reaction to Wanda. But then you see what a hard man Jared is. He frightened me. I could see him being abusive without a lot of provocation.
But Ian...I caught on quickly that he was developing feelings for Wanda/Melanie. But I was impressed with his understanding--but his compassion for her and his ability to understand her mind(s), her internal struggles. He was so gentle and protective with her. And not in the the Edward-like overbearing way--usually. ;) I was frustrated and worried that Wanda couldn't feel the passion for him that she did for Jared. But that was resolved in the end. *sigh* :D It was easy to see that he was all human and had flaws. But is good and kind. One of the things that I really liked about his character is that, unlike Edward, his qualities are more attainable from the men in our lives. He's more real than Edward.

Jamie. What a good kid. So pure. I don't really see him like Emmet, although I can see how people would use that comparison. I see him more like Seth. Just a great open-minded loving character.
Team Edward
jezza3000
Settled in Forks

Post by jezza3000 »

Wanda hands down. I just loved her from start to finish, she just some interesting and has a beautiful mind. Then of course Jamie and Ian and Jeb !!! loved them to death and the doc !!!!! :D
"Life sucks then you die" Lmao Team Jacob FTW!!
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Melanie, because she was so strong willed and such a fighter. She had her flaws, which just made her more relatable and more realistic, but she was determined and so passionate about her loved ones that she did whatever she could to make them safe, and to be with them. And also because she was big enough to change the way she'd thought for a lot of her life about the souls, and she learned to love Wanda.
Followed by Jamie, because he was so pure and sweet and such a smart kid.
:)
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~