Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
malaz wrote: Sometimes I wonder about Bella's physiological consistency, too.... The way she coped with her "loss" was ludicrous. I never actually gave this much thought untill recently. For one, Edward left her, or to word it perfectly--he broke up with her and she went in catatonic mode. She lost her non-existent or what little she had of autonomy and she started to develop tight metal coils with the next person she found, to live.
:D
Thank you, malaz!

I completely agree with you! It took a true victim to be so crushed, that the absolute love of Bella's life (that she had known for HOW long, now???) left and she had to snuggle up to the 'next in line' in order to prevent her life from completely flat-lining,losing its purpose, spiraling in, blah blah blah.
in New Moon, the 'next in line' was Jake.
If Jake didn't exist, what on earth would Bella have done? committed suicide? we wouldn't have much of a story after that... And when Bella finally got Edward back!!! Jeesh, she switched gears so fast- and that's when things turned into a mess. (in Eclipse, that is)
She was so ready to depend on Edward again.
Let me tell you, I am not a mild-tempered, easily victimized damsel like our Bella. I would not have been so quick to accept Edward back into my life if he just dumped me like that.
((There are a lot of things about him I would not accept in the first place- but that’s not anything I want to get into...))

And about the whole "true love" thing-- How can we define it? I mean, What is false love? I don't think that we are entitled to define simple, pure, unblemished love.

[/end rant]
So agree with you there!

It seems Bella's life is ruled by the men in her life . . . what really made her boring for me was without all the supernatural activity of Twilight I wouldn't have wanted to know her story, and usually you'd want to know any story a character has to tell.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

Lioness Rampant wrote::D thank you, leahroselover (most people just think my avatar is random and unrelated. Which is okay- I love the Beauty and the Beast)
I love your banner, by the way!! (and yes, I love Tamora Pierce and the Song of the Lioness is my favorite series!!)
No problem I love Belle she is the best Disney Princess hands down. Nerds&Bookworms FTW :D
Tamora Pierce rocks, I personally like Diane's story a little more than Alanna's but Alanna rocks herself
It seems Bella's life is ruled by the men in her life . . . what really made her boring for me was without all the supernatural activity of Twilight I wouldn't have wanted to know her story, and usually you'd want to know any story a character has to tell.
If you noticed people treat Edward more like the main character than Bella. They always compare Edward to Harry Potter, when in essence it should really be Bella vs Harry. Although, not much of a battle there 8-)
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

^^ I think Edward is so much more larger than life than Bella, that is probably why he may be looked at as the main character, but also this IS Bella's POV and therefore Edward would, in essence, be the main character because to her, he is. That's how I see it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

navarre wrote:^^ I think Edward is so much more larger than life than Bella, that is probably why he may be looked at as the main character, but also this IS Bella's POV and therefore Edward would, in essence, be the main character because to her, he is. That's how I see it.
Edward is A main character.
Bella is THE main character. This is her story, without here we know nothing about what's going. Bella should be getting more attention.

But, she, takes a backseat to her own boyfriend
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

leahroselover wrote: If you noticed people treat Edward more like the main character than Bella. They always compare Edward to Harry Potter, when in essence it should really be Bella vs Harry. Although, not much of a battle there 8-)
not really. remember there's midnight sun?
Edward is as main a character as much as Bella. the only reason SM wrote from bella's pov is because it's natural...but still. :D
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

leahroselover wrote:
navarre wrote:^^ I think Edward is so much more larger than life than Bella, that is probably why he may be looked at as the main character, but also this IS Bella's POV and therefore Edward would, in essence, be the main character because to her, he is. That's how I see it.
Edward is A main character.
Bella is THE main character. This is her story, without here we know nothing about what's going. Bella should be getting more attention.

But, she, takes a backseat to her own boyfriend
Yes. I know that.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

malaz wrote:
leahroselover wrote: If you noticed people treat Edward more like the main character than Bella. They always compare Edward to Harry Potter, when in essence it should really be Bella vs Harry. Although, not much of a battle there 8-)
not really. remember there's midnight sun?
Edward is as main a character as much as Bella. the only reason SM wrote from bella's pov is because it's natural...but still. :D
Midnight sun which is probably not going to even be published. Edward is just as much a main character, but Bella is more important because she is the one telling the story
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

^not really. it was a 50/50 chance. SM chose bella because it most natural, as she said. it could have been Edward. I know i know, it's not. But it's his story as much as it's bella's. 50/50
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

But its not Edward's POV, its Bella's she should get more attention from fans and others. The only time they ever compare Bella to another main character from a vampire series is Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

well, so? what does it matter...?
This year's the dark knight, the joker (heath ledger) is getting more attention than the batman (christian bale), and like everyone i meet it's like the "joker joker joker heath heath heath" - I GET what you're saying, but that's just the way it is.

Also, another thing. Alot of people have moved on from the main characters (bella, edward, jacob) to other side characters. Like Jasper and Emmett and Alice and the voltri.