Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

leahroselover wrote:But its not Edward's POV, its Bella's she should get more attention from fans and others. The only time they ever compare Bella to another main character from a vampire series is Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood.
Yeah, it's true. As the main character, with the story you should be wanting to read about Bella, not just Edward. I honestly don't understand why SM made her so boring, or maybe to her she's intriguing?

I understand that some have preferances for other characters, I for example adore Jasper above and beyond anyone, but maybe if Bella wasn't so boring more people who prefer her . . . normally I do prefer the heroine to anyone in the story, because it's their story but Twilight isn't really Bella's story. It's her story sure, but without the supernatural activity surrounding her, would anyone be interested in her?
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

Its because Heath is dead (R.I.P) that it so much more hyped up.

I'm just saying in the books Bella is already a weak character who is dependent on Edward and Edward her love interest is treated like the main character of her story.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz wrote:well, so? what does it matter...?
This year's the dark knight, the joker (heath ledger) is getting more attention than the batman (christian bale), and like everyone i meet it's like the "joker joker joker heath heath heath" - I GET what you're saying, but that's just the way it is.

Also, another thing. Alot of people have moved on from the main characters (bella, edward, jacob) to other side characters. Like Jasper and Emmett and Alice and the voltri.
SM really did create some fantastic characters that we can embrace. I mean, I loooove Alice - she is my favorite character outside of the main, there is so much that can be gleaned in future stories if SM feels compelled to do so.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

leahroselover wrote:Its because Heath is dead (R.I.P) that it so much more hyped up.

I'm just saying in the books Bella is already a weak character who is dependent on Edward and Edward her love interest is treated like the main character of her story.
Yeah, no one cares about her, which shouldn't be the case when it's supposed to be her story . . .
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

navarre - yes, i absolutely agree. Besides Edward. I adore Emmett and Jasper. They are just irresistible...and then there's the voltri. i love them <33 and oh the wolves...quill and embry <33333

dazzlingdynamite - properly not. She didn't seem to have much of a life I'd want to particularly know about without the association of the supernatural.

In a story this interesting, I find myself more drawn to the inhuman characters rather than the human ones because in contrast, there's nothing remotely special about Bella. To me anyways. I find the vampires and the wolves most interesting.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Yeah. I just don't understand why SM made her so dull . . . to make the vamps etc more exciting, maybe? To make her more of a damsel in distress?
I mean I'm writing a supernatural piece right now, but about ghosts, and I'm sure as hell not making my main character boring. I'm making her full of life. I couldn't stand to write someone if they were just so pain stakingly boring, there'd be no point.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Didn't Steph say she's anti-human or something like that? :?

Seriously she needs to watch Buffy
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Totally! Whats so bad about being a human? We're awesome! For one, we have a regular, easy to cope with diet. That deserves props, don't it? :D
How can anyone be anti-human though? Thats like being against yourself :S
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

No clue. :?

I think being human is hard as hell.
I mean 16 years of school :cry: :cry: :cry:
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

leahroselover wrote:No clue. :?

I think being human is hard as hell.
I mean 16 years of school :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know . . . and well our ability to er, die.
Thats one reason to not like being human . . . XD but there are plenty of awesome things about us!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX