Blood and Chocolate--the movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Blood and Chocolate--the movie

Post by Pel »

A place to talk about the movie Blood and Chocolate. There is a book discussion in the Flight to Phoenix forum.
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Re: Blood and Chocolate--the movie

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

Read the book before I saw the movie. I bought both the same day, actually. Both were entertaining though I noticed that the film diviated far from the book and that the book was much more sexual and focussed on primal instincts then the film. Though I thought that the movie was interesting in its own ways, especially the wolf action and whatnot--very nice. The eefecct of the pale skin, blue veins look after the wolves were cut or touched by silver objects reminded me very much of the same sort of effect used in the film Underworld, another supernatural film, this one involving a war between vampires and werewolves.

Overall, it was interesting in its own ways.
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

I read the book and then I saw the movie, I was so excited to see the movie because the book was amazing and I couldn't wait to see the movie. I had been warned that the movie was different but I didn't think it was so different. The only thing they have in common are the character names and the whole werewolf thing. Besides that the movie was absolutly NOTHING like the book in any way. I was a little disspointed because I wanted to see the book made into a movie and that didn't happen, and it was a great book.

Now on the movie, it was an amazing movie on it's own (when you don't compare to the book). I thought it was full of everything a good movie should have, drama, a good plot, great actors and a splash of romance, which ultimatly saves the day. So over all it was an amazing movie.

The movie was amazing.
The book was amazing.
They're two different things, both wonderful in their own ways.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

This is one of the very few stories where I liked the movie more than the book. The movie was so intense and it MADE SENSE, something I didn't think the book pulled off well. At all. Um, yeah...the movie was cool. Aiden was actuall likable in it.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

It's a book? I'm definitely going to read that crap. I remember seeing the commercial for the movie and i was dying to see it...i've always been into vampires and werewolves- even more so when there's an actual well-crafted plot behind it instead of Dracula just wanting to kill another person haha. So now that's on my list of things to do....read the book, and see the movie

Just a question but which should i do first? Read the book? See the movie??
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

mlola619 wrote:Just a question but which should i do first? Read the book? See the movie??
I suggest watching the movie first. But honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference. They're both so different, that you'll take notice quickly either way.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

I love that movie....I haven't read the book yet...but I wil :twisted: :lol: Lol
Spiro
Settled in Forks

Post by Spiro »

I really loved the movie. Wanted to go buy it. I had never read the book, so that's next on my list! Esp. after reading everyone's comments on how great the book is :)
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

mlola619 wrote:Just a question but which should i do first? Read the book? See the movie??
I personally read the book before I go watch the movie - always. But that's just me. I like having an idea about what I'm going to watch, plus I love making comparisons. I think it's fun :roll: :D
topaz::eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by topaz::eyes »

I loved the movie a lot, but I haven't read the book. I've like seen it in the store and have paged through it but haven't actually gotten it yet. But yeah, the movie rocked! Way better than I ever thought it would be! Oh, and I love the actor who plays the guy...I think his name is Hugh Dancy or something like that. :mrgreen: