Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by XxKatiexX »

It's really sad that the dvd comes out in spring that means I won't be able to buy it before summer.
Hopefully the import wont be that expensive. I think the movie might be even better if we see the deleted scenes 10 scenes are really a lot. I was a bit sad about the missing aiport scene and the scene were emmet talks with edward. And we didn't really see a lot of Jasper, not even his gift was mentioned. And Carlisles story ... (isn't it important for the second movie) ... ok now I'm a bit to fussy. But I'm really excited about the dvd :D
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

Now that I have had a month to muse over the movie and its plot I have finally come to the conclusion that the whole change in plot has come down to almost a line. When Jacob and Bella are on the beach and Jacob is telling the Quiluette legend he doesn't tell Bella that the Cuillen's are rumored to be vampires. He says its just a story. (Although Jacob should have done this in the book because it was against the treaty to even tell Bella). That slight change in lines altered a great deal of events. First they had to add a scene of Bella searching for the legend book, which was totally unecessary and they could have used the screen time to add other scenes which were actualling IN the book. Then when she is in Port Angeles she stops at the Native American book store which wasn't a very big change at all but when Edward drives her home from Port Angeles she has not read the book yet and therefore doesn't know that Edward is a vampire. Bella should have said the whole vampire line in the car on the way home. In the movie Bella spends the day after her research avoiding Edward and becuase she has to figure ou the situation in her own mind before confronting him. She then walks into the forest (umm why would anyone do that?) and it begins the medow scene which in my standards was completely and totally RUINED! The medow scene was played like the make and break situation in the book but it also included pointless questions about what Edward eats and his life style which could have been avoided. Because their relationship doesn't start developing until the medow scene in the movie they don't have their first kiss there. During the movie my bestfriendm who has not read the books, said that the klssing scene was her favorite part. And I replied we could be on the second kiss by now if it script had just followed the orginal plot. One seemlessly harmless lined ruined the entire script!

I'll stop boring everyone with my bantering. But I actually went into the movie thinking of it as just a movie and not the book and I thought it was really good and humurous!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

Okay, i don't want anyone to shoot me for saying the things I didn't like... but here it goes...

1. They butchered the meadow scene. I mean, really guys? It's just them staring at each other, and then the sun comes and he sparkles and lays there. Come ON! This is supposed to be the pivotal moment in their relationship, you know? At least keep this part true to the book. AND in the forest... "I've killed people before." That is kind of creepy to me. Just his delivery, with the wide eyes, and the creepy voice... (haha sorry i still kind of laugh at that part). Plus, "You're blood... it's like a drug to me" is supposed to be the discussion about "You're exactly my brand of heroin."
2. When they walk into school together... HE DOESN'T FINISH THE LINE! I mean, I liked it and all, but it needs to be, "Since I'm already going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." :(
3. I actually was impressed at the field trip scene. It added a little flavor. And I liked it. It showed how Alice is eager to be Bella's friend, even though Edward won't accept it yet. Sorry, that's kind of a spoiler from Midnight Sun...
4. The flashbacks were kind of... odd to me. I mean, I know the purpose of them and stuff. But if you notice, Rosalie's hair is shorter, and that is DEFINITELY not possible. Sorry. That bugged me.
5. I loved the "meet the family" scene. It was like... awkward, which I absolutely loved. But we never experienced Jasper's power. That made me angry.
6. Okay, and all of the parts that were "tweaked," like Alice and Jasper in the lobby and leaving Bella alone in the hotel room by herself, that actually pissed me off. All of the little details that i loved were like... taken out! I mean really, why take out the favorite parts of the fans to make a... not amazing but not horrible movie.

Okay rant is over.
~Bee Marie
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

Here is a little treat for you. I was looking up Apotamkin while I was awaiting for some new posts to appear and this website popped up:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8002212/Twilight

It is the original Twilight script, it's got some cool little added scenes in it, for example, when Edward grabbed Bella and jumped from his bedroom window, it cuts to Esme and Carlisle watching them and have a little conversation among themselves about the couple.

It makes great reading, some of the stuff I wish they'd kept in.

Enjoy!

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

Angel wrote:Here is a little treat for you. I was looking up Apotamkin while I was awaiting for some new posts to appear and this website popped up:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8002212/Twilight

It is the original Twilight script, it's got some cool little added scenes in it, for example, when Edward grabbed Bella and jumped from his bedroom window, it cuts to Esme and Carlisle watching them and have a little conversation among themselves about the couple.

It makes great reading, some of the stuff I wish they'd kept in.

Enjoy!

Angel x
Wow. Thanks for posting the link Angel.

I'm glad that they altered the kiss/bedroom scene from the script. Reading it (script), it seem cheesy. The end result in the movie was way better....*sizzles*

Also, the line "no dancing, no blah blah, no blah" comes off cheesy too so I'm glad they simplied it to "I can't dance" coupled with Bella's awkard expression :)

EDIT: lots of scenes omitted towards the end...interesting

EDIT: I'm happy that they changed the prom scene from the script.
In this script version, Jacob didn't approach Bella at the prom so no "I leave you for 2 minutes and the wolves descend", and no stare down between E and J.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

i just wish there could have been more jasper. i <3 him.

im glad they didnt get into everyones backround stories. i was happy to see they used that time for more important things. plus they can always get into it in the sequels.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

beemarie wrote:Okay, i don't want anyone to shoot me for saying the things I didn't like... but here it goes...

1. They butchered the meadow scene. I mean, really guys? It's just them staring at each other, and then the sun comes and he sparkles and lays there. Come ON! This is supposed to be the pivotal moment in their relationship, you know? At least keep this part true to the book. AND in the forest... "I've killed people before." That is kind of creepy to me. Just his delivery, with the wide eyes, and the creepy voice... (haha sorry i still kind of laugh at that part). Plus, "You're blood... it's like a drug to me" is supposed to be the discussion about "You're exactly my brand of heroin."
2. When they walk into school together... HE DOESN'T FINISH THE LINE! I mean, I liked it and all, but it needs to be, "Since I'm already going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." :(
3. I actually was impressed at the field trip scene. It added a little flavor. And I liked it. It showed how Alice is eager to be Bella's friend, even though Edward won't accept it yet. Sorry, that's kind of a spoiler from Midnight Sun...
4. The flashbacks were kind of... odd to me. I mean, I know the purpose of them and stuff. But if you notice, Rosalie's hair is shorter, and that is DEFINITELY not possible. Sorry. That bugged me.
5. I loved the "meet the family" scene. It was like... awkward, which I absolutely loved. But we never experienced Jasper's power. That made me angry.
6. Okay, and all of the parts that were "tweaked," like Alice and Jasper in the lobby and leaving Bella alone in the hotel room by herself, that actually pissed me off. All of the little details that i loved were like... taken out! I mean really, why take out the favorite parts of the fans to make a... not amazing but not horrible movie.

Okay rant is over.
Please rant more bee, i agree with you 100%. You have my support in whatever you want to rant about. We'll go to the loony bin together (for those who have seen Grandma's Boy). :):)
ImageImageImageImage
Valerie
Settled in Forks

Post by Valerie »

beemarie wrote: 4. The flashbacks were kind of... odd to me. I mean, I know the purpose of them and stuff. But if you notice, Rosalie's hair is shorter, and that is DEFINITELY not possible. Sorry. That bugged me.

OMG... MY WORLD HAS JUST COLLAPSED. just kidding. i'll have to throw that one at my brother. (he is a twi guy and we have these, like, intense twilight conversations haha.)

i still can't believe this.
is our world at an end?
should i tell my boyfriend i love him?
July 21, 2008: The night that changed my life; the night when I started reading Twilight.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

One little thing that was changed that really disappointed me was the scene where Edward is trying to get his schedule changed and Bella walks in. In the book he is very polite to the receptionist, saying something like "I can see that it won't be possible, thank you for your time" and in the movie he says "I just have to endure" and storms out.

I think that changes the character too much. If anything, Edward is polite and considerate. Just bugged me.

And I think that I am going to be alone on this, but I didn't mind the meadow scene. It wasn't "just some meadow" next to the school... he ran with her up into the mountains, above the cover.. could easily be "his" spot, we just weren't told that yet. It is still a place that Bella can search for in NM. Just my thoughts :)
Last edited by roseaurora on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

roseaurora wrote: And I think that I am going to be alone on this, but I didn't mind the meadow scene. It wasn't "just some meadow" next to the school... he ran with her up into the mountains, above the cover.. could easily be "his" spot, we just weren't told that yet. It is still a place that Bella can search for in NM. Just my thoughts :)
no i completly agree. i wasnt how i pictured it but i let that go because its not always gonna be like you imagined
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper