Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

Meteor:
Thanks for the welcome! I sometimes feel like it's a little crazy that I am married so young...I kinda thought I would last a little longer...but I have always been a little more mature for my age I think, and I got all my crazy partying, dating, being a wild child out of my system pretty young.

I don't really know how to explain "love me some" I guess its just another way to I love...just a turn of phrase I guess. :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i thought 20+ readers of twilight were rare! im so happy! that there are a bunch out there.. makes me feel less weird for having the hots for a 16 year old werewolf and a 17year old(forever) vampire! =)
im 24, i live in dallas, tx and i love twilight and everything twilight.. its my sweet escape from the boring thing we call reality(just kidding) Im also a Mother, i have two beautiful children who hate when i read to myself, so for the most part i was reading to them.. and they seem to Not care that there were no pictures! i left out the bad stuff DONT CALL CPS!
okay well have a good one!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I jsut wonder for the older fans of the books, when you read them, do you actually picture 17/18 year olds...or do you see people our own age. For me, I have had a super hard to picturing Edward as 17 year old vampire Edward...he is usually in his 20's in my head. I guess thats because I find that to be my perfect, dazzling, handsome age...I don't think of 17 year olds like that. I don't know if what I'm saying makes ANY sense...but basically...

When y'all read the books, do you picture the characters at the ages specified?
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I don't think that I ever thought of Edward as being 17! Once I sat back and thought about it (once I could pull myself away from the book), I guess it is a little pedaphile-ish to be in love with a 17 year old. But I don't care- he's not really 17! And I also never quite pictured Bella as being 16, she just is a lot more mature than most 16 year olds I have known. However, I did always picture Jessica and Lauren as being 16...
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I don't think that I ever thought of Edward as being 17! Once I sat back and thought about it (once I could pull myself away from the book), I guess it is a little pedaphile-ish to be in love with a 17 year old. But I don't care- he's not really 17! And I also never quite pictured Bella as being 16, she just is a lot more mature than most 16 year olds I have known. However, I did always picture Jessica and Lauren as being 16...
Totally agreed! It's not really that pedophile-ish, at least that's what I tell myself, since he's 100+ in reality.

I'm new to this thread ... I'm 24 and will be 25 on 12/12. I was so excited when Twilight was going to be released then, but I guess I'm glad that it's moved up; seeing it sooner is a good trade off. :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I am twenty-one and I feel like a drug dealer the way that I am dishing out Twilight. Both of my roommates have read it, and several people that I work with. I am almost to the point where I want to meet people and say, Hi, my name's Isobelle, have you read this book?

I read a lot of books, and I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with still browsing the YA section of the library or bookstore. I find so many books there that deal with severe aspects in a way that isnt so hard to understand, unlike my Human Evolution textbook.
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

awesomejen1 wrote:I jsut wonder for the older fans of the books, when you read them, do you actually picture 17/18 year olds...or do you see people our own age. For me, I have had a super hard to picturing Edward as 17 year old vampire Edward...he is usually in his 20's in my head. I guess thats because I find that to be my perfect, dazzling, handsome age...I don't think of 17 year olds like that. I don't know if what I'm saying makes ANY sense...but basically...

Wow haven't thought about that yet, amazing. But yes I picture them our age, since Bella reminded me of my ex girlfriend who was 22 when we were together.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks like that! I think the characters are older the the age they have (because most of them have been around for 100 years or so) so it's easy to think of them as older hten high school kids...course, I blame all of Bella's character flaws on her age...only a 17 year old girl n high school would see everything Edward's done for her and still think that she isn't good enough...ah...youth...
paige_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by paige_bella »

Soon enough I will not even be able to post in here anymore. I am 29, but a young 29 :lol:
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

waiting for a meteor wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:I jsut wonder for the older fans of the books, when you read them, do you actually picture 17/18 year olds...or do you see people our own age. For me, I have had a super hard to picturing Edward as 17 year old vampire Edward...he is usually in his 20's in my head. I guess thats because I find that to be my perfect, dazzling, handsome age...I don't think of 17 year olds like that. I don't know if what I'm saying makes ANY sense...but basically...

Wow haven't thought about that yet, amazing. But yes I picture them our age, since Bella reminded me of my ex girlfriend who was 22 when we were together.

Well I usually picture the Cullen's older because of the way they are. They don't really act like normal teenagers, you know what I mean.