I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Em24
Settled in Forks

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by Em24 »

I am lucky enough to live in Washington State, hence the picture in my signature. I went to Forks this summer and saw many of the same things others have posted about. What struck me the most was the way the whole town has embraced the world of Twilight and how much beauty there is in the area. We met a woman working at the Chamber of Commerce who is from the Quileute tribe and she was wonderful to talk to about her take on the phenomenon. We saw Bella's truck and the police station, but my favorite experience was going to First Beach and sitting on a driftwood log and just taking in all of the beauty. I got some wonderful pictures of the area and plan to go back soon!
Dazzling Inspiration
A website blog showcasing the many facets of Twilight music.

Icon by vampiresftw
"Lucky" photo taken and made by me!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Apparently everyday, 100 twilight fans visit Forks.

I'd love to go...
:D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Heck, I may have to give up being a tourist and move there. I love small towns!!!! And I love the rain!!!! It's just perfect!!! Now, all I have to do is convince my mom... :lol:
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Hehe. So, I forgot to post the pictures on this thread...but no worries! I have them for you all! Pretty much, I slid them all into a few slide shows (yes...I took that many pictures.), so here you go!
Pictures
and...
More Pictures!

Any questions about any of the places? just ask me! I'd love to discuss everything I saw there. For one, I'd like to point out that it snowed the ENTIRE time I was there! Crazy.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

urcoolcarrie wrote:Hehe. So, I forgot to post the pictures on this thread...but no worries! I have them for you all! Pretty much, I slid them all into a few slide shows (yes...I took that many pictures.), so here you go!
Pictures
and...
More Pictures!

Any questions about any of the places? just ask me! I'd love to discuss everything I saw there. For one, I'd like to point out that it snowed the ENTIRE time I was there! Crazy.
GREAT pics!!!! I can't believe there was SNOW!!!!
ImageImage
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Ahhhh... I am planning my trip to Forks now. Sadly the most difficult decision is where to stay! It's not like there are a ton of places to stay!!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

spookybell wrote:Ahhhh... I am planning my trip to Forks now. Sadly the most difficult decision is where to stay! It's not like there are a ton of places to stay!!!!
We stayed at the Quillayute River Resort http://www.qriverresort.com/ and LOVED it!!!! It was right in between Forks and La Push and it is right on the Quillayute river hidden among all these trees! I thought for sure I would see a werewolf run across the river! Never did, but maybe I just wasn't there long enough ;) I've also hear that the Miller Tree Inn http://www.millertreeinn.com/ is cool, and that one is right in Forks. Plus, that is supposedly the Cullen house...
ImageImage
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Thanks Shadow! Both places you mentioned look beautiful but are expensive and won't hold our accomidations well. OMG I would love to stay on the river if I could!!!

Planning to go right around the 1st of July! Yeay!!!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

I wish you luck and an amazing time!! Don't forget to come back and post pics of your trip!!! :)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Since my brother is graduating college and my sis is graduating high school, we are going crosscountry in an RV. So fun! (I'll make sure to Lex on the labtop.)
Anyways, I'm going to try and convince my father to let us stop in Forks.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl