1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
Bella’s fears are reasonable. She didn’t see Jacob or the pack as being strong like the Cullen’s. She knew them as humans, as kids, most of them younger than her. She never really saw the pack in action and couldn’t imagine that they would be capable of fighting vampires.
2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
I did suspect. There were a lot of hints given in New Moon, where the pack is not aloud to tell “outsiders”. At the bonfire, Seth and Leah were there – so either they became wolfs or were imprinted.
3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
I thought it was great that the wolves and Cullen’s decided to work together and was interested to see how they would manage that. I was worried when Jacob decided without discussing with Sam first – since Sam was the Alpha. Jacob and Edward care about Bella’s safety – they just didn’t usually agree on what type of safety was best for her. This time, they were on the same page since they both had the same amount of information and they both knew what was coming.
4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
Jasper’s character is awesome! It was great that they were able to build out his character more and display his expertise. I was a little worried that they were giving too much away to the pack – if something were to go wrong, they would know all their capabilities and fighting styles.
5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
I wasn’t surprised at Bella’s reaction to Jacob in wolf form. When he licked her, I thought that she was going to get mad – since that’s kind of like a kiss, right? Is it ok for Jacob to kiss her in wolf form, but not in human form? It was a little contradictory to me. I thought it was funny how much the pack and the Cullen’s have in common – with their reaction to Bella and Jacob’s interaction. I also would have thought that Edward would have had a more jealous reaction and would have been upset a little more about this public display of affection by Jacob. To me, it was kind of a slap in the face to Edward/Bella’s relationship. It would’ve been nice if there was more of a confrontation on this.