Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by heartsjasper »

Dragon's_Gypsy wrote:I had heard Kristen Steward had refused to say some of the lines in the movie, it sounds like she was staying truer to the book than Rosenburg. The more I hear about that women, the more it sounds like the Twilight Saga would be better off without her.
i agree. ive seen some interviews with rosenburg and she seems really annoying. shes even said that some of the lines were made up by rob and kristen and even catherine. seems like it would have been better if they wrote it. they seem to care about keeping it truer more than she does.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

found the link to the script

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &start=180

It's a GOOD thing then that Rob, Kristen and Catherine made up some dialogue, or replaced some that's in the script. Once you've read the script, you'll be glad that they changed what they changed during filiming.

Notice too that Jacob didn't show up at the prom to "talk" to Bella. I don't know if this is the FINAL script but judging from it, MR didn't quite do a good job at it. I was hoping the there was more to medow scene than in the movie (like maybe they just edited out parts) but it turned out that's pretty much all of it. *makes a face*

I hope Chris will do something with the script, considering that when he wrote the 'About A boy' script, he stayed pretty much true to the book
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

shavei7 wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:I do think some of their choices are really bad, like allowing Rosenberg to write the script for New Moon and then having it done before they announcement, but at the same time they do want the money. They'll do what they think will bring them the most money.

I am looking forward to seeing that movie with Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning. It actually looks good, and had a decent budget.
That movie is called PUSH. That's from Summit too, and the special effects (which has a lot) looks okay on this movie. Why couldn't they have done Twilight a little bit better? :(
I'll have to keep the title in mind. But like I said, they had to have had a better budget for that movie with some of the graphic's, unless they had someone working on it that knows how to make good use of a small budget.
shavei7 wrote:found the link to the script

It's a GOOD thing then that Rob, Kristen and Catherine made up some dialogue, or replaced some that's in the script. Once you've read the script, you'll be glad that they changed what they changed during filiming.

Notice too that Jacob didn't show up at the prom to "talk" to Bella. I don't know if this is the FINAL script but judging from it, MR didn't quite do a good job at it. I was hoping the there was more to medow scene than in the movie (like maybe they just edited out parts) but it turned out that's pretty much all of it. *makes a face*

I hope Chris will do something with the script, considering that when he wrote the 'About A boy' script, he stayed pretty much true to the book
That's probably one of the better things that Catherine had done during filming. Thank goodness.
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Yay! You found it. :D. Thank you so much for posting it and sharing. I can't wait to go through it. I'm sure I'll have more to say when I'm done.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SM should have been MORE involved with the screenplay for Twilight. MR did horrible with the screenplay!! :evil:
I just hope Stephenie has more say in this one, but I'm not holding my breath. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

^^^ I wish SM was more involved with the Twilight and New Moon script too, but I guess that's too late and just wishful thinking on our part. I just hope CW would change some scenes / dialogue that he feels are not true to the book / story. Maybe SM can still ask for some tiny changes on the NM script... ?

from the script (scene 137, page 106 -- prom):
We may notice the back of a Redhead, mingling with the chaperones

so it was MR's idea to show Victoria at prom by the gaming area.
Perhaps she missed the fact that Edward and the other Cullens would be able to detect Victoria's scent :roll:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
Katala
Settled in Forks

Post by Katala »

For Full Moon's To-Do List (or it just gotta happen!)

1) Rain everyday in the great North-West!
2) Bright and Shiny days in Italy
3) Keep Taylor and use CGI to enhance his soon-to-be monstrous transformation. Heck, they used ILM!
4) Find a better optometrist to make the tinted contact lenses for EACH of the casts who plays a vampire. (I, too would be pi$$ed if the product I had to wear hurt my eyes [may even damage them].)

Does Summit have the final say in what is going to happen in "New Moon"? Is Gowdy Manor Productions Chris Weitz company? There's of course, Summit Entertainment and Imprint Entertainment (go figure!).

The production companies are the ones who fun for the movie, so the more companies working together (such an understatement), the more money will be used to make a better movie or it could crash...either way... they still have to flight to Italy!

:lol:
Valerie
Settled in Forks

Post by Valerie »

AliceXxJasper wrote:Ok yes it has brought us twilight... but
I think summit entertainment is rushing it.
I dont know i just seem to think to its all going to fast, i mean new moon finished by november next year seems physically impossible.
Before we know it the twilight fandom is going to be over in the next couple of years with the speed it going.
I know we all wanna see the movies but i rather they spent some time on it to perfect it then it being rushed.
Yeah! This movie mightbe rushed...I mean, I know that the vampires shouldn't age and everything, but I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer (like some extra months...to get it really right!)
I think the journey until the movie is the coolest part. Building up anticipation and then letting it all explode at the movie!
July 21, 2008: The night that changed my life; the night when I started reading Twilight.
twi-nurse
Settled in Forks

Post by twi-nurse »

navarre wrote:
switzgal wrote:^^^
New Moon is complex enough as it is and with it being the least likable of the books in the saga(personally, I love it and see great beauty in the midst of all of the pain), you have to create a script that ellicits that pain and shows the audience WHY Bella is hurting and show the wonder of a new relationship between Jacob & Bella, the phasing of the wolves, etc. You get the point.

*shrugs*
Exactly why it is my favorite of the four books. She did an awesome job of conveying both Bella's AND Jacob's pain. Fell in love with the Jacob character in this one. Hope Summit doesn't totally jack it up!
My 2 Favorite Scenes from the MOVIE:
ImageImage
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Katala wrote:For Full Moon's To-Do List (or it just gotta happen!)

1) Rain everyday in the great North-West!
2) Bright and Shiny days in Italy
3) Keep Taylor and use CGI to enhance his soon-to-be monstrous transformation. Heck, they used ILM!
4) Find a better optometrist to make the tinted contact lenses for EACH of the casts who plays a vampire. (I, too would be pi$$ed if the product I had to wear hurt my eyes [may even damage them].)

Does Summit have the final say in what is going to happen in "New Moon"? Is Gowdy Manor Productions Chris Weitz company? There's of course, Summit Entertainment and Imprint Entertainment (go figure!).

The production companies are the ones who fun for the movie, so the more companies working together (such an understatement), the more money will be used to make a better movie or it could crash...either way... they still have to flight to Italy!

:lol:
Haha! Good points! :lol:

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"