1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
Yes, if he did she would have been a bit more cautious because she would know what was coming, or she could tell Jacob how she feels and not get his hopes too high.
2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
yes, i think he has the same idea about them being forever connected in that way, more meaningfull.
3. What can you attribute Bella’s ambivalence about marriage to?
her mother mostly, she doesn't want to make the same mistake as her and get married so young and so quick, also for her age and the time she lives in it seems a bit crazy getting married to your boyfriend straight out of high school, lol
4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
i don't really know, maybe to show how hard it would be for Bella to leave Jacob because on one side he is aggrivating and says his mind,not caring what Bella thinks, and on the other side -when he wants to- he is the caring, understanding friend she had before she found out he was a werewolf.
5. Is is shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
Not that much, it just proves her love and desire for edward even more.(nawwww)