1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
No, in the first place, Bella was sending mixed signals. If she was really sure, she would not have tried all those times to escape and meet him. Also, that is just Jacob's personality, nothing daunts him, he is a positive, cheerful optimist and he will do whatever it takes. If he had Edward's brooding angst, he would have given up right away.
2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I saw it coming, it was sooooo funny too how she punched him in the face.
3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
Bella's reaction was priceless, I would have punched him too. Jacob was of course as cheerful and not discouraged at all. I laughed at Charlie, it is sooo him to be biased in Jacob's favor. And at first I thought Edward would be more mad, but knowing what we do about him, it would make sense for him to have the utmost self control.
4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
No, that's just guys, esp brothers. Jazz and Em's relationship have always been playful, competitive, like most real brothers, so of course they would bet and gamble too. I'm sure they bet about lots of things within the Cullen family, not just with Bella.
5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
I knew she was thinking about sex. Esp since every time Edward touched and kissed her, she would practically hyperventilate, stop breathing, faint, etc...she knows sex would be so much more extreme and she would be missing out on a lot of they did not do that while she was still human.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners
Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank