Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
irunwithvampires
Settled in Forks

Re: Preface

Post by irunwithvampires »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

I think we all knew that Breaking Dawn was going to have a happy ending. Can't have that without Bella. But we also knew that there was going to be some serious conflict, and Bella would probably face a near death situation again. I was sure she would escape again, and for the final time.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

Oh Lord, I nearly went insane trying to figure this out. I had to read it several times, and even then I was just in a daze. I think I thought for a second that it was Edward biting her, but I also thought it might have something to do with Jacob. I think I kind of thought that when Bella changed, Jacob wouldn't love her anymore, and although he still cared about her, it would be his job to take her down because they broke the treaty or something? I don't even know, I was going crazy trying to figure it out. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have imagined who it really was referring to.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
-Ooh I didn't know! I was pretty sure she wouldn't die... but not positive.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
-I thought it was Edward ): But I really really didn't want it to be him!
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
i am mythical
Settled in Forks

Post by i am mythical »

I really thought she was done for this time so that she can finally be transformed into a vampire without Edward feeling guilty that she does not have another choice. I mean this is the last book she has to become a vampire.

I really thought this was Edward never really thought there would be somebody else who she loves that will kill her.
You may be brave enough or strong enough to live without me, if that's what's best. But I could never be that self-sacrificing. I have to be with you. It's the only way I can live - Bella

http://constantdevotionrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I honestly didn't know. I thought she could only die 2 ways. If it was her enemy. Or if she was being changed. I kind of thought it was her enemy trying to kill her.

After that I was thinking it was one of the Cullens that could actually handle changing her. Carlisle. But I know she loves Alice and she promised she would, and then there was Edward. I wasnt sure which one it was.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
holunder
Settled in Forks

Post by holunder »

Alphie wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

1.Well, I thought she would escape again, like in the three first books, but you never know...
2.I first thought she was talking about Edward, so I was really anxious. After reading Book1, I remember calling my friend and analyzing the few lines in the preface, whether she talked about Edward or the unborn baby, but we had both no idea.
I love you.
That's why we're here.

Thanks for my avatar to kfkinslow02
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think she will escape this time like she always does

i think she is talking about edward or someone else
EdwardCullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardCullen4eva »

I think bella or edward wil find some way to save herself/her.

i think it was talking about Edward, well i know cuz i read the book, lol!

I just wanted to say a hee- uge thanks to Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner and all the other cast of tiwlight.
I just wanted to say u guys were awesome in teh movie and deserve thanks. I got the illustrated movie companion and i know how tortured u guys were with the weather and u do not know how much i could thank u!!! The movie was great, and so were ur acting. U guys r such great role models and i look up to u cuz u made my fav books into a movie that went way past my expectations!!! U guys rule and i hope u read this!!!
I just want to let u know how how thankful i am and to let u know that these books inspire me to do things that i never thought i could do.
U guys r soooo cool!!
Luv u all a bunch and have ur posters up on my wall (sry if i sound like a stalker, i really don't mean too, but i will admit i am a bit obbsessed)
lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank u soooooooooooooo much!!
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I knew she would escape. She had to. Stephenie couldn't be as mean as to kill her off!

I knew it was Renesmee. I actually read the entire saga in five days in November last year, after Breaking Dawn was released. By the time I read that one, I'd already cheated and read the FAQs on Stephenie's website, so I kinda knew who she was talking about. I'm a little disappointed now that it wasn't a surprise! :(
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Some of my friends commented that this series is young adult, so I had a feeling it would be a happy ending, that if someone died in the end, it would be minor characters.
So I always kinda knew Bella would survive.

I for sure thought it was Edward changing her, in a sense, killing her humanity.
Didn't see this one coming at all.
Before I read the book, I also heard a friend tell another friend about how Bella and Edward don't have sex in the book. I think she meant SM did not write it in detail, but I misunderstood and thought they don't have sex AT ALL, so I didn't know she would get pregnant a few chapters in.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~I knew she had to escape somehow because i knew that the book would be in Bella's point-of-view. Bella can't just say "I died." that would make no sense at all. :shock:

~I thought about the transformation scene, but I wasn't sure.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!