Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Charlie's Response

Post by Zoltan »

I was simply correcting you.....
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Charlie's response was comedic. He was oblivious but also aware of what was happening and I liked it when he was trying to count the months backwards in his head when he figured out Renesmee was his granddaughter. And how he treated Jake after he witnessed the phasing. Rather funny.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Zoltan wrote:I was simply correcting you.....
It's alright..I understand. Let's just let it pass.
i<3edward
Settled in Forks

Post by i<3edward »

i think that charlies reaction was unexpected but a good choice. it also makes sense.

if a parent finds out that their kid would have died if this thing(vampireyness) hadnt happened then ny parent would be happy their kid was safe.

he also knew that she would have left and never come back so hes happy just to cope.
sadiemarie
Settled in Forks

Post by sadiemarie »

I actually thought Charlie's response was quite in character. He obviously loves his daughter. I remember a part in Midnight Sun where Edward can sense Charlie's tremendous love and concern for Bella. So Charlie would rather do anything rather than lose her, even if it means ignoring a lot of stuff he'd rather not know anyway.

Also, it seems to me that Charlie's response mirrors Bella's response to Edward in many ways. Bella simply decided that it didn't matter whether or not Edward was a vampire; she loved him anyway, and nothing would change that. Charlie did pretty much the same thing, only he wasn't nearly as curious about the details!
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

I think he may have known she was a vampire. Maybe if they make a movie itll show him after driving down the highway and then muttering 'vampire' and then grimacing at the word.
StarLitNight
Settled in Forks

Post by StarLitNight »

pixiealice wrote:I was disappointed in Charlie's response. Too easy. Come on. Charlie was a hot head. He's a cop. It's in his nature to question things. Even before Jacob got involved, I was ticked off. If my parents didn't move heaven and earth to get to me on my deathbed...I can't imagine anything else with Charlie. He would have forced his way to Bella. Too neatly wrapped up.
I actually really agree with this. I mean, don't get me wrong, Charlie's response to the whole situation was quite funny and amusing, but no one would act like that. Any normal person would have been over to see their child whether they were at risk of getting their "disease" or not. A normal person would have told Carlise that they don't care what he says, he wants to see his daughter. Of course, this wouldn't work out for the book, but it's more realistic than what happened. Also, Charlie freaked out more in the beginning of Breaking Dawn when he thought Bella was pregnant than when he thought she was dying and then when he found out that something weird was up with her. Very unrealistic. But it was amusing and it worked for the book.
Nikkinik
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikkinik »

I think it's hard to say if Charlie's reaction was 'unreal' or not just because it would never be a real situation... if that makes sense. I mean, think if you had a boy turn into a wolf right before your eyes! I can't even begin to explain what I'd do! Charlie was probably... boggled... for lack of a better word... because this situation with his daughter is going against everything he thought he knew.

His reaction is a lot better than completely going crazy. haha
It's a webshow! About Twilight! Check r4t5.com for show times! www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Ugh. I have a BIG problem with Charlie's reaction. It was so out of character for him.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Rileyb78
Settled in Forks

Post by Rileyb78 »

sadiemarie wrote:I actually thought Charlie's response was quite in character. He obviously loves his daughter. I remember a part in Midnight Sun where Edward can sense Charlie's tremendous love and concern for Bella. So Charlie would rather do anything rather than lose her, even if it means ignoring a lot of stuff he'd rather not know anyway.

Also, it seems to me that Charlie's response mirrors Bella's response to Edward in many ways. Bella simply decided that it didn't matter whether or not Edward was a vampire; she loved him anyway, and nothing would change that. Charlie did pretty much the same thing, only he wasn't nearly as curious about the details!
I agree with this line of thought. I just want to add that in Midnight Sun we learn that Charlie's thoughts were fuzzy to Edward and that seemed to imply to me that Bella and Charile thought the same (their minds worked a lot alike). Bella does say that she had alot of Charlie in her.

Anyway... It made since to me. Charlie never wanted to know too much about all things emotional and such...

Riley-