Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Sequels

Post by maddy<3twilight »

gossipgirl wrote:
pumis_wolf wrote:What I would really be interested in is Edward's perspective during New Moon. I think that could and would be veryinteresting. Just going throught the thought process of making the decision to leave, and also to share the experiences he had while he was away. To see how he was affected by leaving Bella.

Also, I would really like to know Edward's point of view during Breaking Dawn. Especially the time of the wedding, pregnancy and Bella's transition. I think these would be very interesting, but hey that's just me.
I hope Stephenie writes a whole new saga from Edward's point of view! :D
But wouldn't you think that would be kind of boring...
Like the whole saga???

New Moon and Twilight would be good from Edward's POV but then if you were writing the other two it's just the same thing...
Because they both feel the love and stuff so it would be the same thing but in different words...

Not saying it wouldn't be fun to read. Just boring to write...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
gossipgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by gossipgirl »

maddy<3twilight wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
pumis_wolf wrote:What I would really be interested in is Edward's perspective during New Moon. I think that could and would be veryinteresting. Just going throught the thought process of making the decision to leave, and also to share the experiences he had while he was away. To see how he was affected by leaving Bella.

Also, I would really like to know Edward's point of view during Breaking Dawn. Especially the time of the wedding, pregnancy and Bella's transition. I think these would be very interesting, but hey that's just me.
I hope Stephenie writes a whole new saga from Edward's point of view! :D
But wouldn't you think that would be kind of boring...
Like the whole saga???

New Moon and Twilight would be good from Edward's POV but then if you were writing the other two it's just the same thing...
Because they both feel the love and stuff so it would be the same thing but in different words...

Not saying it wouldn't be fun to read. Just boring to write...
No... I could read about Edward all day. :lol:
Or maybe the whole saga from different character's POVs.
Siiigh. I'm just sad that there aren't any more Edward-Bella books to read. I hope SM continues Midnight Sun.
I don't need a knight in shining armor. I'd settle for a vampire in a silver Volvo.
boom2n2
Settled in Forks

Post by boom2n2 »

I have to admit, I really, really want to read more about these characters. I spent all four books falling in love with them and even though the end was really satisfying....ok, I'm greedy!
As for some ideas,
1) How about a several book series on taking on the Volturi once and for all?
2)Maybe Renesmee can get kidnapped and everyone has to rally-maybe the Romanians take her and make it look like the Volturi did it?
3)We can even have a book on the ancient fight in which the Romanians lost power. That sounded like a good story.
4)Or maybe a real break-out and the secret is revealed somehow and the public has to come to terms with real vampires? Or maybe not....
5)What about an ebola-style virus that is killing vampires and they have to work together with some really creepy ones to find out what is happening?
6)Also, I would love to hear the early stories , tragedies, and eventual love stories of the Cullen family.
7)Could Jacob and Renesmee have children?
8)Could the new and extended Cullen family have to relocate to a new home? Maybe Global Warming will wreak havoc on Florida and they have to go (carefully) and save Renee and hubby or maybe even a new half-sibling for Bella needs to be saved or raised by the Cullen clan.
9)What about the really talented vampires banding together to form a complicated, but incredibly cool and powerful group, led by our very own Cullens against a new threat to them all.
10) There were so many fascinating characters that showed up for both sides of the showdown and we only really got a glimpse of their stories. Could we follow them?

There's more where these came from! The high school setting was familiar and recognizable and served the story really well. How would Bella do in a public school in a new town? Can Renesmee ever go to school?
College would be really interesting, and while this all started as a young readers thing, I'm a 42 year-old single mom and it sounds like there are more of us out there, too. Life after high school would be fine with me!
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

The best sequels ideas I can think of are about the past. Like, a book in Carlisle's POV about the end of his human life and the beginning of his vampire one, and of course about his medical career and all that. Plus all the transformations and the first time he met Esme.
Another great book would be about Jasper's time in the Army. And I'd love a book about Emmett's first years as a vampire because I'd love to know how his relationship with Rosalie came to be.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
mrsedwardcullenn
Settled in Forks

Post by mrsedwardcullenn »

I have read every bit that I could of Midnight Sun (Edwards point of view of Twilight) and it is SPECTAULAR! It could quite possibly be better than Twilight in my opinion. I think the SM should keep going with this idea. I believe this because it really shows you the depth of what is going on because Edward can read others' minds. And it really shows his devotion and love for Bella which makes my heart melt :D! I love the character of Edward he is so fascinating to me! I love his view of things!
StarLitNight
Settled in Forks

Post by StarLitNight »

pixiealice wrote: I think she should come back in a few years with Jacob/Nessie books. Let Nessie grow up...in human years...so we can imagine her older. Have the Volturi tick someone off (but not hurt the Cullens) and have Jacob and Nessie team up with the Romanians and Garrett and pick off the Volturi...one by one!!
FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS IT! I've been wanting this ever since I finished Breaking Dawn! Stephenie kind of left Breaking Dawn off on somewhat of a cliffhanger, seeing as the Voluri could, and probably will, come back. I mean, I think that Edward and Bella's story is pretty much over, seeing as they got over every major obstacle (except the Volturi), but defiantly not Jacob and Renesmee. Also another thing is, Renesmee is not required to fall in love with Jacob, so it would be interesting to see her like someone else for a while (although I'd feel bad for Jake...). And then eventually go back to Jacob, because they are so darn adorable! But that would make an interesting plot twist I think.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I have nothing to suggest, because I wouldn't want to infect SM's creative flow. I would read anything that woman would write dealing with these characters, so she really cannot mess up in my eyes. But, do you guys think she'll ever come back to this story?

Since she so definitively finished the saga, I feel almost like if she did came back, it would seem like she came up with a bad case of writer's block. I mean, it is so difficult to pull characters out of thin air and give them a life, but she already has these characters. A lot of the hard work in creating a story is already done. Would it be challenging to her to write another book about them? I am not disuading her in the least, I want more books as much as you all do, but I'm trying to look at this from her perspective. She knows Twilight is a money magnet, but it's obvious that money isn't high on the priority list with her. As a writer, maybe she doesn't want to be known forever as the lady who wrote Twilight. As much as it saddens me, I just don't see her writing more books, but I do hope she at least finishes Midnight Sun. Every story has to eventually end, even though we all hate to think that.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I soooo hope SM finishes MIDNIGHT SUN! It was so awesome! It would be so incredible if the series was re-told from Edward's POV. I agree with a number of the posts here that New Moon would be very somber and sad, but what a story it would be! As a 40 yo (UGH!) mom, I've read a lot of books, but none of them have touched me like these! Please SM, continue writing the saga!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

There are so many ways SM could continue the story! I would probably read anything related to the Twilight series. I would be least interested in something from Leah's POV. I never liked her and I don't like reading about the werewolves in general as much as reading about the vampires. I really hope she does something from Alice's POV. Alice is my favorite character. The relationship between Alice and Jasper seems to be most people's favorite. She could do a book about Alice meeting Jasper and then them falling in love and finding the Cullens together. Or she could do something like Midnight Sun, but from Alice's perspective. Alice's POV on NM would be cool since she researched her past, had the vision of Bella jumping, and went to Italy to save Edward. Alice's POV on part of BD would be cool since her and Jasper went off on their own to find other half vampire people. Jasper's POV for Eclipse would be really interesting since he had experience fighting newborns and taught everyone how to fight. Jasper's history would also be an interesting story in itself, if SM wants to get away from the Cullens-she could talk about him and Maria and fighting in the South. Carlisle's history was pretty interesting, too. She could talk about him being lonely and struggling with the decision of changing Edward. Carlisle's relationship with Esme is very sweet and would make a good romance story. Not a Rosalie fan, but I would read her and Emmet's story or BD from her perspective. It would be interesting to see her thought process when she was protecting Bella and Renesmee. I'd prefer something somehow related to the Cullens, but she could do the Denali family if she really wants to get away from the Cullens. Renesmee and Jacob's story would be interesting, too. Continuing the story as is with the Volturi launching another attack would work as well. It would be kind of interesting if the Volturis kidnapped Renesmee. They could do this as a way to convince Bella to work for them or they could do this because they want to study her and create their own army of half vampires. There are so many possibilities! I just really, really hope she continues with the Twilight stories in some way, shape or form and I hope at least one of her books is heavily related to Alice!! :D
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I would love to read the series from Edwards point of view. It would be so totally different because he reads minds and works his life around those.
I would also like to read about Jacob and nessie as a couple. Think about all the possibilities: a halfhuman half wolf and a half human half vampire, thats intriguiging.
Alice is a charactre i just love, so that would be awesome, it could even be mixed with edward, because they are so close.
And i wouldnt mind to read a bit more about carlisle, about what he thinks of all this. In a way, he started it all.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/