Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I'm rereading Breaking Dawn for like the billionth time already. :D
Tessa
Settled in Forks

Post by Tessa »

I'm reading Night World: Secret Vampire again happily after all of this time. I missed my Night World books. :D
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

ive moved on the order of the phoenix in the HP series
il be done in no time
i love reading them all again :)
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

Currently I am reading, The Sparrow. But I have read so many great books this summer that its hard not to list them all ;)

Any one interested in a great book series, try Scott Westerfeld's Uglies, Pretties, and Extras. Its an intense look at the way the future might be going, but an easy read.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^ You forgot Specials!!! It comes after Pretties.
Pretties is my favorite! Mostly cuz I love Zane *shrugs*
Now I am reading.........
A whole bunch of Shanarra books that I just got from the library.
And the new Obert Skye book.
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Just like some previous posters before me, I am also reading 'The Time-Traveler's Wife'...

absolutely awesome!

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Tessa
Settled in Forks

Post by Tessa »

Edward Cullen Fan wrote:I'm reading Vampire Diaries II: The Struggle.

The first one was amazing. :] I can't wait to read more into the second one.

(Tess, if you see this, thank you so much again! hehe.)

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!! And just WAIT until you start the Night World books! :D

-I am reading Night World: Daughters of Darkness
Luminescence
Settled in Forks

Post by Luminescence »

I'm currently reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk and it is absolutely amazing beyond all words! For those of you whose friends don't religiously follow this cult-novelist (as do my friends), let me tell you, he has a way with words unlike anyone else.

I'm not quite done, and I won't give spoilers, but here's the gist of it in a nutshell:

Once a beautiful model, she is the victim of a disturbing "accident" that has left her disfigured and incapable of speech; an invisible monster. She soon meets Brandy Alexander, queen supreme, who is one operation away from becoming a real woman and much more complex than she may appear. Brandy helps her to leave the past behind and focus only on the future you want. Now, the only thing left is revenge.

I'm completely blown away by this book. I started picking out quotes I liked, but soon gave up. I'd be underlining the whole book.

Definitely not for everyone (heh heh), but if you have a taste for the radical, shocking, brilliant, dark, fresh, twisted, genius mind of Palahniuk, read it on the double. Otherwise, Project Mayhem may get you. Whoooole 'nother story....
ImageImage ...pEaCe...
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Im reading atonement at the moment.

I just wanted to ask people opinion...i dont know if this is the right place but i didnt want to make a new pointless thread.

Im 19 nearly 20 yet i really want to re read some old classic kids books like the wizard of oz,charlottes web,black beauty etc. Im just worried that people will think im an idiot for reading kids books at my age. The same with more modern books as well, i have a guilty pleasure of reading Gossip girl, and the travelling pants etc but i feel so immature for reading them and i feel like i should be reading more adult fiction.I dont know whether i should cut out the kiddie books.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

Who cares what people think? If you want to read something, read it! I read Harry Potter and I don't care what anyone thinks. I have no problem walking right into the kids section of the bookstore and buying something for myself. You should read whatever you want!