Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Katala wrote:For Full Moon's To-Do List (or it just gotta happen!)

1) Rain everyday in the great North-West!
2) Bright and Shiny days in Italy
3) Keep Taylor and use CGI to enhance his soon-to-be monstrous transformation. Heck, they used ILM!
4) Find a better optometrist to make the tinted contact lenses for EACH of the casts who plays a vampire. (I, too would be pi$$ed if the product I had to wear hurt my eyes [may even damage them].)

Does Summit have the final say in what is going to happen in "New Moon"? Is Gowdy Manor Productions Chris Weitz company? There's of course, Summit Entertainment and Imprint Entertainment (go figure!).

The production companies are the ones who fun for the movie, so the more companies working together (such an understatement), the more money will be used to make a better movie or it could crash...either way... they still have to flight to Italy!

:lol:
I agree completely!!! Can I just add one more thing to that list?

5) Invest in better make-up for all of the vampires!!!! PLEASE...that make-up was painful to look at

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Hi~I'm very new to the Twilight Fandom,(just read all of the books ove Christmas-OMG!) and was hoping I could get some basics on the New Moon movie. What is the expected release date and are all of actors coming back? Being a part of the Harry Potter fandom for a long time, I know how much it sucks when chunks of the books are left out. Don't they know that we, the fans, would LOVE to sit through a 3 hour movie? ;) It will be interesting to see how New Moon turns out-I can't wait!!!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Hi~I'm very new to the Twilight Fandom,(just read all of the books ove Christmas-OMG!) and was hoping I could get some basics on the New Moon movie. What is the expected release date and are all of actors coming back? Being a part of the Harry Potter fandom for a long time, I know how much it sucks when chunks of the books are left out. Don't they know that we, the fans, would LOVE to sit through a 3 hour movie? ;) It will be interesting to see how New Moon turns out-I can't wait!!!
Oh okay! Well, New Moon is expected to come out November 20, 2009.
All the actors are coming back....
But, Summit isn't sure if they want to hire Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black for New Moon. I don't know if you heard that or not, but yeah.
That's all I really know. And, oh yeah, Rob doesn't like the the contacts that they made him wear in the previous movie. And most people want to keep Taylor as Jacob.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Thanks for the updates!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Welcome to the boards, twilightsagaaddict, and to the Twilight universe in general. Pretty much what RussetRose said was true except, I would say, about the most people wanting Taylor back. That is being debated by lots of people and I wouldn't say the people who want him back necessarily have the majority.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Dragon's_Gypsy wrote:Welcome to the boards, twilightsagaaddict, and to the Twilight universe in general. Pretty much what RussetRose said was true except, I would say, about the most people wanting Taylor back. That is being debated by lots of people and I wouldn't say the people who want him back necessarily have the majority.
I would agree. Though there are really three catagories. There are those who want him back being a good majority, those who don't want him back, and those who don't care either way (like myself).

Sometimes I don't get companies like Summit. It's all about $$ and if the vast majority want him back and if the chemistry is there with Kristib, Taylor should keep the part.
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

ok, stephenie just confirmed it on her site!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:

"I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz"

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.

- Steph

to so good to hear...
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

shortstuff wrote:ok, stephenie just confirmed it on her site!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:

"I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz"

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.

- Steph

to so good to hear...
that is awesome. i may not be team jacob but i am deffinatly team taylor
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
Eternally Dazzled

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

OK, I don't wanna seem all fangirly, but I have to let my feelings out, and this is definitly the place to do it!
WARNING: excessive use of caps lock and exclamation points and virtual screaming/shrieking ahead!
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SOOO HAPPY NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW! I'M A COMBINATION OF CRYING/SCREAMING/NOW BREATHING/JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND MY HEART IS BEATING 302349834 MPH!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
I WAS SOOOOO SCARED THEY WERE GOING TO REPLACE TAYLOR WITH MICHAEL COPON! *SHUDDER*
HE IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR JACOB'S PART!!!!!! THIS MADE MY WHOLE DAY.... BETTER THAN THAT! IT MADE MY ENTIRE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S CONTINUE TO SHOW TAYLOR OUR SUPPORT AND THAT WE'RE SO HAPPY THAT HE'S CASTED!!!
by the way, I'M SOOO HAPPY FOR HIM! HE WAS SO EAGER AND THEN HE HAD TO WORRY ABOUT NOT GETTING THE PART... AND NOW HE HAS IT!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, fangirling over. :D But seriously, he's absolutely PERFECT for the part. He IS Jacob.
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

shavei7 wrote:^^^ I wish SM was more involved with the Twilight and New Moon script too, but I guess that's too late and just wishful thinking on our part. I just hope CW would change some scenes / dialogue that he feels are not true to the book / story. Maybe SM can still ask for some tiny changes on the NM script... ?

from the script (scene 137, page 106 -- prom):
We may notice the back of a Redhead, mingling with the chaperones

so it was MR's idea to show Victoria at prom by the gaming area.
Perhaps she missed the fact that Edward and the other Cullens would be able to detect Victoria's scent :roll:
MR missed everything about Twilight, that was the problem. :evil:
Argh!!!!, Ughh!!!! :evil: :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict