For XY Discussion Only!!

Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by Goldeneye »

Hey guys Im a Twi-guy too :) We are out there! lol

My feeling on the Edward v. Jacob thing is that They both are symbolic of Bella's mortal and immortal life. If Bella had never met Edward she would probably end up having her slightly less impressive fairy tale ending and marrying Jacob due to the whole they knew each other as kids business. Jacob represents the normal (sans the vampires and werewolfs) life Bella could have had. and Edward represents that immortal timeless love that happens to few and is craved by many, Meeting someone and just knowing they are your everything and your meant for each other. So my answer is They were both "right" for Bella but different lives she could have led. I believe in the book at some point she pictures herself with Jacob married and with kids doesnt she? Im so for Edward thought. IMHO Jacob is a little to immature for Bella and I think Bella started to like him but never loved him the way she loves Edward.
Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Goldeneye »

HAHA I made this from a pic I took while driving home for winter break... :twisted: I REALLY Hate Driving slow IRL :twisted: lol

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/ ... riving.jpg
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Hey, guys! I just joined the Lexicon and this is my first post. I'm really glad there's a guys-only thread, since I'm just now starting to admit to reading (and loving) the series.

Anyway, I was thinking about the whole Edward vs. Jacob thing yesterday, so I'm really glad this came up.

While I was reading, I immediately connected with Edward's character, for the most part because he's almost exactly like me. We both over think everything, notice every miniscule detail of conversations, and we would both follow our emotions and act on them, in one extreme or the other, without thinking of ourselves. This is probably why I liked the series so much. It was incredibly easy to follow the story line, with Edward at least, because whenever something happened, he reacted in basically the same way I would.

Now that's not to say that I like Edward more. In fact, I probably wouldn't like hanging around him much at all. Jacob is more the person who I'd be friends with. He so overwhelmingly genuine and honest that you don't have to worry or guess at his motives with anything, and it really tears him up to have to be anything thing other than that (like hiding his love someone). I try to be more like Jacob when I'm hanging around people, as I'm sure everyone does. He's young, but I don't think he's immature in the negative sense. He still has that youthful innocence that makes him so honest and trustworthy.

Oh... And why I started reading Twilight. Well my now ex-girlfriend would talk about the series all the time and it interested me a little, but I didn't have time to read the books, so I forgot about it. Then I went to see the movie with some friends and remembered a lot of the things she told me, so I gave it a try. A week later, I had read the whole series and was hungry for more (and this was during finals, so I had to budget time for studying, too).

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope I can help keep this thread alive and encourage other guys to come out of the woodworks and admit how much they loved the books.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

welcome goldeneye, and welcome lightbulb...
and all of the others who are new on here, or that i just haven't 'met'...
Glad to be able to offer you guys a place to mingle, without, well, nevermind... the mods would get mad at me if i posted what i was going to post = )
anyway, glad to have you all!
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Goldeneye »

Im a dork I forgot to answer the questions LOL

My Fav Twilight Gal is oddly enough Rosalie I think she was painted as the bad guy since the beginning but shes just complex. And of course Bella :)

And I started reading Twilight due to the Buzz Ive never been one to care what people thought about what books I read So I bought the first book and was hooked.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

I forgot to answer the first question, so after this, I'm all caught up.

My favorite Twilight girl would be Bella, for the fact that she's so selfless and brave and never sees anything but the best in people, but I don't like to follow the crowd, because that's usually boring. I've actually always had a soft spot for Angela, especially after reading the Midnight Sun excerpt. I love that she's the perfect friend to Bella and that she's just... well... such thoroughly good person.

By the way, I was zoning out, and I really like this smiley, even though it doesn't really have a purpose in conversation. :ugeek: He looks a little like me, except before I shaved. I even have some green sunglasses.

P.S. I hope you guys aren't expecting me to stay on topic all the time. I have ADD pretty hardcore, and I have a habit of letting it roam free when I'm in forums. Hope that's all bueno.
Davrick
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Davrick »

...Alice. Gotta love Alice.
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Reason I read Twilight. First I have to say my wife bought me the book because I like Vampire movies and some stories. So she bought it and I read the teaser and said "Hmm romance not my cup of tea." So the book sat on the shelf for a very very very long time. Then I ran out of material to read when I was battling insomnia and said what the hell. I love it and read the other two that were out at the time along with "The Host" int about a week.

As for male character I identify with I James because he straight forward and to the point.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

As for male character I identify with I James because he straight forward and to the point.
Never heard that one before, but that's cool, another perk of having an all guy thread, new points of view...
James, huh? I guess I can see where you're coming from, in that he does have an unwavering singularity of purpose and the ability to focus intently on something until he gets what he wants, well until he dies at the end of twilight anyway...
Good answer though, very unique!!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Bear
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Bear »

Ah, I forgot to answer that question too.

My favourite Twilight female character is Alice! I like her quirky personality and sense of humour! Even though she was quite the girly-girl, I found her actions quite charming most of the time.

What did you guys think of the movie?
One of the better Twilight fanvids I've seen thus far!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKxQDumVMnA

TEAM MIKE!