Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Sometimes I swear I have a sixth sense about knowing when something is wrong with one of my friends. I just get this feeling of worry and like I sort of feel their anxiety like Jasper does. I ask them what's wrong and I usually am right that something is bothering them. Even over IMs and people I only know online, I do that. It's so weird. I try to help them the best I can and soothe them. I dunno if it works but if I ask about it they say I did. I just hope they mean it.
Syn Morite
Settled in Forks

Post by Syn Morite »

You've found quite an interesting topic, Ren. Lol.

I've always considered myself human, but several people over the years have accused me of being supernatural. One of my nicknames in middle school was Witchcraft. I've been told I'm more intuitive than I should be. I've been able to be so still and silent that nobody sees me standing in the middle of a room. (It's how I won several games of dodgeball growing up.) I also can find things quickly and easily. I had my friend in senior year that was absolutely convinced that I was a vampire. Most often people accuse me of being a witch though. Which I don't discourage.

And to answer your questions, Ren, it depends. So much time to pursue my interests! And no one said we had to mingle with the humans. You can spend your time running, hunting, and exploring. You'd be able to see the world. Nah, just kidding. :D While it might be fun, it would get lonely. I'd have to have a good reason to change.
"Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn't mind being a Pawn, if only I might join -- though of course I should like to be a Queen, best." -Alice in Through The Looking Glass
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I believe I'm human but in my own definition of human, where everything goes. I can read way to fast for my friends to read with me, and I remember everything I read, just like a pic on my mind. I learn things very fast too. I don't know if I can see ghosts or I'm just paranoid but sometimes I feel all weird and then I look around and see a shadow or shape. My senses are all weird, like some things give me static electricity, and I can hear or smell things that are far away, I taste flavors in things that my friends don't notice (even water) and even when I use glasses, if I concentrate enough I can get a 20/20 vision (I did it on my driver's test because I didn't want to wear glasses in the pic). My friends say I can read their mind because I always know what they are going to say before they do, but I think I'm just way too perceptive. I believe all this things are not weird in any way, probably is just my mind overcompensating for the fact that it doesn't communicate too well with the rest of my body (I'm way too clumsy).
And for some reason I can know what other people are feeling, even when they are hiding it very well, I can almost feel it. I believe in ESP(extra sensorial perception) so I believe I'm an empath, which it's still considered being human, I guess...
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

Edward Cullen Fan wrote:Sometimes I swear I have a sixth sense about knowing when something is wrong with one of my friends. I just get this feeling of worry and like I sort of feel their anxiety like Jasper does. I ask them what's wrong and I usually am right that something is bothering them. Even over IMs and people I only know online, I do that. It's so weird. I try to help them the best I can and soothe them. I dunno if it works but if I ask about it they say I did. I just hope they mean it.

That is preciselly what happens to me but with sadness, I can be on messenger and sudenly feel the need to cry, my friends know me already so they tell me what's wrong when I ask them. I did a search on the subject and I found that it's usually called being an empath, meaning you are able to walk a mile in somebody's heart, litteraly. I believe that more of than a sixth sense, your brain is using a higher percent of its capacity than the 10-15% normal people use.

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Haha, Hi Syn! Leave it to Ren to find the fun topics, eh?

And the hard part about this topic is that to define what it's like to be inhuman, we must first define what it is to be human.

Anarey has some very good points; I, too, an a bit of an empath. Didn't realize it at first and I had some serious issues with being in a room with a lot of people. It's like a one-way Jasper; I get nailed with everyone else's feelings without realizing what's happening.

I'm very grounded with Earth energies, I do a lot of meditation, and my intuition is higher than most people around me. But I also believe that these aren't inhuman things. Anyone can be intuitive if they're open to it. Empath? I don't know enough about that. But I figure if little ol' me can figure it out, anybody can.

So... since we need to define human before we can define what it means to NOT be human, here's a question...
What does it mean to be human?

<3 Ren

ETA: Random sidenote; the one time when I don't think I'm completely normal (I'm foregoing the word human for now.) is when I think about a... mate. Boyfriend. Whatever. I've never dated. And I have yet to find someone I'm interested in. Part of it is I'm so deeply grounded with my meditation, so in tune with energies around me, that I can't see myself sharing my life with someone who isn't. And there aren't very many pagan/wiccan boys my age, honestly. Everyone in my spiritualist church is firstly, married, and second, like four times my age. Sigh. So sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find someone I'll be able to connect with so intimately. And that's sort of where my fantasies about meeting someone who isn't human come from. Like another human can't connect with me, or something, like I was made for something more eternal. Whatever. :roll: I've got loads of time. I'll probably end up marrying someone like a construction worker or something. Nothing exotic or spiritually intoxicating about that. :p
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

Feathers wrote:Anarey has some very good points; I, too, an a bit of an empath. Didn't realize it at first and I had some serious issues with being in a room with a lot of people..
Same thing happnened to me, only thing I was in 7th grade by then. Thank God for my best friend at the time that made it sound like a new toy to play with and invade everyone else's privacy :lol: I had fun for a while before It got stronger but by then, Google became my best friend. (I lol'd so hard when Edward said "Google it" because I google everything)
Feathers wrote:I'm very grounded with Earth energies, I do a lot of meditation, and my intuition is higher than most people around me. But I also believe that these aren't inhuman things. Anyone can be intuitive if they're open to it.
I'm very connected to the Air element. Like when I get really mad a calming breeze comes from mowhere. A wiccan friend in college said I conjured them unconciously but I'm not so sure about that, I prefer to believe that they are other spirits out there making the wind act like that. Like some elemental or something.
Feathers wrote:Empath? I don't know enough about that. But I figure if little ol' me can figure it out, anybody can.
Well empath is just a word that describes the best way what we do, the meaning of the word is Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives. And that's pretty much what we do, just in a different way. But to me it's more like taking your normal sense of perception to a whole new level.
Feathers wrote:[So... since we need to define human before we can define what it means to NOT be human, here's a question...
What does it mean to be human?
Human, in a dictionary is defined as "A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species", which scientifically we are. Special abilities happen to everyone in a different way. It's all in the brain, just for some people it works different, like diffetent other talents.
Feathers wrote:[ETA: Random sidenote; the one time when I don't think I'm completely normal (I'm foregoing the word human for now.) is when I think about a... mate. Boyfriend. So sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find someone I'll be able to connect with so intimately. And that's sort of where my fantasies about meeting someone who isn't human come from. Like another human can't connect with me, or something, like I was made for something more eternal.
I used to feel the same way, even more because I have dated. But the sad thing is, sometimes, that person doesn't stay forever. I found mine and he pulled an Eduard on me (he kept trying to show me how "evil" he was and changing his mind and breaking up with me, untli he just dissapeared.) The thing is, life is just too short to spend it looking for a prince charming, it's better to just enjoy it and when Mr. Right appears you enjoy the moment too. After all, we all are only human.

-Abraham Crowley
Syn Morite
Settled in Forks

Post by Syn Morite »

Excellent question, Ren. Actually reminds me of something from the Twilight Saga. Jake considers himself human, but most people wouldn't. I don't really have an answer to it though. I consider myself human, and I consider people with supernatural talents as human for the most part. I wouldn't consider Edward a human, but I do consider Jake a human. I'm not quite sure how to explain the difference in my mind between them to be honest.
"Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn't mind being a Pawn, if only I might join -- though of course I should like to be a Queen, best." -Alice in Through The Looking Glass
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

No, but I sure as heck wish I was a vamp...or had a ***y one to call my hubby.

hehehe

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hrm, thank you, Anarey. That helped my perspective a lot. Normally, I'd say something, argue, debate, but I ended up agreeing with everything you said. :) We should chat sometime. Feel free to send me a PM if you're ever so inclined.

Syn - I do sort of get what you're saying, that finite difference. However, I would be so bold as to say that I would classify Edward as human over someone like Riley, or Bree. Humanity is a state of conciousness, to me, not a state of being. The Cullens try so hard to be human, if only in spirit and not body. In my opinion, anyway.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

Feathers wrote: I would classify Edward as human over someone like Riley, or Bree. Humanity is a state of conciousness, to me, not a state of being. The Cullens try so hard to be human, if only in spirit and not body. In my opinion, anyway.
Well, I have to repeat your words, I usually go with the dictionary meaning of words. But your view on the word humanity is something I agree with. If we apply the word to the Cullens, I'd say they brought their whole humanity with them to the vampire life. Their feelings and attitudes (even Rosalie) are not what vampires would express. It's almost like a proof that they do have souls, even if other vampires don't.

@Ren: I believe we can get along pretty well too.
PS. Since my nick is a little weird, you can all call me Vid which is my real life nickname and it's shorter lol

-Abraham Crowley